PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Hey i love the new update, but a couple of times my game has crashed at the main menu since the update 1.14.
Steam id jesususedak47

Mode: n/a
Match Type:n/a
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):n/a
Ground:n/a
Teams:n/a
Get Best:n/a
Description of Issue: The application won't start. keeps crashing repeatedly when trying to start from steam. so the steam popup sayign the game is starting shows repeatedly but nothing else happens. Started only after update yesterday.

Steam Id: ravikannanc

Anti-virus: Avira, windows firewall is on

I have a windows 8.1 machine with a nvidia 870M graphic processor.

Last edited:
Description of Issue: The application won't start. keeps crashing repeatedly when trying to start from steam. so the steam popup sayign the game is starting shows repeatedly but nothing else happens. Started only after update yesterday.

DRM...... Kicks ass......

@HBK618 will be in touch.

Just updated to 1.14 and the game quit half way through the second innings of the 1st test. Career mode, 16 year old, AUS domestic. Annoying since I'd taken five wickets and scored 80. No error message, nothing, just quit to desktop. Don't think anything particularly notable was happening at the time. I was bowling spin, but can't remember if I was running up or exactly which point in the delivery I was at (sorry).

This is the first crash I've ever had on it (!) - apart from the first day, it's been rock solid stable, so bit of a surprise. Verified Steam cache and all fine.

Edit:Sorry, hard to add too much since it was so unexpected:

Zero mods - absolutely standard.

Mode: Career mode
Get Best:No (I think)
Match Type:4 day test, AUS domestic shield
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): Not certain - probably day 3, mid day, mid over.
Ground: Melbourne
Teams:Redbacks vs Bushrangers, Round 4

Last edited:
We'd need a lot more to go on to try and work it out. Get best, format, Mod's, etc etc

Added as much as I can - realise it's not much to go on, but unusual for it to crash after (say) half an hour when I'm experience level 13 and it's never done it until now. And haven't updated drivers or anything either! :)

This happened to me too, literally 5 minutes ago. 16 year old in career mode. Match type was 4 day playing for Essex.

The first innings had just ended where we had been bowling (already batted out our first innings). Like wildclaws said, no error message: just quit to desktop. When I launched the game again, it said that the game had shut down incorrectly last time, on the main menu.

I have no idea what get best is - I bought this game on steam 2 days ago and it is fantastic so congratulations, but I hope this is not a regular occurrence.

@Somethang There's a format for the bugs above, it just helps us define where the problem might be. "Get Best" indicates whether you've used the Get Best option to download teams from the Academy.

Added as much as I can - realise it's not much to go on, but unusual for it to crash after (say) half an hour when I'm experience level 13 and it's never done it until now. And haven't updated drivers or anything either! :)

Your post got in just before mine - I was referring to @ravikannanc

@ravikannanc - someone will PM you within an hour or so to try to work through it.[DOUBLEPOST=1411079701][/DOUBLEPOST]These incidents are nothing to do with the DRM - that does not happen within a game.

It must be a newly introduced crash bug, if the above reports are all the same issue and we find it then we will issue a patch straight away.

Mode: Career mode
Get Best:Yes
Match Type:4 day first class, England
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): After the first innings for both teams had finished (during simulation)
Ground: Lancashire stadium
Teams: Essex vs Kent

@BigAntStudios

Just had an issue re-occur after the 1.14 patch.

Mode: Career
Match Type: County T20 Cup
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): The AI side had bowled its complete overs. The issue occurred after I bowled my first over (which also happened to be the very first over of the AI's innings).
Ground: Not sure; Sorry didn't look this up.
Teams: Sussex (has my career player in it) vs Kent? (the ones with the purple with black side stripes as the T20 jersey)
Get Best: Yes
Mods Installed : Yes, one set of bat packs by Ashwin, taken from the downloads area

Description of Issue: The game crashed to the desktop without any error or warnings. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I thought it is an issue at my end. Also, just an observation - The crash might have messed up the scaling of players. After the crash I started the game up again (without loading any external mods, as prompted) and the county players were playing like their international counterparts, middling all sorts of balls and hitting me out of the park from the get go. This might just be me though - I will test out the second part further and let you know. But it would be nice if you could look into the CTD issue :) It seems like there are a few other folks who are having this problem.

It appears some people are having crashes in career mode after installing the latest fix. Has anyone also experienced black screen issue when starting the game?

@HBK619 @fiction Yes, I too had my games crashed to desktop 03/04 times yesterday. I have not reported it in official format yet as I though it is just an one off issue. I will play again today and let you guys knows if it has crashed again to desktop in the official prescribed format (Hope I dont have to do that)..

Users who are viewing this thread