Story Pakistan vs England 2006 [BLIC]

Adnan Gets His Maiden Wicket!

Nasser: So Ian...what were you saying about the new boy?

Ian: Erm....i dont rmr....just kidding well i guess thats what egg on your face feels like. He definitely bowled a much tigther line in that over showing much control over his line. 3 balls were bowled with medium pace outside the off stump and the 4th was much slower and cramped Kevin Pietersen's legs. Kevin tried to clip him down to 3rd man but pulled right back into his stumps. England truly are in trouble now!

Nasser: Well to be honest, it looks like Strauss is the man with the best control out there. After getting off to a slow start he really has opened up and proved very expensive for Asif. 2 big 6s over backward square leg must have really dented the bowler's confidence.
Still, Adnan got his man...and is visibly elated! Heres a look at Adnan getting set to bowl to next man, Paul Collingwood.

Match State
: 1st Test 1st Day
England 74/3 16.4 Overs
Collingwood* 0 (0)
Strauss 26 (52)

Pakistan
Adnan 1.4 - 0 - 9 - 1
Asif 8 - 1 -34 - 2

Congratulations on your first Test Wicket! :clap. Pietersen is a nice first up scalp. The wicket you got but, happens quite a bit in BLIC.

Congrats but your bowling 35 mph in that ball is that how fast you bowl or was it a slower ball

i think it was a slower ball...hopefully with that wicket, i can add to his abiliites

zMario said:
Great thread so far, and Goooooooooooo Pakistan!

thanks mate! thanks for all the support guys! im really enjoying presenting. lemme apologize though because i got photoshop just for this..and im learning as i go!

Strauss Leads Recovery

Ian Botham:Welcome to Lunch With Beefy, the lunch interval show. I am your host Ian Botham. We've definitely had a turn of events out there in the middle as England are now in a strong position, thanks to some great batting by Andrew Strauss. The man is leading from the front and scoring at will. He's being supported very well by Paul Collingwood who is taking the pressure of Strauss by defending strongly and frustrating the bowlers. Both Danish Kaneria and Adnan did have their chances but were let down by some sloppy fielding. Strauss neared his half century but chose to put his team first and smartly defended the last over from Danish. If Strauss can convert this half-century into a century, it would definitely help out Englands cause. It looks like the players are due out back in the field any time now. Lets take a look at the scorecards and match summary before we take you back to the action.

Match State: 1st Test 1st Day Lunch Interval
England 118/3 - 30 overs
Strauss 48 (97)
Collingwood* 12(45)

Pakistan
Adnan 8 - 1 - 28 - 1
Kaneria 7 - 2 - 25 - 0
Extras 18

Match is going at a steady rate but a good job by Pakistan to take Pieterson!!! Strauss is in nice touch with the bat!!!

Strauss Notches Half-century

Nasser: Andrew Strauss has called up his 7th career half century with an exquisite cover drive. I would say the shot to bring his 50 was worth 50 runs as it was immaculately timed and placed. Strauss has done well to get England in a good position after some early setbacks. Along with Paul Collingwood, they have put on 54 runs for the 4th wicket. Pakistan need a wicket soon to make sure it doesnt get more out of hand for the tourists.

Match State: 1st Test 1st Day
England 128/3 33 Overs
Strauss* 53 (107)
Collingwood 12 (41)

Pakistan
Adnan 10 - 1 - 33 - 1
Afridi 1 - 0 - 5 - 0
Extras 19

Good knock from Strauss. I think Adnan needs more overs :p.
Good work Sami. Don't let it disheart you if your story doesn't get many replies.

:cheers,
Left_Hander

Users who are viewing this thread