Online Play

Was in a 5 over game with jaraarrrow, he had the upper hand after 1.3 overs and connection lost yet again. :(

Ports

Could someone tell me if i have to open ports on my router or is there ports on the xbox you can open.

I don't know if this warrants a separate thread on its own, but I feel it does - how's the online play (for those who have played it).

Is it as smooth as playing in single player, or is it laggy and require one to account for lag when playing shots?

Also can a test match be played without disconnections? This is my important question :p

Just got the game and after a bit of mucking around with AI, decided to head online.

The game itself didn't have lag, and played fairly smooth. What I'm hardly impressed by though is a washout effect (like a black colored layer with 50% transparency) that comes on the screen everytime the game is waiting input from the other player. I don't remember it being so in AC09, and from the 2 games (both quit on) that I've played online so far, is very distracting.

Is this just me /my connection, or does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

@ thanda the black screen is distracting but will get use to it soon

my prime concern really is conn prob could not come online yesterday will try today lets have a game bro

Ok finally got the game...

Now complete n00b questions here but my online gaming experience is limited to the occasional game of Fifa or NHL.

1) How do I find my PSN
2) How do I find/add firends from on here to play them or do I just get assigned randomly to someone who wants to play
3) For voice chat - I have a blue tooth headset for my phone, Can I set is up so the voice chat comes in through the headset and the game sounds come from the normal speakers or will everything come over the headset only?

Cheers

Vic

@ thanda the black screen is distracting but will get use to it soon

my prime concern really is conn prob could not come online yesterday will try today lets have a game bro

Sure, I should be on till late tonight. If you get on in the morning IST, we can get a game.

Could someone tell me if i have to open ports on my router or is there ports on the xbox you can open.

Main things to worry about re router + xbox live are your NAT settings and your router's settings. The fact that you got a game at all would suggest that your NAT is fine so if it is a problem at your end then it has to be the router.

You're in the UK aren't you? Do you have a crappy Thomson wireless router that the isp's give away? If so it's fairly easy to set up. Let me know and I'll try to help if I can.

Now on to the online play.

After 6 months of MW2 I realise that I've been spoiled but it does look a tad ropey when you're playing. Fielders hanging around, checking Facebook maybe, instead of running after the ball, hovering ball animations, bowlers recieving the ball then shying at stumps on the wrong side, runouts given when the batsman was in and vice versa. A bit sloppy but easily bearable imo, nothing there to fret about. The biggest problem would appear to be the connection. I don't know if there are central servers or whether it uses a peer to peer server type deal a la MW2, Op FP etc. I just know that whatever method, it doesn't work very well yet. One game last night had my bowler ready but no batsmen or umpires on the field, he was still trapped in the between overs scorecard. We had to abandon the match and try again, successfully btw. I didn't really notice any lag whilst batting but I did when I was bowling. More than once my bowler's arm came up then froze, in the meantime the ball was hurtling through the grass.

As far as I'm concerned these things are more like little annoyances at worst. No doubt they'll be mended by the next iteration. Hopefully. The game's still awesome anyway.

Last edited:
wee coopre

Main things to worry about re router + xbox live are your NAT settings and your router's settings. The fact that you got a game at all would suggest that your NAT is fine so if it is a problem at your end then it has to be the router.

You're in the UK aren't you? Do you have a crappy Thomson wireless router that the isp's give away? If so it's fairly easy to set up. Let me know and I'll try to help if I can.

Now on to the online play.

After 6 months of MW2 I realise that I've been spoiled but it does look a tad ropey when you're playing. Fielders hanging around, checking Facebook maybe, instead of running after the ball, hovering ball animations, bowlers recieving the ball then shying at stumps on the wrong side, runouts given when the batsman was in and vice versa. A bit sloppy but easily bearable imo, nothing there to fret about. The biggest problem would appear to be the connection. I don't know if there are central servers or whether it uses a peer to peer server type deal a la MW2, Op FP etc. I just know that whatever method, it doesn't work very well yet. One game last night had my bowler ready but no batsmen or umpires on the field, he was still trapped in the between overs scorecard. We had to abandon the match and try again, successfully btw. I didn't really notice any lag whilst batting but I did when I was bowling. More than once my bowler's arm came up then froze, in the meantime the ball was hurtling through the grass.

As far as I'm concerned these things are more like little annoyances at worst. No doubt they'll be mended by the next iteration. Hopefully. The game's still awesome anyway.

I have a netgear wnr 2000 router,

hey guys
just got this game few days back & tried going online which i am facing issues with.
either i am not getting any available games in d lobby or on some occassions the connection is lost (it says 'connection to host lost'). it has happened sometimes 10 overs in d game & sometimes 5 overs in or even 2 overs in. i dont think its d other player quitting coz usually they hv been in a good/great position. is this a problem with the server or an issue with my modem/connection.
also how is d sportsmanship level affected in these cases?? if its a server issue then it'll suck if it afffects my sportsmanship rating :(
is there any difference in the message that comes onscreen so that we/the other player knows that its not the other player quitting on them
i've already been unjustifiably accused of quitting on another thread here :mad:
i was just browsing the forums and saw it :doh

The loft button will ruin online play. Played 3 games so far, all with mammoth scores well over 200.

Once the batsman are set, they can loft at will, even the tail enders.

I really hope this is addressed

The loft button will ruin online play. Played 3 games so far, all with mammoth scores well over 200.

Once the batsman are set, they can loft at will, even the tail enders.

I really hope this is addressed

They'll have to patch the lofted shots so that they are both (a) hard to time right and (b) have an increased risk of being out caught. Actually, (a) and (b) are linked.

Honestly, we just might have to play with HUD off to get realistic matches.

Relying on the honesty of your opponent to keep their HUD off is a bit of a bitch.

Which is why I might end up playing this game only with a select few people.

Just the slogging alone will make me not want to play a lot of people. Its not all doom and gloom though, havent actually tried an online match with NO HUD

Users who are viewing this thread