Newbie Classic Mafia 2 - Endgame - Mafia (Swacker & SOS) Win!

cerande

Club Captain
Yeah,but that reprieve was such a bonus.Really got my hopes up.I did not see that fake role claim coming at all!
Even worse was the fact that I would have role claimed myself but ,being the lazy kid I am,I was late and we were on the backfoot after that.

----------

Just wished to add,well played Mafia.Congratulations.:clap

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Got killed on the first night and left Blitz and pallu on FOS of everyone.:p Was still following the game,though we lost.Anyways,enjoyed it yet again.And well done Mafia(s),congrats!:thumbs

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Well done Mafia and cheers Sedition for wrapping it up.

I think it's fair to say that another newbie game or two might make sense. Resits rather than graduation ;)

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
No worries man, ran pretty smoothly with us taking shifts :thumbs

Spectator Thread - Newbie Mafia 2 - Spectator Thread - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Mafia QT - Newbie Mafia 2 - Mafia QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Some player analysis:

Simon - Main thing that caught my eye was placing a FOS on two people, while simultaneously lynching a third person and not really much depth on the reasons for doing so. In a larger game where there might be three mafia, it's not so bad, but you should give more analysis as to why you're lynching that specific person above the other two.

Also, too quick to put your lynch on Blitzberg today, giving the 2 mafia a quick hammer opportunity for the win.

Swacker - Flew under the radar pretty well. Bad move not submitting a kill and sealing the victory earlier, but luckily didn't bite you in the ass. Only thing that stood out to me was on Day 1 when you made a sudden appearance and lynched Simon for a joke reason when others had already started trying to analyse deeper, but it went unnoticed.

Blitzberg - Fairly solid for the first day and a half. Hard to be super active on Day 1 with nothing much to go on, and having a little suspicion cast your way isn't a bad thing in terms of surviving the night.

Had your suspicions on SOS at the beginning of Day 2, but sometimes townies get your attention and you can't be blamed too much for upgrading your FOS on Pallu to a lynch when you're first in. Needed to be more active in getting a claim from him before allowing him to be hammered though, since you're effectively leading the lynch.

Too quick to put your lynch on Cerande today also.. a coordinated mafia could've quickly voted and won the game right there. And the lynch on Simon when two people have claimed cop was not good, need to be putting Cerande and SOS side by side and pick the least convincing to lynch, you know that one of them is definitely mafia.

Cerande - Pretty good start, actively trying to scumhunt and using FOS correctly.

First mistake came not necessarily by adding the second lynch to Pallu, but not unlynching when Swacker quickly jumped on with the third vote when requiring four to lynch.

At this point if there is 1 mafia still out there, he can and did take the opportunity to hammer before Pallu could claim. If the other two lynching Pallu (Swacker and Blitz) were mafia, then obviously you don't want to be on board with them either. In that situation I would unlynch Pallu, let it be known that I still strongly suspect him, but question Swacker's motives for putting him so close without a defence.

SOS - Fairly quiet but seemingly effective for the most part. Managed to get suspicion away from yourself and onto Pallu on Day 2, and the quick decision to change your vote to hammer him should have been game, set and match if you submitted a night kill. Took the initiative to claim cop first, and even though Cerande pointed out a few flaws in your argument, you still managed to avoid the gallows.

As Colin mentions in the QT, changing your vote from Cerande (who you "know" is mafia because you're cop) should be a huge red flag for experienced town players though.

Pallu - Unlucky to get lynched before being able to claim, but the rather erratic voting drew too much attention. As I mentioned in a PM, you should narrow your suspicion down to 1 or 2 people, FOS them and give your reasons and see how they react and what other players think. Save the lynch vote for when you feel certain that you've caught a mafia and don't confuse everyone by voting for 3 or 4 people. You will always be suspicious of everyone else, but you need to focus on the ones that you think are the worst.

Yashdude - Made one post that was your undoing at the very end of the day. Suspecting that you will be killed if you're correct in your suspicions pretty much means you're gonna be killed whether you're right or wrong. Always sucks to be killed early, but hopefully next game you'll be able to use what you've learned from these two games :)

Final thoughts - Be aware of the game situation, ie. number of players remaining, how many are mafia, and what roles there are.

Make your FOS something to be feared when you decide to go after someone specifically, because if they can't convince you that they are town, you're going to upgrade it to a lynch and keep pointing out their scummy behaviour until others follow you. If you're undecided, move on to the next person for now.

FOS and lynching multiple people in a short period of time doesn't really get you anywhere and creates situations where the mafia can sit back and quickly hammer a lynch without being put under any pressure.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Lol! Never expected swacker to be scum! I guess cerenade acting late, and then and only focusing on SOS' only point made me feel he was scum. I wasn't sure about Simon actually even though I posted it, but he did not react enough to convince me to believe he is town. Well played mafia, especially swacker. :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread