Patch General discussion

Question regarding the patch:

When it arrives, do we need to restart our career, or will the CA bug fix our already existing career for our respective team if we download the players again?

When it arrives, do we need to restart our career, or will the CA bug fix our already existing career for our respective team if we download the players again?

I've got the same question. This is why I'm hesitant to start a career yet.

They have the patch ready, but no timelines can be guaranteed due to submission and approval constraints.

They have the patch ready, but no timelines can be guaranteed due to submission and approval constraints.

Thanks, I know this already. Question is not related to when the patch is coming, it is related to the career mode bug fix

Is the problem with Players who dont bowl in real life, i.e Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Hamish Rutherford, Peter Fulton gonna be fixed in an upcoming Patch? as I seen them bowling in an ODI I was looking at in my Career.

Only ross can answer this, he was going to check if we could over ride our on disc players, or we may have to start again if we want to play with the downlaoded players

in saying that though

u can choose to continue to play the career you have now even after the patch, id assume it will fix the in game stuff, just not fix the player bugs...

im not sure tho, only rosco can answer for sure

just to give my input. i am in my 2nd year of career and run outs have reduced tremendously. if big ant can implement the field radar with on off switch then good, otherwise most of you guys will get used to the game pretty easily.

radar's absent is less of an issue in my opinion.

I would like to see the feature of just saving your game when playing from the menu, along with the option of Save & Quit.

This would help a lot, because I often have to get up, and my daughter can do stuff as she is small. This option will make sure, we don't loose our progress. I don't want to quit the game every time I have to get up.

Is the problem with Players who dont bowl in real life, i.e Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Hamish Rutherford, Peter Fulton gonna be fixed in an upcoming Patch? as I seen them bowling in an ODI I was looking at in my Career.

Yes, i believe this is no.1 priority

The first patch will address many of the run out issues and other bugs. We are working out how to address the level of difficulty for the broader audience without killing what we have for the hard-core, any such change in difficulty will have to wait until the dust settles on this patch and will make it into patch#2 and the PC version.

Update on the patch ^^

Mattw is scheduled to visit Bigant Studios there he will play a patched version of the game and we will have him impressions soon enough here on PC. I hope the patch will be here within a fortnight or so.

As mentioned above, I had the chance to play the patched version of the game at Big Ant Studios today.

To replicate things as much as possible with my normal gameplay, I did Get Best, and then started a career as myself with the same settings as previously.

I was able to finish just the one match in the time I had -

9eelt9G.jpg

Detailed scorecards: http://i.imgur.com/cltdRx4.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FlFgZzd.jpg http://i.imgur.com/scPRLjR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fiRdLKu.jpg

Standings:
A8hRNi3.jpg

So my initial conclusion would be that the solution Big Ant have implemented seems to work and delivers realistic results.

Massive difference on the released version as to the amount of times the stumps are thrown down. The batsman also seem to slide the bat in much better, so it will have to be much closer even when they do hit the stumps.

They haven't gone too far the other way, there were still a few direct hits, but like 1 in 10 half chances hitting, not 1 in 10 missing. Didn't get any wickets that way while I was bowling and was able to complete some comfortable singles while batting. Much improved.

For the field view, it's really nice where you see the label for someone in the outfield coming up over anything that might block your view. The timeout could still be a bit longer, but the position labels help make it easier to see players that might be obscured or blend with the crowd.

Finally, while I was beating Mikey at his own game - I reviewed an LBW that ended up being Umpires Call, and it did indeed stay with the umpire's call, they'd mentioned that they found the issue with that so it should be fixed.

I was told the timeframe was hopefully next week for the patch to be released, though Easter might be a hurdle in terms of making sure all the relevant approvals can be achieved in time.

Thanks for update Matt - if patch could be released by Good Friday that would be great

Thanks to BA also for getting this 1st patch done so quickly :thumbs

People were complaining that the team member's stats are not updating. Has that been fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread