Pakistan's Tour of New Zealand - 2020/21

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I would like to see Yasir pitch the ball a bit shorter. He's bowled 2 overs in this spell so far and he's getting some drift, but he's a bit too full. You've got to make the batsman unsure about his footwork, and also let the ball move off the pitch.

Right now they're perhaps overbowling Abbas. He's had excellent figures except for wickets, but they're playing him all too easily. Then again, Taylor is looking somewhat aggressive, now might be the time to nip him out.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I'd love to see something like a Yasir and Shaheen partnership after the break. I still maintain that if you're playing a frontline spinner, you can't have him only bowling just before a break. Especially since the ball is 50-odd overs old by now. There is some shine, and Naseem in particular seems to still be getting some conventional swing, it's not going to be long before the reverse begins. And we all know that the Pakistani team practically pioneered reverse. Until then, bowl Yasir and rotate the quicks from the other end. I think that Taylor is going to continue to be aggressive, he's played too long without scoring as he usually does. There's where the chances will come. Williamson? Good luck getting him out, he's a batting beast in tremendous form at the moment. Remember too that Nicholls is coming off of a big score against the Windies. So Pakistan do have a job on their hands, it's up to them to get themselves in a good position after tea. They cannot walk in after Day 1 with NZ still at just 2 down.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This match is over. The small window we had when KW and Taylor were new to the crease is long gone. They’ll make 400 minimum, and we're without Babar.[DOUBLEPOST=1608952335][/DOUBLEPOST]Feels really bad to bowl excellently without any wickets.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I have to say, that ball to Taylor was a beauty. Won't see much better than those.
About time he nicked one.
If only Shan had held on to the one off Kane's bat[DOUBLEPOST=1608952742][/DOUBLEPOST]Need KW's wicket. Nicholls is in form, and Watling can make massive scores. Santner is an inexperienced batsman, so he'll be Bradman for Pakistan. Far from out of the woods.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
It wasn't just the ball either, it was the setup. The shorter one before and then the wicket ball being fuller and just about angling away.

The Williamson one was a tough chance, it's one of those where either it sticks or it doesn't. But for it to stick you've gotta get your hand to the ball, he didn't.

For Nicholls you have to attack his stumps first up. Some chin music now and then will mess him up a bit too.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Abbas vs left hander could be a treat to watch.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Naseem starting to reverse it a little from ball 1, despite what the commentary team says about conventional swing.

Yasir has a really good field, I like that the cover region is packed. Not that sure about mid off, maybe a few paces back, but otherwise an excellent field.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
That was the setup for the wicket damn it. The shorter stuff on occasion as I mentioned, and grassed. Living a lucky life there. Naseem Shah has bowled so well, he fully deserved that wicket if it was taken.

Another poor effort in the field. Seems like when the ball finds you, you can't quite escape it.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Can someone tell me where to watch it on my PC in India? FanCode has the rights for this but it's a mobile only application I think...

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Screw this team, honestly. How can you drop Williamson like that?

Users who are viewing this thread