Online Play

I agree, the fixes they suggest are insulting to Sadiq's intelligence

i wrote a mail to codemasters and this is the reply i got

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning International Cricket 2010.

We are limited in what we can do to resolve your problem, as you connect to your fellow players when playing the game - not to a dedicated server.

We can, however, make some recommendations

- Ensure that you have the fastest connection available to you and that you have a good ISP that is close to a major internet backbone. ISP rating guides are quite common on the internet and in Magazines, so refer to these for more information.
- Contact your ISP to see if your connection is suitable for gaming and if they have an alternative connection point that they can offer, which is less likely to suffer from congestion.
- If you are using a (A)DSL connection, ask your ISP for the contention ratio that they apply (this will be the maximum number of users that share your bandwidth). A typical ratio is 50:1. Anything more than that may result in problems during peak hours
- Playing at times when fewer other users will be using the internet, if possible, will also reduce congestion problems (particularly if using (A)DSL for the reason above)
- Also ensure that you have the latest firmware installed for any routers/modems etc, particularly for wireless devices.
- Make sure if you are using a router or hardware firewall that all of the ports the game uses are opened/forwarded.

You should also choose the games with the lowest ping where this is displayed.

So basically they are blaming it on our internet connections.

Codemasters have no respect.

Well the next step would be to play on a LAN till the bug shows up - then that takes our internet out of the picture, and puts all the blame on them.

You think they really beleive its our internet fault. They are very well aware its a bug in this game but they dont want to admit it. How much proof they need? Suddenly everyone's internet is ████ since int cricket 2010 came out.

All the blame is already on Codies.

You think they really beleive its our internet fault. They are very well aware its a bug in this game but they dont want to admit it. How much proof they need? Suddenly everyone's internet is ████ since int cricket 2010 came out.

All the blame is already on Codies.
Well, no. What they will put the blame on is the lag / internet problems caused due to distance, as some of us are playing Americans from Pakistan (and actually that's worked out best :laugh) - that will be their argument - Australians playing Englishmen, etc.

So it would be up to us prove that internet has zero factor in it, which would be playing on a LAN.

see if we can find 2 PC members who know each other and are willing to try. Volunteers?

see if we can find 2 PC members who know each other and are willing to try. Volunteers?

Pardon my ignorance on LAN, but how would you set it up? Is this the concept of connecting two PS3's that each run the game, and play your human opponent without the requirement of internet access? I think that's how it works :p :laugh

Something like this?

network_setup.jpg

Sort of, that is a weird picture since there are 2 routers but no modem :confused:

Basically both playstations would be plugged into a router, thus linked together in a network without any internet (no modem involved).

Pretty much. Now just find another PS3 and another copy of IC10, and we're good to go.

Insomniac added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Sort of, that is a weird picture since there are 2 routers but no modem :confused:

Basically both playstations would be plugged into a router, thus linked together in a network without any internet (no modem involved).
There's no LAN support in IC10 I think, so they will have to connect to PSN. But because Codemasters claims that the game is hosted by the user, it wouldn't matter; they should still end up playing through LAN with a latency of 0 ms.

UK people probably have to do it, I don't know anyone with a ps3, let alone IC10.

Users who are viewing this thread