Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

I blame Ponting and North. Both have had a ████ ass summer.

Hussey on the other hand has done a good job.

Michael Clarke's only been decent tbf, I'd expect far more from him also.

Michael Clarke's only been decent tbf, I'd expect far more from him also.

Well at least you could see Clarke making some runs, it's just he hasn't.

You are expecting Ponting to be almost out every ball, and North can't even get off the mark :facepalm

List of the possible replacements for North:

Format in 07/08 08/09 09/10

Rogers: 763 at 40, 1195 at 75 & 456 at 65
Klinger: N/A, 1203 at 71 & 655 at 109
Bailey: 734 at 43, 673 at 37 & 506 at 56
White: 748 at 50, 462 at 58 & 230 at 46
David Hussey: 1008 at 58, 552 at 40 & 414 at 52
Marsh: 663 at 60, N/A & 473 at 60
Khawaja: 554 at 43 (debut season) & 485 at 61

Hughes is also an option is we want to do some reshuffling. Of that lot White, Marsh and Bailey seem to be realistic contenders. White and Marsh have the ODI experience which gives them a heads up.

Bolters would be Khawaja and Steven Smith who seems to be close to the side and picking him on the back of a 48 FC batting average looks a lot better than the 78 bowling one.

North saved our ass many times in the Ashes, 2 tons and a 99 were awesome. But this summer he is showing why he was never a strong contender in years past for a no 6 spot, his record for WA is that of a good state player, nothing else. Problem is, no-one else is kicking the door down this summer, some good scores by Marsh/Klinger/Bailey but all of those 3 are very inconsistent, with Klinger the best stats wise. Khawaja looks the good to me. White just never looks like a top 6 test batsmen but I do rate him.

Agree on North, he's looked all out of sorts. He's actually looked very much like Daniel Flynn as of late in that his head is way out of position when he's playing his strokes.

Who say aussie's are great in tesst matches.. They are not taking away credit but they are just good not an excellent side

Review

Australia VS Westindies 3 Test

Ausstralia won 2-0

But..

1st match was a comprehensive..
2nd match was a gayle show...
3rd match was a Westindian show... it's just westindies are not toooo a good side..

If they would be likes of even pakistan or newzealand.. around 350 in 2 days was a damn easy score...

Now current series

Australian 1-0 so far....

it is well going to be 1-1...

Playing australia is no longer tough for other teams.. and Pakistan have showed it.

Great Going Pakistan... KIU

White should replace North imo, his FC record looks pretty good and he provides spinning option like North does, plus he has potential to vice captain the Australian side in the future, so it's better to introduce him into Tests now.

Problem is throwing a batsmen in for one Test, its hard for them to do something. Hughes at 6 could be the easier option. Also thinking about it, he wouldn't look out of place. Number 6 is usually facing the spinner and Hughes showed hes one of the better players of spin in the side and the ball won't be as hard so the shorter ball won't be the same threat. And if the new ball is taken then Hughes is more than capable of facing it.

I was so amazed seeing Hughes playing Kaneria, that cover drive and straight drive after moving to the pitch of the ball were spactacular.

If I could go into past, I would go to lahore (1992) and beat the crap out of Kamran Akmal when he would be donning the wicket keeping Gloves for the first time in a park game or something. Than I will threaten him with his life if were to commit the same mistake again. And when I return to present, Pakistan would have be doing a lot better than ATM. So someone has a time machine I can borrow :(

If I could go into past, I would go to lahore (1992) and beat the crap out of Kamran Akmal when he would be donning the wicket keeping Gloves for the first time in a park game or something. Than I will threaten him with his life if were to commit the same mistake again. And when I return to present, Pakistan would have be doing a lot better than ATM. So someone has a time machine I can borrow :(

It sounds as if those anger management sessions have not been working out for you.

Problem is throwing a batsmen in for one Test, its hard for them to do something. Hughes at 6 could be the easier option. Also thinking about it, he wouldn't look out of place. Number 6 is usually facing the spinner and Hughes showed hes one of the better players of spin in the side and the ball won't be as hard so the shorter ball won't be the same threat. And if the new ball is taken then Hughes is more than capable of facing it.

I'd be really surprised if there was a debutant for Hobart. Katich should be right, so it's really just a matter of whether Hughes/North gets the chop. Right now I'd prefer Hughes, but North has a few arguments to aid his 'let him play out the series' case: keeping North means less disruption to batting order and continuity in the team, plus he can bowl and field in the slips (well at least he tries :mad:). We'll see what the selectors value in the next few days.

I don't mind the Hughes at #6 idea though, it's good in theory as you've pointed out and traditionally all the good young guys started out at #6 eg. Ricky Ponting.

White should replace North imo, his FC record looks pretty good and he provides spinning option like North does, plus he has potential to vice captain the Australian side in the future, so it's better to introduce him into Tests now.

There's a good reason White will soon be picked and that's slip catching. I think he probably needs a few more runs, but he's not far away and his recent good form in ODIs will help his case a lot.

Well at least you could see Clarke making some runs, it's just he hasn't.

You are expecting Ponting to be almost out every ball, and North can't even get off the mark :facepalm

I'd love to see Ponting get out to a defensive shot for once. The guy is just going really hard at the ball.

And as for Clarke, it's not like he's making a heap of runs, but he seems to be batting for a while and hanging around a bit.
*looking up stats*
Clarke's been in 7 50+ partnerships this summer
North has 4
Ponting has 3
Hussey has 8
Watson has 6
Katich has 7

Thought so, he's been batting better in pairs than individually, although Clarke's still considerably better than North and Ponting individually too:
Clarke: 298 runs @ 42.57
Ponting: 216 runs @ 27.00
North: 186 runs @ 23.25

Users who are viewing this thread