Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Hey im also playing DBC on xbox 360 and i really enjoy it i also have 4 wishes.
1. Add an option for reverse swing bowling
2. Career mode batting order customisation
3. More teams in career team lists
4. Maby like a world cup in career mode

Heck it's an old wishlist, but here's some of mine.

1. A fielding radar option. Calm down everyone, those who don't like it, should not use it. Leave it turned off and please, please don't mind if others enjoy the ease and speed of one.

2. L3 and R3 to stop being the leave buttons!!! I knew it'd happen, it cost someone I know a World Cup pool game. 2 wickets to go, 14 needed off 8 balls and then "ohh, a leave! How b***dy nice!". They were the lower ranked player of my mates and it would have been his first win against a smarmy opponent! (Finished up all out 2 runs short). :clap

3. An option to keep fields the same for all bowlers and batsmen, unless you change it.

4. Custom fields to be saved in the attacking and alphabetical order they were created in, for example, my created fields should display something like this: Restriction 1, Restriction 2, Restriction 3, Balanced 1, Balanced 2, Balanced 3, Defensive 1, Defensive 2, Defensive 3.

Instead of jumbled like: Defensive 3, Restriction 2, Restriction 3, Balanced 3, Defensive 2, Restriction 1, Balanced 2, Defensive 1, Balanced 1. :facepalm

5. Pitches to play as distinctively and well as they did in Brian Lara Cricket '99.

6. Spin bowling to involve more actual spin of the deck and less drift through the air.

7. A somewhat simpler control method for spin bowling, for those stuggling with it (half to one rotation, slower declination of spin when not rotating the stick).

8. More stadia (especially if licensed). I'd pay for that one if it came as a pack. Some new Stadia for NZ $14.95 or the like? Yep, I'll buy that.

9. Stats for maidens, 4's and 6's.

10. People to not have to replicate all the games information over to other PSN profiles for multi-player games.

11. Bowlers to stop changing sides.

12. Perhaps an option to hide/eliminate some of the preset fields the game has. So, so many. So few that are handy for human or CPU.

Last edited:
^^^
The following additions would make the wishlist complete...

1. Addition of square drive shot

2. Enhanced and improved AI

3. Better out of the box fields

4. Improved edging mechanism including more realistic plays & misses

5. Improved online experience with reduction in online mode bugs (black screen, bowleds not given, no sound, 4s being given as 6s etc.)

^^^
The following additions would make the wishlist complete...

1. Addition of square drive shot

2. Enhanced and improved AI

3. Better out of the box fields

4. Improved edging mechanism including more realistic plays & misses

5. Improved online experience with reduction in online mode bugs (black screen, bowleds not given, no sound, 4s being given as 6s etc.)

Just make those my wishlist 13-17 (although that merged list isn't in order of priority) and that'd be me done! Until the next DBC for sure.

Can't say I've noticed a problem with the leggies but left hand orthodox and chinaman styles are messed up for sure. Drift isn't a problem imo as it can be sorted via lowering the drift attribute (highly recommended) but turn could definitely do with being increased as too the deviation for cutters.

drift needs to be toned down via gameplay and not through attributes, because online curveball 14 tournament. turn i find is needs a bit ore but in general is good but needs to be more condition dependent, doesnt help that sometimes the ball stays new after save exiting etc.

2015-03-23_00016.jpg 2015-03-14_00022.jpg 2015-03-08_00001.jpg 2015-03-08_00004.jpg

it does make things interesting but unrealistic, im yet to see sharp turning deliveries. that come without exaggerated flight drift.

Last edited:
their should be option to edit career kits,add more team to career list,able to select the playing 11,after career started,otherwise it should be boring ,playing with same kits ,same team mates all the career,hope patch 3 will bring that option to:)

drift needs to be toned down via gameplay and not through attributes, because online curveball 14 tournament. turn i find is needs a bit ore but in general is good but needs to be more condition dependent, doesnt help that sometimes the ball stays new after save exiting etc.

View attachment 141676 View attachment 141677 View attachment 141678 View attachment 141679

it does make things interesting but unrealistic, im yet to see sharp turning deliveries. that come without exaggerated flight drift.

Lol the drift beats fast and the furious car's drift;)...

Similarly for fast bowling cutters produce unrealistic edges, eg:I dont get outside edges for outcutter but I do for incutter...
Mistimed shots off an outswinger delivery cannot or should not go towards deep mid on unless placed to that region, but mistiming an inswing can...More realistic as to where ball can head to in the range of timing should be tweaked...

Catches taken by AI is like if its destined to be taken a fielder might come at lightning speed to that place, if not meant to be then he doesn't take even when its under his throat...The running speed should determine the catch to be taken or not, so the front diving animation which the keeper does would be fine for a ball which would be short of the fielder in real life would make it realistic...

Guys as most of you may know that Ross is presently touring India till 28th March. As I am arranging part of his Tour I had an opportunity to catch up with him on a dinner few days back. Patch-3 is definitely ON and it will get released on Steam first before consoles (as posted by Ross himself)....PC guys will get many small patches in next 03 months and whichever patch may affect the game adversely will be rolled back and necessary changes will be made for the same. As for whatever will be included in Patch-3, though we have some discussion, I think it will be better for me to keep it for Official Change log....So guys now there should not be any confusion about the commitment of @BigAntStudios as The Patch-3 is due in next few months...

Hmm, seems like lot of demands and change(& improvements) requests has pushed this a little more back. Can understand the situation for BigAnt, they want to get patch 3 out with as much less bugs and as much more improvements as possible.

PC guys will get many small patches in next 03 months
kushari, will you be able to tell if these small patches will be before patch 3 or after? or does that announcement has to be official as well. I can understand if you can't announce that.

I'm kind of disappointed that they did not patch previous gen to the current PC settings...The gameplay is more fun as the line is usually out side off and makes it whole lot difference....And look at the gap from the Patch#2 till now....I know that it costs but making it wait for so long for the ones who got it first on consoles is kind of disappointing...Now as Kushari said it will take "months" to get it out on PC and after all the combinations right, then submissions to consoles and that getting passed..It feels like this will take a lifetime for PS3 and Xbox 360...[DOUBLEPOST=1427211149][/DOUBLEPOST]
kushari, will you be able to tell if these small patches will be before patch 3 or after? or does that announcement has to be official as well. I can understand if you can't announce that.

IMO, first they will release offline co-op and then online co-op and then gameplay stuff, as you wouldn't want to mess it up with co-op and gameplay stuff at the same time...

The whole point is that small patches are added on PC first, tweaked and tested and then combined into the 'patch 3' for consoles.

Same happened with 'Patch 2.5' - they did a lot of updates on PC and then released the result as a bigger update on console.

It was relatively quick (less than a month) between the release of the PC version equal to Patch 2.5 and it being on console. The variable thing is how long it takes so that people are happy with the state of the game on PC before making the time consuming and costly jump to console.

Users who are viewing this thread