International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

TBH Ill probably only play 2020s online like last time. Maybe the occasional Test against the AI, but I would rather play a human opponent if I have the option.

Online play has barely been addressed so far, hopefully we get some more information over the weekend now that its in stores.

Anyone been quit on? did you get the win?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still don't get this obsession with stats...who cares.

I believe it's because having stats in game, coming up automatically and not hidden in a menu, would make the game more like a TV broadcast - would others agree?

guys its not that great,just watched few gameplay videos on youtube and it seems like that its just a patched version of ac09........
3 bouncers followed by a yorker and then couple of good length deliveries all on same line...........this watch pretty much the pattern in ac09 as well..........

apoorv added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

YouTube - ipl1982uk's Channel
gameplay videos........

Guys who have been posting their impressions in the last 48 pages have quite a different opinion.

Well...watching videos can sometimes be mis-leading!! Il rather go with the impressions of the people (specially those who played ashes 09 a lot and thus knew it inside out) who have played this game!!

Indeed. About ten years back, I saw a video for 'Official Formula One Racing '99 ' - what a great game it looked! So, I ran out and got it and guess what? It was rubbish. You really cannot judge much from a video.

@Guys who have the game, would you say that, regardless of the odd niggle here and there, this game has built on the immense promise showed by AC09 + beta patches and that there is a solid base of gameplay to be built upon by a patch, or failing that, the next game in the series? Surely we can't be unlucky enough to have two cricket devs. go to the wall when it seems they've nailed the formula?

Edit: Has anyone tried a test online (if that's an option)? If so, can you save the damn game?

Edit: Has anyone tried a test online (if that's an option)? If so, can you save the damn game?[/QUOTE]

You cant save online! Ive asked many times why, but i keep getting told its not all that important. Well it is to me!!! Just like having a rain on-off option. Some people enjoy having a day or so lost and having to chase down a score faster. :doh

Seems to be a lot of people treating the thread like ESPN now and giving out scores for the games they are playing and match updates, lol. That's all very nice and I wouldn't turn it down, but how about a little more in the way of answers to some of the questions being asked?

Some of the questions have been answered and that's awesome, but honestly you could go back 20 pages and find about 15 questions that will help the community who haven't bought the game yet to decide whether or not to support it.

I've already got mine on it's way, but I'm sure it'd help other people make up their minds.

Anyhow thanks for the answers to the other gameplay and feature queries which have been responded to. :)

3.1 overs in. Australia are 23/0. You get real satisfaction when you bowl a good ball, bowled a couple of jaffers to Warner with Broad which really seamed away from him. Nice to see genuine play and misses to good deliveries on a cricket game. Any idea how to get the bouncer working? I've attempted 2, 1 barely got up and was smashed down the ground for 6 and the other was cut for 4.

GONE :D Warner goes for 25 off 19. Bresnan got some tap in the last over, so I brought Luke Wright into the attack. 4th ball of the over I mix in the slower delivery, Warner gets through the shot far too early and ends up smacking it straight to Broad at mid off. Early impressions of this game are very, very good. AI Run rate is realistic and the batsmen are playing properly. 39/1 off 4.4.

The commentary

The ball really races over this outfield.
This accompanies a big 6

That piereced the legside field.
This accompanies the ball rolling off the pad onto the legside

I think the way I'm going to go is
Minimal for bowling and nothing for batting. Action cam hard obviously

Wicket!!!!

Lunch between India and South Africa

30 overs: India 130/3

Dravid out for 55 caught in the slips of Parnell.

Just what South Africa needed an even session with all 3 seamers grabbing a wicket.

Interesting to see how after his 5 wicket haul in the 1st test Harris has been poor.

For those who followed the first game and me getting destroyed with the Indians declaring on 675/6 will be interesting to see how the South Africans bounce back and what the Indians do!

Users who are viewing this thread