Kevin Pietersen - New England Captain (Vaughan and Collingwood resign)

Give it to Ian Bell.
See evertonfan, maybe Carlsberg are doing Ashes winning captains now and hence the possible announcement !

Strange that I sent Sky an email last night saying how Vaughan needed to be dropped and Read needed to come in for Ambrose. One down, one to go...

Strange that I sent Sky an email last night saying how Vaughan needed to be dropped and Read needed to come in for Ambrose. One down, one to go...
Does`nt Read play in the ICL ?
If so, I don`t think he has a chance of coming back.You must stick with Ambrose for sometime.
England have tinkered with their wicketkeeping spot a bit too much in the past few ears.
They must stick to Ambrose at least till the winter tours.

Why the hell People keep saying that Vaughn should not resign?
Hell He must.I say give job to Strauss because Staruss still gonna score more runs then Vaughn.
Vaughn has just played last couple of matches as a Fielder??:eek:

He has been great Captain,No offense and a batsman with great technique but his time is over now.

Give it to Pietersen. England only perform when Pietersen performs and when he doesn't perform (or doesn't play) then England are on par with Bangladesh.

England will probably get thumped 5-0 against us next year if his out with injury or any other reason. The rest of England's batsman are so feeble that they'll make Mitchell Johnson & Beau Casson look like McGrath & Warne.

"Sky Sports understands that Kevin Pietersen to be named England Test captain"

Oh God. We've gone and ruined our one special, special player. It'll be interesting to see him tossing the coin at the Oval with his old mate Smith.

Graeme Smith is just a legend. Why can't we have someone like him?

Rumours are escalating that Vaughan is standing down for just this game and he will go back to Yorkshire to find form, rejoining the squad in India in November. Bad move if it is true. Also, if this is the case, why all the long and drawn out 1pm conferences? Why not explain this at 9.30am like they normally do? It HAS to be something bigger.

I hope they don't give it to Strauss. We shouldn't give it to a player who's place in the team isn't ever secure. It'll go straight to Pietersen although I wouldn't rule out the utter stupidity of the selectors to give it to Flintoff again.

What's to say a fresh call up might not get the captaincy? Rob Key perhaps?

But hey, Strauss seemed to rise to the responsibility or being captain, he averaged 55 when he was captain, and wasn't too bad a captain aswell. KP does not seem like a test captain at all, could be disasterous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd give it too Cook. He's a regular, a LH Opener, and is 23 years old, about the same age Smith was when he got the captaincy...:p

WOAH! Now Colly's apparently stepped down as ODI skipper and KP is gonna lead on both fronts. Just said it on SSN.

Colly has stepped down too!! Pietersen to take both roles!!

Well well well...this will either ruin KP's career, end up as a black mark on an otherwise great career, or turn him into a legend...

Users who are viewing this thread