Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
..."I plugged in my Wii and put on Ashes Cricket 2009 - got this field setting"

I could be wrong, but if memory serves then I *think* those field settings were lifted directly from Lara 05, so you'd probably find this field there too.

I can do you one better for unusual fielding positions in a cricket game - I got a game capture device in the post today, but I'm still waiting on the cable for my Xbox to hook the DBC goodness up to it, so I plugged in my Wii and put on Ashes Cricket 2009 - got this field setting:
wlJluWS.jpg

just love the way the bowler has his hands on his hips as if he's thinking "and just WTF are you doing there?"

i have a few times had a couple of fielders stood next to each other, or behind each other (mid-off/long-off etc.)

what game capture you went for? i gotta record a new video soon!

I've just received my Roxio HD Pro bought off eBay for ?40. It's very easy to set up.
The editing software that comes with it is good too.:)

just love the way the bowler has his hands on his hips as if he's thinking "and just WTF are you doing there?"
Hands on hips guy is the fielder, though it'd probably be more amusing the other way around.

or behind each other (mid-off/long-off etc.)
I've had that happen a few times, but not the two fielders standing next to each other. Then again, I don't really bat long enough to find out.

The thing that happens to me a lot while batting is getting three fielders basically in a line - with a silly mid on, square leg and deep square leg, usually combined with a mid wicket.

what game capture you went for? i gotta record a new video soon!
Found a Roxio Game Capture for $25 - only does SD quality recording, but I'll be getting the game on PC when it comes out and be playing on there primarily - though I'll want to finish off my career - so I didn't want to spend the money on getting one that does HD, but was cringing at having to put up so many videos of filming my TV.

--

To make a minor request for the patch - I'd really like to be able to survey the field quickly as a bowler with the same thing the batsman gets - perhaps move 'accept new ball' to R3? I take the AI fields as a challenge and try to bowl to them, rather than spending time adjusting them, so would rather not have to look at that field edit screen to see them.

Did you run them out or was it during a sim session?

I haven't had a glitchy run out in a long time since

A) I changed the running camera to fielding 1 (not available in career)
B) cancel runs less often, and earlier and with RT held down.

If its glitchy and it's sim then that won't help obviously but otherwise you need to adapt.

It was an AI vs AI match running whilst I got some work done. I thought I'd see how they fared before picking my pre-patch career back up. From what you say, sounds like human players, at least, fare better now. If only Asimov was still alive..

Cheers!

Please for god sake provide a patch fix for the below two issue:

1) Running between the wickets : why the hell batsmen doesnt keep their bat on the crease while running. Also, coming back for a cancel run will mostly result in run-out as it takes too much time and throw comes way too quick.

2) Deep Field Catching : What was funny is I got out today by a catch in deep (somewhere between square leg and fine leg) by a fielder in deep midwicket. You need to look how fast they run in outfield. This is so unbelievable. Please make it more realistic. Also make sure catches are believable as fielders mostly take the catch which cant be real cricket fielders in field.

Apart from these two issues, its pretty nice playing this game. but getting run-out or caught by fielder is just too much and frustates a lot

Actually just remembered...one thing that MUST be fixed is the silly mid on/mid off fielders being brick walls ie. you hit a drive DIRECTLY into them...the ball will just bounce off, and they'll run over to catch it or field it - no pain, no broken bones.

Dunno bout you lot but if I took a hook/drive in the stomach, I wouldn't give a $hit about the ball as I'd be on the ground rolling around in a heap crying to momma!!

Last edited:
Actually just remembered...one thing that MUST be fixed is the silly mid on/mid off fielders being brick walls ie. you hit a drive DIRECTLY into them...the ball will just bounce off, and they'll run over to catch it or field it - no pain, no broken bones.

Dunno bout you lot but if I took a hook/drive in the stomach, I wouldn't give a $hit about the ball as I'd be on the ground rolling around in a help crying to momma!!

Not sure if this is do-able without breaking the physics engine but I'd like to see the in close fielders less solid in general.

I don't know whether it is because they stay too big (ie don't try to duck and cover enough) but the incidences of getting a well timed shot past them vs hitting them are afr too low. In reality hitting a close in fielder tends to be an exeption (as a % of shots in their direction) but not so in the game...

Has anyone come across a field setting where two fielders were posted at the same fielding position?

I've had two square legs before, only lasted one ball before it changed.

Since I downloaded the patch, I've noticed that while batting in Shield games is about the same difficulty, for some reason I'm finding One Day batting a lot harder.

Also the DRS system doesn't work, whenever I review it always goes against me. For example theres no option to say what you're appealing for (I'll appeal for a catch but it reviews the LBW instead), when I do review an LBW despite the batsmen being hit in front of middle and off it tells me the ball is going down leg, when it clearly isn't. And then when batting I'll be given out caught behind or LBW when I either haven't touched it or I'm outside the line, etc.

Biggest issue though is fielders not getting the ball, gets annoying when it looks like they'll go to pick it up then just let it go and start running along behind or beside it. Not good in tight games!

is there any date and changelog for patch 2???

There is a issue with D/L in career after rain 293 was revised to 262 in 42 overs I got out when team score was 103 after that I simulated and got 268 in 40.4 overs still it says England won by 25 runs....And England plays with white uniform for odi in career.

The game freezes from time to time (this is after installing patch 1), and it gets really annoying because I have to restart the ps3 every time....and it keeps happening time and again....is there any way to fix this in the upcoming patch?...if so, it'd be great :)

The bowler fatigue/speed issue needs fixed. I literally rested a 90mph fast bowler for 15 overs in an ODI (Dennis Lillee, to be precise) and I couldn't get him above 75 on his second spell. That was after an initial three overs; so its not like I bowled him into the ground...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread