Story Pakistan vs England 2006 [BLIC]

sami007

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pakistan travel to England to take on England in 4 tests, 5 ODIs and a Twenty20 match.

I will be playing as Pakistan and will be using the following patches:
Sky Sports 1.1 overlay by Lucky
England ODI kit by HondeyHo
Pakistan ODI kit by Hariz
WitchKings Test kit pack
Line up Editor by Wasah (Englands)
MadMick96's brilliant AI Patch

Itll take me a few hours to set up the lineups and teams ! expect news on both squads coming up shortly!

Last edited:
The Schedule

Pakistan will be going to England trying to replicate the success of their winter series at home. They will play a Twenty 20 international for the first time but this type of game should suit the Pakistanis as their domestic circuit is very popular in that form of the game. There will be a Twenty20 warm up game vs the Netherlands at The Rosebowl. hopefully the minnows will be able to cope! But first there are 4 tests, then the T-20 then a 5 odi set.

THE SCHEDULE

1st Test - Lord's
2nd Test - Manchester
3rd Test - Leeds
4th Test - The Oval

Twenty 20 (warm-up vs NED) - Rose Bowl
Twenty 20 - Rose Bowl

1st ODI - Swansea
2nd ODI - Lord's
3rd ODI - Nottingham
4th ODI - Birmingham
5th ODI - Birmingham

We look forward to bring you the coverage on Sky Sports! stay tuned for the latest news on the squads as both are carrying injuries. There are rumors that Michael Vaughn will be fit but Andrew Flintoff will not be able to recover in time. Simon Jones is ofcourse out with the knee injury that does make him a doubt for this winter's Ashes. The tourists will be without Shoaib Akhtar...it will be interesting to see who they replace him with

Pakistan Squad

63902.1.jpg

Pakistan have not had too many surprises in their squad for the upcoming tour to England. They have named 16 players including debutant Adnan Siddiqui. He is a fast bowler who will replace the injured Shoaib Akhtar during the 4-test series. Akhtar is expected to be fit for the ODI series and only time will tell if he is match-fit enough to take part. Shoaib will be present with the squad throughout the series as he is a veteran and can proved lots of insight into English conditions since he played a few seasons there. The rest of the squad provides no surprises:

Inzamam-ul-Haq (C)
Younis Khan (VC)
Salman Butt
K Akmal (W)
Shoaib Malik
Mohammad Yousuf
Shahid Afridi
Adnan Siddiqui
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohommad Asif
Mohommad Sami
Danish Kaneria
Faisal Iqbal
Imran Farhat
Abdul Razzaq

Rana was able to recover in time from the groin injury which threatened his participation in the tour. Rana, Mohd. Asif and Mohd. Sami will lead the 3-pronged pace attack. Malik, Afridi and Danish will supply the spin. Looks to be a great series! We await the announcement of the English squad.

Gud Luck mate :cheers
Both the sides are tough...its going to be a great contest!!!

First Test First Day First Session

THE FIRST BALL

Good morning and welcome to this first nPower Test Match at Lord's where England are hosting Pakistan! I am Nasser Hussain and im the host of "The First Ball", the morning pre-match show! The two captains are in the middle and waiting for the toss. The most overwhelming story is Michael Vaughn's surprise inclusion at the number 3 spot as captain! Lets send it down to the middle then

Inzi calls heads and it comes up tails:

Michael Vaughn
: Wel'll have a bat. it looks a good track, hard and true. we'd like first crack on this pitch.
Ian Botham: Any surprises in the lineup?
MV: Besides me you mean!! erm, freddie is out still, tresco and strauss will open, ill come in at 3. weve got ian bell, KP, Collingwood and Geraint to steady the middle order and then weve got the bowlers.
IB: Right then, best of luck Mikey...Inzi are you disappointed?
Inzi: No, i think i would have bowled anyway. Asif and Rana are used to these conditions and take lots of wickets for Leics and Sussex. Hopefully they'll get swing and we can try to get in a good position. Sami was meant to be in the lineup but has a terrible case of the flu...so we gave a cap to Adnan Siddiqui, hopefully he plays well.
IB: OK best of luck to you both. So the news here is England will have a bat. Back to you Nasser!

Well then, looks to be a great contest, well see you in a few overs to tell you how the match has started. Lets take a look at the 2 lineups

Englands Batting Lineup
:
M. Trescothick
A. Strauss
M. Vaughan *
K. Pietersen
P. Collingwood
I. Bell
G. Jones +
L. Plunkett
S. Harmison
M. Hoggard
M. Panesar

Looks good...heres the line up for the Tourists:

Pakistan's Batting Lineup:
S. Butt
S. Malik
Y. Khan
M. Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq *
S. Afridi
K.Akmal +
A. Siddiqui
Rana
M. Asif
D. Kaneria

Well there you have it folks...enjoy the ads, prepare your cuppa...we'll see you after 2 overs!

Confident Start From Tresco

Nasser: England came out to some loud applause as the spectators hope to see their side overcome a strong Pakistan lineup. Trescothick and Strauss came out with a very determined look about them:

Mohammed Asif and Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan shared the new ball.

Rana gave up 10 runs after a beautiful over from Asif. Trescothick was found to be fishing outside his off stump a few times before settling in against Rana. It is still very early to tell. We will be back at the lunch break with our show, "Long Hop". If there are any wickets or any other happenings we will definitely bring you those too! Enjoy the match!

Match State
England 11/0 2.0 Overs
Trescothick 11 (9)
Strauss 0 (3)

Pakistan
Asif 1-0-1-0
Rana 1-0-10-0

England are taking up the attack to these Pakistani bowlers. Should be a great game.

:cheers,
Left_Hander

:happy 600TH POST! :happy

afridi25 said:
Mate how did u get rana and asif on blic

with the player editor or pre-made rosters but other people eg me!! sami i suggest u should use some additional patches just to make ur game look a bit better (but ur graphics are great with BLIC) like this cool little Sky Sports swipe thing for BLIC by Ste from here http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13533 this is ot necessary but i just use it for fun btw is Adnan Siddiqui a real person or is just u?

madmick96: you have breathed new life into this game with that patch..thanks for the advice, i will def look into that patch! and yes A.Siddiqui is me, my career player. i thought id mix it up a bit to make it more interesting.

:clap just wanted to thank suren, for his adobe help and langerox' adobe thread. thanks a lot guys! will update later today

Asif Gets The Breakthrough

Nasser: We're back to report a vital breakthrough for the Pakistanis. Marcus Trescothick and Andrew Strauss started to open up their shoulders, hitting 4's and a towering 6 from Strauss. Mohd. Asif and Rana did regain control however as the run rate went from 8 down to 3. Asif surprised Marcus Trescothick with a bouncer well outside the off stump which he slashed at for no apparent reason. It took a thick edge and went to Danish Kaneria who, surprisingly, did well with it diving to his right and getting the break through. Trescothick chimed in with 13 of 21 balls, looked in good nick but we wont see him any more in this innings. Next man in is captain Michael Vaughan, who will be playing in his first test match since Pakistan last winter.

Match State : Day 1 - 1st Session
England 22/1 6.5 Overs
Strauss 7 (22)
Vaughan* 0 (0)

Pakistan
Asif 3.5 - 1 - 9 - 1
Rana 3 - 1 - 13 - 0
Extras 2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread