Online Play

I know trickstar have concentrated a lot on ai and lots more but they have completely neglegted the online play, it's still the same useless menus and options and I've only finished one 5 over game because of disconnections.

Surely fixing the previous games issues online wouldn't have been too hard.

Its even worse this year. Ashes Cricket 2009 had lags but we could atleast get a complete match, even though we don't have any lag problem now but we can't get a complete match. I don't know whats happening.:(

this is annoying... i have completed just one from 15-20 gms played online. always get disconnected... first i thought i was playing against quitters. but not true always. for the last 2 days wasnt able to complete a single gm :mad: hope trickstar solves this asap.

Last edited:
Grateful, there are rarely people on. Its best to find and organize a match on PC than stroll the lobby.

Not a single person is online, has this game died already.

wt* is this sportsmanship rating i have not quit a single game till now and my rating is down 1 star in fact all the games get "conn lost" how is it possible i just quit 2 games becoz game was frozen b4 even starting unable to understand this

Online Play......That is if you can play online....

I fianlly got my game over the weekend and started playing online. I have tried to play 6 games so far and they all have disconnection after 3 overs.....and its not that other people are quitting as i was playing badly (considering it was first time i was playing) and connection fails. 90% of the time it happens when i hit the first four runs. I cant beleive codies stuffed this up.....

Honestly i feel that i have been ripped off...not that its a big deal with $50.00, but the fact that i feel that i have been cheated by codies makes me angry...what am i going to do with this game. I JUST CANT PLAY IT.....I cant even be bothered going online as i know it will be disconnected. Has anyone got any word from codies about this issue.....I was supporting codies for this game but its a rip off.

Dont get me wrong....i know they have made changes to AI part of this game and people seem to love it, but i dont care about AI...only thing iwant from this game is online play. And this game does not have it. VERY DISPOINTED CODIES AND TRICKSTAR.

i wrote a mail to codemasters and this is the reply i got

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning International Cricket 2010.

We are limited in what we can do to resolve your problem, as you connect to your fellow players when playing the game - not to a dedicated server.

We can, however, make some recommendations

- Ensure that you have the fastest connection available to you and that you have a good ISP that is close to a major internet backbone. ISP rating guides are quite common on the internet and in Magazines, so refer to these for more information.
- Contact your ISP to see if your connection is suitable for gaming and if they have an alternative connection point that they can offer, which is less likely to suffer from congestion.
- If you are using a (A)DSL connection, ask your ISP for the contention ratio that they apply (this will be the maximum number of users that share your bandwidth). A typical ratio is 50:1. Anything more than that may result in problems during peak hours
- Playing at times when fewer other users will be using the internet, if possible, will also reduce congestion problems (particularly if using (A)DSL for the reason above)
- Also ensure that you have the latest firmware installed for any routers/modems etc, particularly for wireless devices.
- Make sure if you are using a router or hardware firewall that all of the ports the game uses are opened/forwarded.

You should also choose the games with the lowest ping where this is displayed.

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning International Cricket 2010.

We are limited in what we can do to resolve your problem, as you connect to your fellow players when playing the game - not to a dedicated server.

- Ensure that you have the fastest connection available to you and that you have a good ISP that is close to a major internet backbone. ISP rating guides are quite common on the internet and in Magazines, so refer to these for more information.
- Contact your ISP to see if your connection is suitable for gaming and if they have an alternative connection point that they can offer, which is less likely to suffer from congestion.
- If you are using a (A)DSL connection, ask your ISP for the contention ratio that they apply (this will be the maximum number of users that share your bandwidth). A typical ratio is 50:1. Anything more than that may result in problems during peak hours
- Playing at times when fewer other users will be using the internet, if possible, will also reduce congestion problems (particularly if using (A)DSL for the reason above)
- Also ensure that you have the latest firmware installed for any routers/modems etc, particularly for wireless devices.
- Make sure if you are using a router or hardware firewall that all of the ports the game uses are opened/forwarded.

Codemasters can shove it, there is clearly a problem with the game.

Also where is the ping displayed? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Is it just me or can no one bat beyond slogging it? I've torn through people online bowling line and length, not hammering the stumps like everyone bowls to me. Then of course they hit a boundary and the connection cuts out. I'd have suspected it was just lag causing them problems, but play is smooth and I was able to bat fine against them.

Is it just me or can no one bat beyond slogging it? I've torn through people online bowling line and length, not hammering the stumps like everyone bowls to me. Then of course they hit a boundary and the connection cuts out. I'd have suspected it was just lag causing them problems, but play is smooth and I was able to bat fine against them.

Its just the mentality of the typical online cricket player. They want to do nothing but smash 15-20 runs an over.

CaptainOz and myself played last night, we were playing proper cricket, trying to pick the gaps and respect the good deliveries. He was 30odd off 5 overs when it disconnected.

The quickest fix to online would be to set it to hard, or allow us the option too. That will eliminate anyone who wants to Yuvraj it up from the beginning.

what kind of an answer is this......Do they think us gamers are fool...

As if int cricket 2010 is the only game we play online. I have got a cable connection and my speed is always over 10mbps down and over 1mbps upward. Funny this never happens on any other game, but just to int cricket 2010. "we are limited to what we can do" yeah they are limited by their knowledge.

I again tried to play 2 games last night and when the other player hit a six, connections fails. Then this guy wrote a message to me calling me twat.

So know i have a game in my house that i cannot play at all. But ofcourse its not codies fault because they are "limited to what they can do"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread