New Zealand

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
thats great news :thumbs, it'll be nice to see the match mean something even though its only a group game. Hope NZ can perform as they usually do during the chapell-hadlee series.

ferg512

International Coach
Its going to be pretty hard for them to keep focused with all thats happening back here, probably not bad its titled Chappel Hadlee game as we always seem to lift for those games..

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
It will be hard to concentrate, but on the other hand, it may just bring about the best in them. They tend to lift their game against Australia each time they play them.
Playing for the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy should boost their confidence.

Sigh ! I miss the old Kiwi team of Stephen Fleming, Chris Cairns, McMillan and Bond. Wish they were still around-NZ would have been quite a formidable unit then.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
75% of the 2000s New Zealand team was from Canterbury, while only a couple of the current team is, so with what's been going on back here, I think I'd prefer our current team.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Interesting little factoid, bolded ones are from this WC: (taken from a guy over at CW)

Most runs off an over in ODI history
36 - Gibbs (6,6,6,6,6,6)
32 - Afridi (4,4,6,6,6,6)
31 - Williamson (1) Franklin (6,6,4,6,N4,wd,2) vs Canada
30 - Taylor (4,6,wd,6,wd,2,4,6) vs Pakistan
30 - Jayasuriya (wd,4,0,6,6,6,6,1)
30 - Jayasuriya (6,6,6,6,4,2)
30 - Boucher (4,1) Kallis (2,5wd,6,6,6)
30 - Mascarenhas (0,6,6,6,6,6)
28 - Taylor (4,6,6,wd,0,4,wd,6) vs Pakistan
28 - Taylor (6,6,0,6,6,4) vs Canada

ferg512

International Coach
Wow thats pretty surprising I thought there would have been more overs with 30+ runs in the whole of ODI history.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Kiwis in the final. Happens with the team that John Wright tends to coach.
They'll meet BD in the quarters, thrash them, meet someone else in the semis, thrash them too, for a change.

Predict them to meet India in the final.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Kiwis in the final. Happens with the team that John Wright tends to coach.
They'll meet BD in the quarters, thrash them, meet someone else in the semis, thrash them too, for a change.

Predict them to meet India in the final.

To meet BD in the quarters they shall have to top Group A & I dont see that happening with Australia around.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
To meet BD in the quarters they shall have to top Group A & I dont see that happening with Australia around.

Who told Bangladesh will be fourth in Group B? If Bangladesh beat SA and India lose to WI, Bangladesh could end up as No.3. Australia will be No.1 in Group A for sure. So A2 vs B3 can be NZ vs Bangladesh.

Too early to predict QF lineup. Group B is so exciting (and even the standings in Group A is not set in stone)

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Who told Bangladesh will be fourth in Group B? If Bangladesh beat SA and India lose to WI, Bangladesh could end up as No.3. Australia will be No.1 in Group A for sure. So A2 vs B3 can be NZ vs Bangladesh.

Too early to predict QF lineup. Group B is so exciting (and even the standings in Group A is not set in stone)

it will be pretty rare for BD to beat SA, even rare for BD standards. And then India also losing to Windies. And before all that they first have to qualify which means Eng has to loose to windies. To many permutations and combinations there. However, topping Group A does have its advantages where they will get to meet either BD, WI or Eng.... Group B toppers don't have that big advantage cause they will either play SL in home conditions, NZ on the rise and the unpredictable Pakistan.....

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's not actually too difficult for NZ to top Group A. We just need to beat SL and then Pakistan to beat Australia.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, it's a very simple equation for us, if we win we'll be 1st/2nd, while if we lose we'll be 3rd/4th. (Assuming Australia beat Canada)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Check my post in the Group B thread. All permutations and combinations have been put up. If the above happens, get set for an India Australia showdown in the QFs.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Can someone give me a quick update on Vettori and Mills, as in when is it expected that they will be fully fit?

Users who are viewing this thread