Pakistan in Sri Lanka - Jul-Aug 2009

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pakistan have finally come right with the bat in a way today, made 288 of there 50 overs. I've only heard good thinks about Umar Akmal and he played really well today, he has a fantastic domestic record and he scores his runs really quickly.

Sri Lanka have gotten off to a flying start though, spin will be the key from here.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
hmmm looks like lankas are agin runing a way with the match. i am sure New Zealand is not all that happy looking at all of this

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Jayawardene is flying at the moment, Sri Lanka are going to crush this score.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Pakistan's bowling again really lacklustre. Good batting pitches are one thing, but 200 run partnerships are never simply destined to happen.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Yes,Pak tried hard today,when they got a score of 288 in 50 overs that was quite a comepetetive score,but unfortunately for them Jayawardene scored a big hundred and now the series is gone for Pak...

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Afridi got 32 off 20 balls without hitting a six? :p

Pakistan are really paying the price for not playing Imran Nazir, he could have got Pakistan off to a flier on this pitch and it would have helped Pakistan get 300+. Razzak was mediocre with the ball and so was Afridi, both bowled too many short pitched deliveries.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Did you see how he got out. I want to see all guys who were hailing "New Afridi". :laugh

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I don't know what else we can do to win a game...

Bring back Yousuf for Malik is all I can think of, but that will probably not produce anything either.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
What are Alam and Malik doing in side if they will not bowl?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Interesting to see that Dambulla does appear to flatten after a few days, that third game being the highest scoring match there by far. On those results, it would make an interesting Test wicket.

Pakistan need a gun bowling performance. Razzaq has been average, but the spinners and Umar Gul have been non-existent. Mohammad Aamer, rising star he may be, just isn't good enough to carry all that junk.

I agree in changing the batting in the sense that there's no point having Shoaib Malik if he isn't there to bowl. There are much better batsmen on the sideline. Rana has long been fancied as an attacking bowler, perhaps he is the go-to man in this lineup, but it seems harsh and possibly irrational that Umar Gul was taken out. As the tour moves to Colombo, a change of conditions might change the thinking behind that.

I guess one thing you can't get without being able to watch the matches is the fielding. I know Sri Lanka are an excellent fielding side and Pakistan can often look the opposite. Perhaps that has made the bowlers seems less capable.

Apart from that, I don't see how they can improve through change alone. They've just got to stop sucking.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Apart from that, I don't see how they can improve through change alone. They've just got to stop sucking.

That's what actually happens to an average team, when your bowlers bowl well, your batters don't deliver and vice-versa. Pakistan are making themselves look exactly like that.

khalek added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Did you see how he got out. I want to see all guys who were hailing "New Afridi". :laugh

I got the feeling Murali had seriously chucked it.

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
He played international cricket far too early, he did make his debut in Australia at just 18. I think he will go on to become a very respected batsmen.

I still don't think he should be a regular in the squad. He needs to have a season playing in the Inter-Provincial tournament. It's only 4 games, but it's the highest standard of cricket in SL and he didn't play a single game last year. If he plays well there, then he should be considered.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Someone heard about Match Fixing. Honestly ex Pakistani players think their team is unbeatable and whenever they loose they crack Match Fixing route to come in news.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, I didn't even know they were playing today. Pakistan isn't doing too badly though. Nazir made his comeback but didn't really do to much damage.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Umar Akmal playing another blinder with the bat. He's currently 66* with five overs left. Pakistan should be looking at 280+ here.

Users who are viewing this thread