Story Pakistan vs England 2006 [BLIC]

thanks guys...unfortunately I've got a massive biochemistry test on friday, so probably will not be able to update til friday night (nothing lke BLC to help unwind after an exam ;)) sorry about that guys!

Last edited:
Rain Stops Play

Nasser: The news from the middle is not good! Rain has interrupted play and the umpires have decided to draw stumps here on Day 1. England were looking in a great position and were at 272/4 with 72 overs bowled. We've already lost approxiametly 18 overs today and hopefully the rain lets up so we can start on time tomorrow. So for Sky Sports, I am Nasser Hussain wishing you a good evening. I do hope you join us again tomorrow.

Match State: End of Day 1
England 272/4
Strauss 145 (235)
Bell 20 (61)

Pakistan
Kaneria* 10 - 2- 43 - 0
Afridi 12 - 3 - 28 -0
Extras 31

Last edited:
Still Raining!
plug.jpg

Nasser: Here we are at the start of Day 1 and its still raining! Well we at Sky Sports wouldnt let you down! In the Studio with us is centurion Andrew Strauss.

straussraisehands.jpg

Andrew, congrats on a super century yesterday.

Andrew Strauss: Thanks a lot Nas! It was definitely tough, im glad i got the runs under my belt and hopefully i can move on throughout the match a score a big century for my team.

Nasser: This must be a great start to the series for you...especially after the debacle of the Sri Lanka ODI series

Andrew: Yea definitely, to be able to get a century in the first innings of a series against a quality side like Pakistan has definitely helped out my confidence. As far as Sri Lanka is concerned...that series is over and were gonna not completely forget the hurt but we've chosen to focus on the positives and learn from our mistakes. I personally was very let down since I was captain and felt more responsible. Hopefully with this series, we can get our confidence up there again so we can go to Australia and retain the Ashes.

Nasser: Thanks Andrew...the news from the middle is that the entire first session is gonna be abandoned. The rain has stopped so they crew will work on getting everything ready to go so that we can have a start right after lunch. Well be back with that in a while folks!

Match State: Day 2 - Rain Delay
England 272/4
Strauss 145 (235)
Bell 20 (61)

Pakistan
Kaneria* 10 - 2- 43 - 0
Afridi 12 - 3 - 28 -0
Extras 31

Umpiring Controversy

Nasser: Well the umpire has made a right mess of this one! Andrew Strauss lost the line off a flipper from Danish Kaneria and badly mistimed his shot. The ball wrapped Strauss on his back leg and the Pakistanis gave it a rightful appeal. The Umpire gave it but when we took a look at the hawkeyes....this is what we got:

Ian: Its quite evident that the ball was going too high...right about middle and leg. It was a hard decision by the umpire to make but whats important is that Andrew Strauss is now back in the pavilion, and the Pakistans will be trying to wrap up the innings as quickly as possible so they can start making inroads into this England total.

Match State - Day 2 Session 2
England 283/5 76.5 Overs
Bell 26(79)
G. Jones* 0 (0)

Pakistan
Kaneria* 12.5 - 3 - 48 - 1
Asif 16 - 5 - 57 - 3

Last edited:
WOW, I didnt know that Brian Lara Cricket's umpires make mistakes...

You are making a really nice simple approach to a story which I really like.

New Ball Rescues Pakistan

Nasser: In stunning fashion, Pakistan have exposed Englands long and vulnerable tale immediately after accepting the new ball. Adnan Siddiqui in his test debut, found precarious swing in overcast conditions and used the new ball perfectly to bowl Ian Bell and Liam Plunkett. The score stands at 303/7 with Pakistan hoping to wrap up the England innings as soon as possible.

Match State Day 2 Session 2
England 84.5 Overs
G. Jones 7(24)
Harmison* 0 (0)

Pakistan
Adnan* 15.5 - 1 - 63 - 3
M. Asif 20 - 7 - 65 - 3

Great work mat. Really good storyline

BUt could you or someone else post the link for the gameplay patch that you are using. I cant find it and i didnt think one existed!

Does it make bowling easier? Anyway please post the link and if possible also the roster you are using with the likes of bell, pieterson, etc

its not exactly a gameplay patch ive updated the AI kind of but there is only a 6/10 chance thats its going to work but there are actually improvements (in my unreleased version)

I was really enjoying this story, the AI of the opposition seemed good and the presentation was nice. I feel inspired to have another go at "Ricky Ponting Slower Ball Cricket 2005" now.

Users who are viewing this thread