New Zealand in Bangladesh, October 2010/11

This year Nathan averages 18 with the bat and 31 with the ball at an economy rate of 4.1

Since the start of 2008 Vettori averages 26 with the bat, which is not too shabby. And that's at a strike rate of 89 as well.

The situation was perfect for Vettori to bat IMO. You can't just look at the number where he came out and say it was the wrong decision because in that situation he's the man for the job.

Really would like to see a white wash

I must admit I was bemused to see Jamie How scoring against Zimbabwe A. He's still stuck in the NZ A team, but he's surely the most in-form NZ batsman. We even got a good look at him making runs in the CLT20. Meanwhile, you've got players like Redmond and Stewart wandering into the team. I think someone's just not paying enough attention.

How was rather average last season in domestic cricket, and it's only in the Champion's League and this A tour he's really started looking good.

Champions League started on Friday 10 September 2010: Fixtures, Schedule | Champions League Twenty20 2010 | Cricinfo.com

The New Zealand squad was announced on Monday 13 September 2010: New Zealand news: Hamish Bennett 'stunned' at one-day call-up for tour of Bangladesh | Cricket News | Bangladesh v New Zealand | Cricinfo.com

So How couldn't be picked on the form he showed in the Champions League, although the Champions League finished before this tour started. They could have added him as late inclusion, but normally that doesn't happen.

How was 19th in the OD MVP last season. (13th batting wise).

That's behind players like Williamson, Watling, and Stewart who were called up.

But that's still last season. We're into this season now. Some 700 odd runs later in the case of How.

At least I can understand that the squad was simply selected too long ago to go on recent form. What I really don't understand is the methodology for picking Redmond. Poor one day record, no form, doesn't play for NZ A and still gets picked. Some batsmen do look better than their stats, but he's hardly one of them.

But that's still last season. We're into this season now. Some 700 odd runs later in the case of How.

At least I can understand that the squad was simply selected too long ago to go on recent form. What I really don't understand is the methodology for picking Redmond. Poor one day record, no form, doesn't play for NZ A and still gets picked. Some batsmen do look better than their stats, but he's hardly one of them.

Redmond does play for NZ A. I think you're thinking of the emerging players squad that was sent to Australia?

He's been the reserve opener for a while now.

I am now totally convinced that NZ are the shittiest players of spin in the world. Well played by Bangladesh though especially in the last 2 games. Rubel seems to have improved and spinners have done a great job especially Shuvo and Shakib.

These are probably the positive effects of me not supporting the Bangladesh team :p but I am not really expecting Bangladesh to maintain this consistency for a very long time. It won't be long before Shakib goes out form again with the bat and the middle order goes crap again and then more pressure on Tamim at the top causing those big collapses.

^^ You are a fluke. Like you said, when you were away, and stop following, we did good. so gtfo.

McLOVIN added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Thank You.

McLOVIN added 11 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

5087877330_fae3750f35.jpg

I see Tamim took off the cast

Users who are viewing this thread