Pakistan Tour To Sri Lanka May-June 2012

Alhamdulillah!!! We have won :) Lanka also didn't do 100 score so yeahh :)

Nice to see Sami coming back with some pace

Good move by including Tanvir in ODIs.The conditions are helping him and he really has improved his line as well

I met him a few days ago at a public place.I asked him Yaar aap wides bdi krte Ho? (you bowl too many wides) He replied yes i know i am working on it.You'll see me a lot better in SL series.He was right :yes

Last edited:
^This fresh of breath will soon turn into toxic fumes soon for Pakistan. I have followed Sami's career since his debut. He was unplayable in New Zealand in 2000-2001 iirc. But he is got one weakness that has haunted him ever since. He does not have a stock delivery and he is pathetic against lefties. Thats what has given him an average of 54 in tests and less than a hundred wickets in forty odd tests. He has a better ODI record though.

I don't think he should be picked for tests because he doesn't really move the ball around too much but I want to see him bowl in SA, Australian, or English pitches. His pace will definitely go up to 150+ in Australia because they inflate the speeds.

^They inflate the speed?? What?? :D

If I recall Brett Lee and Shaun Tait both cracked the 160kph barrier OVERSEAS. Lee in South Africa 2003, and Tait in England in 2010 I think it was. If Aussie guns were dodgy they would have done it in Australia long ago.

^They inflate the speed?? What?? :D

If I recall Brett Lee and Shaun Tait both cracked the 160kph barrier OVERSEAS. Lee in South Africa 2003, and Tait in England in 2010 I think it was. If Aussie guns were dodgy they would have done it in Australia long ago.

I was making that comment Looking at the recent Aus-Ind series. The fast bowlers bowled slower elsewhere. Maybe its just the pitches. :p

Speed is measured in the air so pitch has nothing to do with pace. Speeds can however increase in thinner atmosphere as far as I know.

Altitude has I think an effect of about 5% at Johannesburg, which is about 1.7 km above sea level. Beyond the highvelds of South Africa and Zimbabwe, there aren't many locations where altitude makes for large settlements. Coastal cities are obviously only about 10-20 m above the sea and even inland cities tend to be away from massive hills.

----------

For the record, I'm not sure if this can actually influence the speedgun readings. It does definitely mean that the ball takes less air resistance travelling toward the batsman and also flying through the air off the bat. Similarly though, pitches can make the ball seem like it is moving quicker, beyond what you would simply call a fast pitch. Short pitched bowling tends to look a little slower because the ball loses energy to the pitch sooner; however if the ball bounces sharply it will look like a quicker ball has been delivered. Pitches demonstrating a little extra bounce can generally make it look like the bowler is getting the ball to 'zip'; likewise balls that skid through a little are likely to see the batsman "beaten for pace" without necessarily being faster out of the hand.

I don't think he should be picked for tests because he doesn't really move the ball around too much but I want to see him bowl in SA, Australian, or English pitches. His pace will definitely go up to 150+ in Australia because they inflate the speeds.

Exactly, plus he has to keep consistent with his line and length

So Farhat wll open tomorrow :facepalm It's not good that Nasir got injured.Still I'd have Asad Shafiq as an Opener instead of Farhat

Yes u will be happy to have asad open and then when he will not score selectors will drop him why dont play him where he is suited middle order rather than open:facepalm

Sick of watching Farshit play for us again and again. He is a ---- player but even he has got better strike rate than Hafeez. Hafeez needs to add some aggression to his game and not get bogged down like he does 9 out 10 times. He has to stop playing 40 run off 80 ball innings only to get out. His pacing of innings is pretty lame.

pakistan doing excellent bowling today

Dreadful shot by Tharanga.He could provide Sl a lift by building up this partnership.He wasn't near the line of the bowl and bowl went straight into the stumps.No need of that shot at this moment.SL are 6 down and our 2 best bowlers hasn't bowled yet :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread