Pakistan's Tour of South Africa - Feb-March 2012/13

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aside from the dramatisation, I thought you of all people would acknowledge the obvious boy's club of AB, Faf, Rudolph and whoever else. Maybe Elgar since he's clearly nothing special either, yet has found his way into supposedly the #1 team.

I am not a fan of Rudolph or Elgar. AB and Faf almost look like twins they went to the same school as well.

----------

Yesterday the judge was reading out the Oscar Pistorius bail verdict and its like the whole country forgot about the cricket. The whole South African team could have started slappin the monkey on the field and no one would have give a shyt. AB was on 30 something when the judge started and on 98 no out when the judge finished :lol

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Cricinfo tweets:

Kyle Abbott has 6 for 27 on debut. And he's South Africa's sixth-choice Test fast bowler

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
It's incredible how South Africa can produce quality pace bowlers with such regularity, yet they struggle to produce even a half decent Test quality spinner.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Hafeez is a great player they said cant play African bowlers they never said

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's incredible how South Africa can produce quality pace bowlers with such regularity, yet they struggle to produce even a half decent Test quality spinner.

Imran Tahir didn't seem to bad, but saying that he was a Pakistani reject.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Hugh Tayfield from the 50's & early 1960s was one the games greatest off-spinners - better record the Laker, Gibbs, Prasanna etc. Then of course Aubrey Faulkner was one best spin-bowling all-rounders ever.

Also the likes of John Traicos, Denys Hobson & Allan Kourie would have been remembered as quality test spinners if SA weren't banned for 21 years.

I'd also say Pat Symcox was a better spinner than his figures suggested, while Nicky Boje was pretty useful on turning tracks at times - he won S Africa a test match in India 2000 i recall.

spooony

Club Captain

if a spinner is a liability with the bat he is a liability.

In South Africa if you shake a tree a fast bowler falls out IMO

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
if a spinner is a liability with the bat he is a liability.

In South Africa if you shake a tree a fast bowler falls out IMO

Ha yep & i like what is in tree currently - Steyn, Morkel, Philander, De Lange, Abbot, Klienveldt, Morris McClaren, Alexander.

I wouldn't be suprised also if their is another impressive fast-bowler on the domestic scene too, since i wasn't aware of Abbot before this test so much although i he played a few A-team matches.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This series is an eye opener for people who thought Misbah had transformed this team into word beaters and players like Hafeez were overrated to a large extent by most Pakistani fans. Our bowling did an outstanding job once again. I can't blame the bowlers except Umer Gul who I have never rated as test bowler anyways. It was the fielding and batting that let us down again. It was no surprise to see this side struggle against the mighty pace battry of South Africans. These batsmen could not deal with likes of Kulasekra in Sri Lanka so watching their legs shaking when Steyn was steaming in, was no surprise for me. I hope selector now realize that Hafeez , Gul and Misbah have had it test cricket and should be dropped immediately. We need to find a solid opener and Imran Farhat is not the answer here. He has failed for last ten years and there is no way he can transform himself into a proper opener in remaining 3 years of his career. As for the ODIs, I expect another whitewash or at least a 4-1 drubbing. Nothing can be said of T 20s as they are too unpredictable.

Users who are viewing this thread