Pakistan's Tour of New Zealand - 2020/21

I don't like to make big claims because I have seen some very talented players end up nowhere but please Pakistan! Please! Keep the patience with Haider Ali. I know Babar Azam is like the night in shining armour for you guys but it is that bloke who has such bundles of talent that he could be the best batsman in the world in five years. He is exactly the kind of guy every team will have 4-5 plans for and he can shred them to tatters in one session.

No need for hype, just nurture him and I will be livid if he's wasted. I know the sub continent is desperate to make comparisons but more than Rohit he reminds me a lot of a young Yuvraj Singh. He is just from another planet and you can see what we did with Yuvraj in red ball cricket. Totally wasted him.

Have you guys noticed? Mitchell Santner never gets compared to Daniel Vettori as vehemently if ever on those shores. He's just Santner and that's how it should be. I can swear sometimes it feels he's been bought out of a Vettori copy machine.

Keep Haider Ali strong and do not move him from number 3. He has all the makings of pure magic.
Just have to trust the coaching setup to understand this as well. Say what you want about Arthur, but he handled Babar Azam perfectly.

With Babar and Shadab injured, it's very likely Fawad will be in the XI for the first Test. For his sake, I hope this outing is better than the one he had in England.

Just have to trust the coaching setup to understand this as well. Say what you want about Arthur, but he handled Babar Azam perfectly.

There was nothing wrong with Arthur. I can name 5-6 cricketers that blossomed under him. Babar is hyped by your media.

The main problem is that your media and people feel a coach who has been a legendary cricketer will come and make you guys world champions. There is an unwillingness to learn.

If you ask me, the greatest coaches in the world are the more underrated cricketers.

You can take out my posts when India's coach was being picked and I had picked Moody back then. I am not one of those people who think Kumble was an automatic selection and the people picking him were his best friends. Who else would have been getting the job? Then obviously Kohli became the BCCI president and the rest is history.

For me, from across the border, it is mind numbing that people like Waqar Younis can have a job. He was a great bowler but is a proven failure in the coaching job and the biggest thing is his maturity levels. Same can be said about Younis Khan. The bloke was revealing details about his discussion with the PCB, numbers involved etc. Terrible. The fact that Misbah has picked these guys means that he's finally lost his mind as well.

Winning the toss and bowling on a green pitch is ideal, but the West Indies screwed it up. Hopefully we can do better. A little concerning to have Faheem at 7 without Shadab at 8. Yasir can bat, yes, but he’s no Shadab. I doubt spin will come into play much.

Good start. Need to get Williamson and Taylor soon.

Faheem and Naseem are releasing all the pressure.

Can’t drop Williamson. Very tough chance, but you can’t drop him.

Need to break this partnership right now. If they both bat on for an hour, expect a huge score.[DOUBLEPOST=1608944694][/DOUBLEPOST]Can’t remember the last time we had even a slight bit of luck in terms of edges.

Abbas bowled his butt off against England, and today as well, yet nothing to show for it. A million edges gone between slips and gully, or fallen short.

The seamers are doing pretty well, but I can't see them playing Yasir if they're not going to bowl him a bit more. The pitch has some turn that I've noticed in his first spell, I'm not sure why he hasn't bowled more. Especially since the quicks haven't had any real success except for that Williamson half-chance. They aren't really troubling the batsmen, the West Indies gave them more trouble but with the same lack of success.

Imam on commentary was really nice to hear, the guy sounds like he has some talent as a commentator in the future.

Shaheen has been the successful bowler, but Abbas has probably bowled tighter and better I think.

They desperately need a wicket before tea, it's getting to the point where the Kiwis are getting a bit more comfortable and starting to play some shots.

(EDIT: Seems like I'll get to see Yasir have a go after all.)

Seems bleak. No luck at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1608949733][/DOUBLEPOST]Another lucky escape for Taylor :facepalm

Pakistan has bowler the heart out! Kane and Ross are just too good.

Users who are viewing this thread