Pakistan's Tour of South Africa - Feb-March 2012/13

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Proteas 5-day test

vs Pak: cricket,cricket,cricket,cricket,golf.

Against NZ: cricket,cricket,cricket,golf,golf

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Following the test series there has been a lot of disappointment from Pakistani fans but I think there is a lot to look forward to. The bowling was well above average for a group that is as inexperienced as Junaid, Ali and Adil. Ajmal had his moments and Gul seemed ok in patches. If it wasn't for some terrible batting, Pakistan should have "only" lost 2-1 in this series.

There are some bright spots in Pakistan's batting, with Shafiq showing some grit and determination, even registering a century. There were some moments of class from Ali and Jamshed has some technical deficiencies and he needs to be given a longer run.

Misbah has been a decent captain the last couple years but his batting has been horrendous and at 38 there really isn't any room for improvement. I think he needs to retire now or be removed. Hafeez is the natural successor as captain but his own form is suffering. And what ever happened to Fawad Alam? He was a very good middle order batsman.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Fawad Alam has scored over 1000 runs this season.I think we used to pick him in wrong format.He can be a handy test cricketer.But i am sure even he would have struggled against the likes of Steyn and Philander in Tests.

Afridi's birthday and first t20.I wish he doesnt score a duck to ruin it for him

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It will be interesting to see how Hafeez plays after his technique has been severely tested by Steyn and co. He will be targeted even more since he is the captain.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Yeah but good thing for Pakistan is that there wont be any Steyn,Philander or Morkel there.Nevertheless,SA's bench stength is very strong so we'll be tested to some extent

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Oh my Goodness.A great innings ended in such a way :facepalm Nevertheless Professor did a great job.It was a stunning innings from him and great to see him back in form

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
South Africa were cruising after 4 overs...and in the space of 12 balls have managed to throw the match away.
I get tired of watching this happen in T20 matches, so often the match is all over after 5 overs of the reply, when will the team batting second realise that to chase down a big total you need to pace your innings and have a plan, you can't just go out swinging at everything.
The team batting first made 195 without batting like idiots, so why should the team batting second have to?
This is supposed to be constructive criticism to get teams who bat 2nd to actually think about what they are doing.
I know in this case it has more to do with South Africa's substandard team of only 2 international class batsmen, but you get my point.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Yeah even in the start they were throwing bat blindly at everything.There was no need of going at 12 an over at any cost.I liked the way Pakistan built their innings.They just kept on picking 1s and 2s after getting boundary early in the over.
We are closing in of winning it and great way to start LOIs

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is what Pakistani cricket is. They are aggressive players and hence fail when forced to defend (tests) Sad that Hafeez didn't make a century. Would have deserved it.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
So in Australia we call it 'informed player management' when the bigger name guys are out resting and fans get really angry that the best XI isn't playing. What do they call it in South Africa?? And what's the reaction?

5/6 from Umar Gul...wow cop that :p

War

Chairman of Selectors
Its funny how teams like Pakistan and West Indies are so naturally good at T20 cricket, while teams like South Africa sort of shoot themselves in the foot in this format with its poor performances in this format.

South Africa have a lot of very T20 players & i reckon on paper if they pick their best team, instead of quota coloured players like Ontong, Phangiso & Tsotsobe.

Davids
Du Plessis
De Kock
De Villiers
Duminy
Miller
A Morkel
Morris
Peterson
Steyn
M Morkel

Back-ups: Behradin/Ingram, Wiese, McClaren or Klienvelt, Van Der Merwe

Just like S Africa's test squad, such a T20 team should be dominant force in this format as well.

Users who are viewing this thread