New Zealand Tour of West Indies May-July 2014

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fulton sucks. Good innings from Latham and Williamson though. I think Latham/Rutherford should be our opening combo in the future, but playing Guptill with Latham in the short term would probably be the best option

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wow, this is excruciating...

Indeed, but i'd take this over T20 any day of the week.

Tom Latham looks to be good batsman, I liked what I saw from him in the tour of Sri Lanka last year and he continues to impress.

Jerome Taylor bowled very economically, Roach was poor and as for Benn well...where's Narine when you need him? :rolleyes

Haynes123

Club Captain
Shillingford does not look the shadow of the bowler he was before he was banned, well benn stills looks the same as he did when he started, the windies batsmen will be rolled over quickly as they don't have the patience to graft it out except for chanderpaul, well it was said before, they had the ace in Narine but opted not to apply it and it will lead to another series loss in a line of many.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
NZ selectors really think N McCullum is just a limited overs bowler then, since i reckon he might be worth a try in tests - especially with Vettori future still uncertain.

What is the kiwi fans position currently on Adam Milne & Matt Henry as potential test bowlers?

Henry yay, Milne nay.

Henry is the better bowler, he has been dominating domestic cricket since he first came onto the scene. 135-140k, outswing, good line and length and a strong action. Looks a lot like Jason Gillespie I reckon, action wise. If he could stay healthy I'd have him in the test line up right away, backing up Southee and Boult.

Milne's very quick, probably one of the quickest if not quickest bowlers in the world. But he's still pretty 'raw' as a bowler. He's improved at the 18 year old that first played for New Zealand but he has never really dominated domestic cricket. He'd be a fair way down the pecking order I reckon.

Ben Wheeler has always been my favourite out of the Central Districts trio of Milne, Doug Bracewell and Beavan Small. He's a lot like Boult but just a tad taller. Like Milne though he just can't stay on the park.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Kane Williamson is an amazing talent. Not very pleasing to the eyes but surely knows how to grind it out and build an inning. He has all the qualities to be the greatest NZ batsman we have ever seen.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
It'll be interesting to see how quickly the West Indies can score on this pitch.

I think New Zealand should look to bat until the middle of the evening session and then put the West Indies in for a difficult last hour.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Kane Williamson is an amazing talent. Not very pleasing to the eyes but surely knows how to grind it out and build an inning. He has all the qualities to bethe greatest NZ batsman we have ever seen.

Certainly can be one of the greatest & can considered for a NZ all-time test XI once he keeps improving, but it would be hard for him to eclipse what Martin Crowe did to be fair.

----------

Henry yay, Milne nay.

Henry is the better bowler, he has been dominating domestic cricket since he first came onto the scene. 135-140k, outswing, good line and length and a strong action. Looks a lot like Jason Gillespie I reckon, action wise. If he could stay healthy I'd have him in the test line up right away, backing up Southee and Boult.

Milne's very quick, probably one of the quickest if not quickest bowlers in the world. But he's still pretty 'raw' as a bowler. He's improved at the 18 year old that first played for New Zealand but he has never really dominated domestic cricket. He'd be a fair way down the pecking order I reckon.

Ben Wheeler has always been my favourite out of the Central Districts trio of Milne, Doug Bracewell and Beavan Small. He's a lot like Boult but just a tad taller. Like Milne though he just can't stay on the park.

Cool. Yes I was pretty impressed with Henry in the ODIs vs India, I think he already probably better than Wagner.

Fair enough on Milne, hopefully he keeps improving cause as a cricket fan i'd love to see him become the real deal. Bowlers with his natural pace are unique.

Haven't seen Wheeler & Small bowl - but have seen Bracewell & Bennett of course. NZ got some good pace stocks ATM no doubt. Sort of reminds of circa 99-2002 when you guys had Allot/O'Connor/Cairns/Nash/Doull/Bond/Martin/Butler emerging at the same time - only for all of them to be constantly injured unfortunately

Chewie

BCCI President
Neesham!! It'll be difficult to fit both Neesham and Anderson into the lineup. For home games we should make the pitch really pace friendly and play Anderson at 6, Neesham at 8 with Southee, Boult and Wagner :p

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Jerome Taylor bowled very economically, Roach was poor and as for Benn well...where's Narine when you need him? :rolleyes

I am glad Taylor bowled the way he did. As far as Narine's absence is concerned there is that strange concept from selectors to prefer going with a right armer and a left armer. Benn has actually been the second highest wicket taker this season but Narine is a class apart.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Please leave Fulton. You are mud.

Yeah I agree, his stats aren't exactly great either. He's only past 50 on 7 occasions in 37 innings with an average of just 26.83.

He can't catch either :p

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
I cannot understand how Roach and Taylor have become so slow.. I mean, both could consistently hit 140+ even on the most dour pitches, but it was a bit painful to see the two bowl 130-135.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Gayle's 50 .. his struggle against Southee was delightful to watch

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag