Micromax Asia Cup Twenty20 - Bangladesh 2016

Who are You supporting to win Asia Cup 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bangladesh are only making it very tough for themselves with acts like this. They are still not a team that can consistently beat opponents. Their success ratio has improved over the years for them not to be called "minnows" anymore, but there is still an aura of comfort that top international teams feel when they face Bangladesh. Their fans are acting as if they will crush anyone who comes their way.

Once you step out of the banana skin zone, there are more chances that top sides won't slip for it. I am sure India will be ready for them this Sunday.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bangladesh fans (few) are so stupid that they're acting as if they have won the World Cup by beating top international teams at home like India, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka. I don't see any improvement in that team except their home advantage. They just invite the strong teams for couple of series in their home, beat them and declare themselves as a strong team.

They don't tour other countries. Their abroad tour records are horrible as the records of Kenya in world cricket. If India beats Bangladesh in the final of Asia Cup this sunday then it will be their 1st series/tournment loss after 2015 WC. Their fans support their team only if they are winning the match. If there is sign of Bangladesh losing the match, within the last ball is bowled the whole stadium will be empty. If they win, they stay back and attack the fans of losing team.

Winning a series doesn't mean that they should attack the fans of losing teams. According to their logic, during 2011 WC, India won the first match against its opponent Bangladesh with a huge margin. Did the Indian fans threat Bangladeshi fans like this?.

"A national flag is a flag that symbolises a country". I was shocked to hear that PM is also involved in such activities. Come-on let us atleast show some dignity towards national flags. I'm afraid, something ill might happen to Indian fans too in the Finals.

This will never end until we beat Bangladesh in Bangladesh and end their unbeaten streak at home. I hope India has the support from Srilanka and Pakistan fans.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Bangladesh fans (few) are so stupid that they're acting as if they have won the World Cup by beating top international teams at home like India, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka. I don't see any improvement in that team except their home advantage. They just invite the strong teams for couple of series in their home, beat them and declare themselves as a strong team.

They don't tour other countries. Their abroad tour records are horrible as the records of Kenya in world cricket. If India beats Bangladesh in the final of Asia Cup this sunday then it will be their 1st series/tournment loss after 2015 WC. Their fans support their team only if they are winning the match. If there is sign of Bangladesh losing the match, within the last ball is bowled the whole stadium will be empty. If they win, they stay back and attack the fans of losing team.

wow, someone using the record of an asian team away from home to dismiss their abilities, never seen this before.

I could probably just leave the sarcy remark to speak for itself but as an india fan isn't this a bit rich? considering you lot were running around going on about how you were the number 1 test team in the world loaded with players who should be called the best ever and yet you were turning up in australia and england and getting so badly pumped that it was embarrassing to watch.

bangladesh haven't been good enough to have racked up the highlights that pakistan, india and sri lanka have, but for the most part winning at home and getting beaten away from home against good sides has been the hallmark of asian teams (and vice versa for teams outside the SC when they turn up to face pak/ind/SL) for the last 30 years.

grkrama

National Board President
getting beaten away from home against good sides has been the hallmark of asian teams All INTL teams the last half decade

fixed

you lot were running around going on about how you were the number 1 test team in the world

At that time around 2008-2010 we did well away, we werent crushing like old WI or the aus of 2000s but 2-1 in a four match test series in aus wasnt bad.

A lot of thing went wrong after WC due to transition and stuff! But the team that was ranked 1 was pretty good at the moment with players peaked! It was a bit sad that most of them were at the end of the tenure and couldnt last longer!

Im sure WI got humped everywhere but that didnt take anything away from their star player same would apply for all teams!

In that period you are forgetting that ind won a t20 WC, wc11, test no 1, so i dont see anything wrong with fans being psyched about it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be fair i dont mind ban fans going over the top, cause their team is doing well at home after a long time, its almost like coming of age for ban, the only prob is some of the incidents like the one with pak chacha or chopped dhoni head feels quite a bit distasteful!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think its unfair to judge all BD fans based on these incidents. There will always be rowdy fans in EVERY country who cross the lines, but they are almost always in a minority. Wherever there is a passionate following for something, some bad eggs will come out and ruin it for everyone.

I am sure a majority of BD fans are still delightful cricket lovers who are psyched to see their team performing consistently well in the last 12 months or so

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I think its unfair to judge all BD fans based on these incidents. There will always be rowdy fans in EVERY country who cross the lines, but they are almost always in a minority. Wherever there is a passionate following for something, some bad eggs will come out and ruin it for everyone.

I am sure a majority of BD fans are still delightful cricket lovers who are psyched to see their team performing consistently well in the last 12 months or so
What if I told You there was a post saying "Anamul Haque is better than Sachin Tendulkar because He scored more runs than him in 2013", and more than 100,000 people liked it. I'm sure all of them are Bangladeshis.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What if I told You there was a post saying "Anamul Haque is better than Sachin Tendulkar because He scored more runs than him in 2013", and more than 100,000 people liked it. I'm sure all of them are Bangladeshis.

I would say, welcome to the internet !! Just because its online, doesn't mean its true :)

van Anzah

School Cricketer
Believe Me, after that blatant and pathetic display from Bangladesh towards our chacha, every Pakistani person in the world will support India.

There are idiots everywhere, admittedly, but there's also more to life than what meets the eye :)

Last edited:

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I would say, welcome to the internet !! Just because its online, doesn't mean its true :)
Umm…

I'm saying, there's a post on Facebook posted on a Bangladeshi troll page by Bangladeshis. The stats may be of 2014 or 2013 but they were true. Anamul Haque did score more runs than Tendulkar. But that doesn't mean that Anamul Haque's the better batsman, right?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Umm…

I'm saying, there's a post on Facebook posted on a Bangladeshi troll page by Bangladeshis. The stats may be of 2014 or 2013 but they were true. Anamul Haque did score more runs than Tendulkar. But that doesn't mean that Anamul Haque's the better batsman, right?

No, that stat doesn't mean that Haque was better. But what is the point of sharing that ?

Users who are viewing this thread