Online Quitting - Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
rohityuv
Lost the toss and i chosen to bat first bowl six and before 2nd bowl he quitted lol..
What an big loser:laugh

Another loser 447

i scored 117/4 in 5 Overs
he scored 63/4 in 5 overs after last bowl he quitted i took his 4th wicket on last bowl

Last edited:
Gougie,

Mate, what was that? 200 run defeat you handed me!! Absolutely comprehensive - stunning ability you've got.

I keep getting worse at this game. Well not really, but I play some of you guys and can't seem to get the ball away off the square, especially with short cover and short mid-wicket in.

Any tips? I know I need to get my batsman "in" before going for the big shots, but how do I get em' in if I can't score a run off ground strokes with certain fields. Don't like the fact that even slightly mistimed drives go straight to short cover.

Gougie,

Mate, what was that? 200 run defeat you handed me!! Absolutely comprehensive - stunning ability you've got.

I keep getting worse at this game. Well not really, but I play some of you guys and can't seem to get the ball away off the square, especially with short cover and short mid-wicket in.

Any tips? I know I need to get my batsman "in" before going for the big shots, but how do I get em' in if I can't score a run off ground strokes with certain fields. Don't like the fact that even slightly mistimed drives go straight to short cover.

Short cover is easy to avoid, there is usually a gap (if the field is fair) between short cover and mid off, try to get singles there until your batsman gets set. Then it is easy to clip the ball through square leg as even good timed shots will stay on the ground. Also try to look for singles to thirdman and between short midwicket and square leg.

All the gaps are possible to hit, you just need to have a set batsman and good timing. The other day Sahil put every single fielder in the covers and I tried to hit only though the covers. I got to 55/5 before my ps3 froze.

It is possible though, just need more practice. Ill be on tonight 11pm CST so hope to see you then.

For me,if no lag, the guy at close midwicket is actually quite easy to loft over when you want to play square on-side... and even bad timed shots usually will clear him (as long as not super-early), and he rarely will get close to stopping an on-drive just to left of mid-on (more chance of getting caught at mid-on on an early drive)... clear him a couple times and generally they will relax that position anyway you hope.

But the guy in close-cover... he's generally a freak and will take some unbelievable catches that in real life you know they wouldn't have... I've seen him take more than his fair share of "perfect" shot catches.. both normal and lofted. I think in real life half the catches I take in that position ingame wouldn't be out.... not so much from the amount of chances that position gets, but more because of the real slow catching mini-game for that position that almost makes the chances to that area too easy for how close they are and how fast the ball would really be traveling).

Just my opinion :p

MUNA
Extreme lagger if you start match with him you will need to quit

Last edited:
My apologies to great_brian_lara.He scored around 260 in 17 overs but unfortunately i had a power failure

Gougie,

With the field has i had it, there was 2 easy single areas, which you need to start using, scoring in 1s and 2s, to the boundary fielder, throw in the odd no ball, quickly get your batsmen set, allowing you the bigger range of shots, and the 2 close in fielders are more of a mind threat, than an actual threat in the game, as enigma said these areas are quite easy to loft over, just watch out for the miss timed floor shot around them. Best advice i can give really is when your playing a better player, take note of what they do, batting, bowling, and fielding, you will get alot more out of loosing to a good player, than you would hammering someone that isn't very good.

gougie added 11 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

For me,if no lag, the guy at close midwicket is actually quite easy to loft over when you want to play square on-side... and even bad timed shots usually will clear him (as long as not super-early), and he rarely will get close to stopping an on-drive just to left of mid-on (more chance of getting caught at mid-on on an early drive)... clear him a couple times and generally they will relax that position anyway you hope.

But the guy in close-cover... he's generally a freak and will take some unbelievable catches that in real life you know they wouldn't have... I've seen him take more than his fair share of "perfect" shot catches.. both normal and lofted. I think in real life half the catches I take in that position ingame wouldn't be out.... not so much from the amount of chances that position gets, but more because of the real slow catching mini-game for that position that almost makes the chances to that area too easy for how close they are and how fast the ball would really be traveling).

Just my opinion :p

The guy at close cover is a real freak, 9 out of 10 shots go straight through him no threat at all , then like you say enigma he takes the most unbeleivable catches to perfectly timmed shots. :doh

Short cover basically eliminates a small area in the covers, lofted or X. However unless there are 2 short cover fielders, its very easy to score runs.

Thanks for the tips guys, will try and use them. Its good to see folks here willing to share what they do well.

I hope the next iteration of the game (or patch if its released) brings spinners into the equation. Would be an entirely different game if it weren't exponentially easier to hit the slower bowlers.

Thanks for the tips guys, will try and use them. Its good to see folks here willing to share what they do well.

I hope the next iteration of the game (or patch if its released) brings spinners into the equation. Would be an entirely different game if it weren't exponentially easier to hit the slower bowlers.

Yeah thats why we mainly use day 5 wickets, just gives the spinner something not much, if i remember you got me in abit of trouble in 3 out of your 4 overs of spin, you bowled them really well mate.

I play against this person in a 5 overs match.
I scored 161 in 5 overs and he was all out for 30..but he didn't quit :clap

I am ranked 12 in the world in the best Avarge..but the top 11 only played 1 match and I played 6 matchs!!!!:confused::confused:

It would help if you posted the post the persons ID and what system you are on.

Also most people who are ranked in averages and played a lot of matches are quitters. At least on ps3.

Yeah most people quit on me :mad:.
I should be ranked higher because the top 10 are losers!!.
Only played 1 match and they are in the top 10.. Come on Codies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread