International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

How are you getting out? Going for sixes and getting caught?

Nope. One was an edge behind off Lee which I was attempting to straight drive, seamed off the deck and took the edge. One was going for a mad slog across the line to what I thought was going to be a full toss but turned out to be a yorker. Then the first one was a matter of swinging across the line to Lee's first delivery. Don't think I'm going to chase 223 down somehow.

King Pietersen added 7 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

That went well. Lost by the princely sum of 178 runs. Ended up 44 all out. Watson took 3/4, Lee 3/9 and Johnson 3/12. Trott was the only batsman to make double figures ending up 27*. Did. Not. Go. Well. Think I might give the tutorial's a go TBH.

I've finally got the game after hours of waiting, I've started a test match between England and south Africa. I was sent in to bat on a sunny day at the oval and after 4 overs I'm 9-1 with strauss going for 5. I'm also strangely looking forward to bowling after hearing good reviews. I'm only annoyed because England are starting in the football, so I'll carry on after that or maybe at half time.

Trott's gone I'm now 10-2
Just had a thick edge go over the slips for a single

Last edited:
Did it go for 4? If so then thats awesome!

Nope sorry. I got a couple of runs out of it though! :)

I waited till i got this game and played for myself before i judged it. And i can really tell you this is 5 times better than AC09. Really enjoying playing. Its so similar and yet so different. I know that doesnt make sence but its the best way to describe it. :sarcasm
Achievments/trophies are abit easy to get though! :facepalm

I love the adition of the 3rd umpire screen and the air horn in the crowds!!

After bowling out England for 188 I was feeling quite pleased with myself................

A shaky start left me reeling at 20/3 but a mini recovery with Shiv & Gayle took the score to 44/3. But then Swann came on.

50 all out.

Swann 4/0 (3)

:crying

lol everyone must be watching the England Algeria match, thread died all of a sudden

16-3 cook gone lbw for 7.Batting is alot harder than I expected
Update 17-4 collingwood gone, I'm sensing a collapse

Last edited:
uh oh I've got a bug which was in ashes, I hooked a ball and it stopped in the outfield and after I ran three the fielder ran to get it after I got four runs by running. At least it isn't a major bug but I just thought I'd say

Was the ball hanging in the air with the catching system going on? If so that is a shame, that bug was supposed to have been addressed in the AC09 beta patches

Update- I'm now 51-5, bells gone off a top edge for 12 but pieterson is still there for twenty so I still have hope.
Priors just gone off an inside edge, I'm know 53-6, I'm going to just play more defensively and try to give pieterson the strike

darthlewis1 added 5 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Was the ball hanging in the air with the catching system going on? If so that is a shame, that bug was supposed to have been addressed in the AC09 beta patches

no I'm batting so it wasn't the catching problem, the fielders were just not doing anything while I was running, but it isn't anything major.

darthlewis1 added 11 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Pietersons gone for 21 so I'm now in trouble

Broads now gone for 1, I think I need more practice lol

swanns gone, I'm 58-9 and I'm in serious trouble, I've haven't planned my innings out well, I thought it would be easier, I'm now aiming for 100 so onions and anderson better start batting properly

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread