International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

ohhhh man its great to see emotions running so high even of those who havent even played this game........
long live international cricket 2010........

I'm actually quite gripped. People should over to the stories forum and start writing some. You could also visit mine. ;)

55 overs: South Africa 128/9

Grit being shown by the last two at the crease. Both no mugs with the bat. Steyn 29* Morkel 3*

Question is when will the spinners come back on!

Steyn top edge over the keeper!!!

Oooooh!!! Does these top edges look realistic??? Also, does the batsman ever glove the ball when you bowl bouncers or against spinners on bouncier pitches?

Wicket!!!

First Innings done! 128 all out

Steyn playing across the line edges to slip giving Sharma his 3rd!

Follow on enforced as expected

Top edge got cut off by Fine leg, i picked up 2

Try all the tactics (like putting majority of men on off-side and bowling well outside off)...see how AI reacts to that :)!! will help to keep them quiet as well i think!

Yeah that's what I've been doing, I've only got short leg and a man on the hook on the on side, for the surprise bouncer. Trouble is, they're only hitting the bad balls. Had a couple of overs of Swann before I stopped, and he seemed to cause problems, he's getting a lot of turn, and had Ponting feeling outside off a couple of times. I think Swanny will get the breakthrough (he is his bunny after all :P).

Yeah that's what I've been doing, I've only got short leg and a man on the hook on the on side, for the surprise bouncer. Trouble is, they're only hitting the bad balls. Had a couple of overs of Swann before I stopped, and he seemed to cause problems, he's getting a lot of turn, and had Ponting feeling outside off a couple of times. I think Swanny will get the breakthrough (he is his bunny after all :P).

Patience my boy patience....its a TEST after all ;)

Last edited:
has anyone played full 50 over match as of now?
if someone has then can you please tell me about the kind of field placing ai gives you after completion of powerplays.........

field placement in ac09 sucked big time..........

Wicket!!! and Tea....

Just when you thought they were digging in final ball before tea Smith left one outside off to Zaheer only to see it swing in and clip offs bail!

Gutted!!

10 overs: South Africa 23/1

Hmm

England won the toss and elected to bat on what Warne said was a 'excellent cricket wicket' and I've got them at 34/3 after 10 overs so far :)

Strauss lbw b Taylor 6 (15)
Cook lbw b Roach 4 (15)
Trott c Nash b Taylor 7 (15)
Pietersen 14* (16)
Collingwood 0* (2)

Just picked the game up. Bowling with action cam is quite difficult.

Playing (on hard, minimal HUD, action cam) Australia (me) vs England (AI) in a T20. Bit of a strange one so far. England were going well at 65/0 after 9.3 overs. Then I bowled Ian Bell with an offcutter from Shane Watson, top of leg stump. Then I gave KP the yorker, which he didn't play very well. I then bowled a legcutter on a good length and he played a backfoot lofted drive straight up in the air to mid on. The first ball next over Colly chips one to mid on off Bolly. If you played Ashes it was that animation where the fielder sort of falls over to his right/left to catch it.

I've got them at 66/3 now, bit of a collapse but we'll see.

20 overs: South Africa: 61/2

Khan this innings being the thorn in South Africas side picking up Peterson with one going across him taking the edge.

Amla 34* continuing from his 40 in the first innings has been the only batsmen to look at home in this match!

Time for a shower for me!
England won the toss and elected to bat on what Warne said was a 'excellent cricket wicket' and I've got them at 34/3 after 10 overs so far

This is what i like though!... You got the run around in your last match didnt you!

Users who are viewing this thread