International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Just started playing Pakistan v India test match, played at Karachi. Playing on hard level.

India won the toss and elected to bat, was pleased with that because I wanted to test out if the bowling had improved, and more importantly test that the AI had improved their batting.

At the end of 34 overs India are 122/2. I am very pleased with the bowling, there is no more stupid run out's, no more crazy AI scoring at an unrealistic run rate and spinners are now effective because the AI does not attack them in the crazy manner that it did in AC09.

I have seen the AI play a variety of shots, and I noticed that the 4's were scored along the ground and also the odd lofted shot when I had my field up in attacking positions. The best bit though was how I got Sachin out, he was 30 odd not out and looking comfortable, so I decided to see if a tactic would work, with Asif for 2 overs I bowled a succession of outswingers pitched at a good length, I threw in the odd straight bowl pitched at a short/bouncer length, eventually after nearly three overs I thought right now it is time to bowl a inswinger which is pitched at a fuller length, Sachin I think was expecting a outswinger so was able to trap him in front of the stumps and got the LBW decision, very satisfying. My other wicket was Sehwag, who tried to sweep Kaneria and top edged.

I would say that my initially impressions are that this game is an improvement on AC09, all the previous bugs have gone and there seem to be no new game breaking bugs. The action cam is awesome, really makes you feel like you are out in the middle. Graphically it isn't much better than AC09 but the faces are an improvement.

Well done to the developers, if it carries on like this, then this could turn out to be a very special game.

Bit off-topic but when do you expect to get your copy?? (I am getting a pS3 this weekend with a bit of luck!!:D:eek::yes)

Its in the mail today. My guess is I will get it Tuesday or Wednesday

UPDATE:

Test Match: Lord's.
Hard Mode.
Australia (AI) v England (ME)

Australia 179 all out in 46.1 overs.
Ponting 35 (47)
Hussey 30 (59)
Katich 24 (60)
Haddin 19 (29)

England 73/3 in 25 overs.
Cook 30* (60)
Collingwood 28 (59)
Pietersen 6 (8)
Strauss 4 (23)

It's time for me to take a break, i will post more later.

Can you answer the spinner question, are they easy to hit when batting?

The Players faces look worse than last year, and contrary to barmyarmy, the player ratings have not been changed or fixed. Flintoff is still rated as 84 - the second best batsman in the England Team....... hmmmm.

Umm, when was the last time Flintoff played? He is no way near the 2nd best batsman in the England side

Just started playing Pakistan v India test match, played at Karachi. Playing on hard level.

India won the toss and elected to bat, was pleased with that because I wanted to test out if the bowling had improved, and more importantly test that the AI had improved their batting.

At the end of 34 overs India are 122/2. I am very pleased with the bowling, there is no more stupid run out's, no more crazy AI scoring at an unrealistic run rate and spinners are now effective because the AI does not attack them in the crazy manner that it did in AC09.

I have seen the AI play a variety of shots, and I noticed that the 4's were scored along the ground and also the odd lofted shot when I had my field up in attacking positions. The best bit though was how I got Sachin out, he was 30 odd not out and looking comfortable, so I decided to see if a tactic would work, with Asif for 2 overs I bowled a succession of outswingers pitched at a good length, I threw in the odd straight bowl pitched at a short/bouncer length, eventually after nearly three overs I thought right now it is time to bowl a inswinger which is pitched at a fuller length, Sachin I think was expecting a outswinger so was able to trap him in front of the stumps and got the LBW decision, very satisfying. My other wicket was Sehwag, who tried to sweep Kaneria and top edged.

I would say that my initially impressions are that this game is an improvement on AC09, all the previous bugs have gone and there seem to be no new game breaking bugs. The action cam is awesome, really makes you feel like you are out in the middle. Graphically it isn't much better than AC09 but the faces are an improvement.

Well done to the developers, if it carries on like this, then this could turn out to be a very special game.

Ha thats more like it,

Sounds like your having a good match, very jealous i have to admit

ah ████, I see he is rated as the 2nd batsman.

Others have said the bowling speeds are fixed though, can you confirm?

You have just made my day, keep us updated!!

I think we all need to remember low scores do happen!!

For the spinners question, i found them quite hard to hit as for me i kept on edging it :/ but when i done less power and just a normal shot, i would get like singles or 2's.
For me in The T20, Australia are just hitting it about, but not like every ball, as there on 92/2 in 12 overs and it's on easy.

There chasing 135.

Last edited:

Great impressions mate. I loved to read how you got the little master but tell me who caught sehwag? Was it Kamran Akmal :eek:

Easy mode does not count, AI is always retarded in those. Hard or go home :p

ah ████, I see he is rated as the 2nd batsman.

Others have said the bowling speeds are fixed though, can you confirm?

And can we edit them? No

and WHY must they limit the points we put on the players we are allowed to edit! IT'S OUR ROSTER ISN'T IT?!!!!!

UPDATE:

Test Match: Lord's.
Hard Mode.
Australia (AI) v England (ME)

Australia 179 all out in 46.1 overs.
Ponting 35 (47)
Hussey 30 (59)
Katich 24 (60)
Haddin 19 (29)

England 73/3 in 25 overs.
Cook 30* (60)
Collingwood 28 (59)
Pietersen 6 (8)
Strauss 4 (23)

It's time for me to take a break, i will post more later.

Mmm, if I remember correctly none of us managed to get a test match going past three days. Wonder how this game fairs in that regard.

Sounds great mate, i wish i had the game. Also i know the other person was playing and got the ai out for 179 but there are lots of different scores in cricket, do you want the ai to be so good that they get 400 of 100 overs almost everytime. Not me guys, somewhere in the middle for me. :banana2

8/10

Best cricket game since Brian Lara 99'.

The new camera angles are really impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread