4: Taylor
5: Fulton
6: McCullum
7: Vettori
8: Southee
9: Tuffey
10: O'Brien
11: Martin

Is the team I would like to see from what is in the squad, long as tail but if we want to win the extra bowler will probably be needed. However with the dodgy weather right now we might as well play the extra batsman and maybe the draw is the best option since Napier will most likely be one too.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1: McIntosser
2: Guptill
3: Flynn
4: Taylor
5: Fulton
6: McCullum
7: Vettori
8: Southee
9: Tuffey
10: O'Brien
11: Martin

Is the team I would like to see from what is in the squad, long as tail but if we want to win the extra bowler will probably be needed. However with the dodgy weather right now we might as well play the extra batsman and maybe the draw is the best option since Napier will most likely be one too.

That line-up looks so scary doesn't it, if you're a New Zealand fan anyway. We'd pretty much be playing with only two test class batsmen and a few guys that have yet to prove anything at this level.

I'd like to see that team though, because I really can't see Grant Eliott doing much with the bat. The chances of Southee playing are pretty slim imo, even though he probably should.

irottev

School Cricketer
Only thing with McIntosh is he's accustomed to opening. Flynn isn't. It's not really fair on Flynn to make him open when he's never done it and expect him to play well.

I still think we'll go with 4 bowlers. I can semi understand if the pitch is green, but if it's flat we're going to murder our bowlers again. It's not fair on them. They've had 4 days off. Not a heck of a lot tbh.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Only thing with McIntosh is he's accustomed to opening. Flynn isn't. It's not really fair on Flynn to make him open when he's never done it and expect him to play well.

I still think we'll go with 4 bowlers. I can semi understand if the pitch is green, but if it's flat we're going to murder our bowlers again. It's not fair on them. They've had 4 days off. Not a heck of a lot tbh.

That's my thinking behind playing both Southee and Tuffey. We shouldn't be selecting Elliott just because he can bat a bit (in test cricket) and bowl a bit. The batsmen have to score the runs and stand up for a change, make them win us a test.

irottev

School Cricketer
Agree. And I also think it's worth including that Vettori isn't 100% and O'Brien's finger got dislocated. I think it's much riskier going in with only 4 bowling options than it is by removing one of the batsmen. Bond took 8 wickets, he's not replaceable. We really do need 2 bowlers to fill his bowling spot.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Totally sucks about Bond's being out of the side. Some careers are just so plagued with injury :(

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
The Pakistani's should get their pathetic opening partnership sorted, best thing to do is to sack both the useless openers.. especially imran farhat, he is a complete joke of a cricketer... Cricinfo is suggesting that they get malik to open, may be they should try that!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The Pakistani's should get their pathetic opening partnership sorted, best thing to do is to sack both the useless openers.. especially imran farhat, he is a complete joke of a cricketer... Cricinfo is suggesting that they get malik to open, may be they should try that!

Yea Imran Farhat is a joke and its not a funny joke either. Its a kind of joke people may share on their grand mother's funeral or something :D
Its about time Pakistan let such pathetic and unprofessional cricketers fade away into ICL or something of that sort

irottev

School Cricketer

I hate to say this before the end of the series, because it will come back to bite me in the ass, but this top 3 from Pakistan is woeful. I've seen some pretty poor top 3's from NZ in the last few years, this one included. It's on par for sure.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I hate to say this before the end of the series, because it will come back to bite me in the ass, but this top 3 from Pakistan is woeful. I've seen some pretty poor top 3's from NZ in the last few years, this one included. It's on par for sure.

I was just thinking that. But since you've already said it, I'll have to agree. Now, hopefully they don't score big in this test. But that said, getting Shoaib Malik to open may not be a bad idea. His average seems to be pretty good when he does open. The only problem is that his form isn't stellar. I say give it a go. The only way is up from here...

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Pretty harsh on Fawad Alam tbh. He averages 57 in first-class cricket and scored 168 on test debut, he's a very promising batsmen.

P

pcfan123

Its been almost 3 years since Pakistan won a test :laugh and people say Bangladesh and Windies are bad

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I never realised Pakistan were going through such a Test drought. 3 years is ridiculous :eek:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The openers have been woeful for Pakistan, Alam made a good debut but has slipped in his next 2 games. It's a shame Khan isn't here as he gives Pakistan a good number 3 and Alam can move to opener again.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Apparently it hasn't rained in Wellington for a good few hours now, good news.

Edit: Blue skys :)

Users who are viewing this thread