PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Problem: Can't afford US$50 in Pakistan
How did you get a computer then?

Worth perhaps noting on a serious note that the regional pricing table Ross posted earlier has Russia and Ukraine among those which get the game for about US$25. Not sure if it's a Steam limitation of not having India/Pakistan regional pricing or a decision not to.

Problem: Can't afford US$50 in Pakistan
Don't want to get a pirated version
No official DVD release in Pakistan
Please give me a discount code for steam :(

I understand the concern. Try and save up for it, you need not have the game today. Save for 4-5 months and then enjoy the legitimate copy. If you are an adult and your county allows you to work, take up a part time assignment for a month which i am sure will pay you 50$ for the month.

I think people need to empathize with people raising concerns rather than criticizing them. Solutions can be found and advice given which could lead to a better cricket gaming fraternity.

The way I was brought up if I couldn't afford something I didn't get it , simple. But people now seem to have some false sense of entitlement whereby it's become more I can't afford a thing so make the thing cheaper, with no regard for the people who have made the thing.

My father bought me a PC. He definitely wont be spend US$ (which is around Rs. 5000) for a game..

There are fair priced book for the subcontinent. I genuinely feel it would be great if we (the people from Pak, Ind, SL) could get DBC for say half the price just to discourage Piracy.. :)

My father bought me a PC. He definitely wont be spend US$ (which is around Rs. 5000) for a game..

There are fair priced book for the subcontinent. I genuinely feel it would be great if we (the people from Pak, Ind, SL) could get DBC for say half the price just to discourage Piracy.. :)

So they have to take a further hit due to piracy by selling the game at a loss?

Hmm.

You need to acknowledge the economy. Kids in the US get 4,5 bucks an hour atleast for chores. Here in Pakistan the average monthly income is around US$100-US$150. It is very easy to sit in England, earn in Pounds/Euros and spend in Dollars. However in my part of the world you have to earn in Rupees and for every Rs.100 you get only US$1. Yes our economy is weak. We are not proud of that. But that's how it is. It forces people to go the piracy way which is stealing and plain wrong. It is very easy to sit on a high ground and tell others that they don't deserve it because they can't afford it. One can only understand the problems of the 3rd world if they have to live it... :)

It is very easy to sit on a high ground and tell others that they don't deserve it because they can't afford it.

Except nobody is saying that.

If you can't afford it, save up until you do. Simple.

You need to acknowledge the economy. Kids in the US get 4,5 bucks an hour atleast for chores. Here in Pakistan the average monthly income is around US$100-US$150. It is very easy to sit in England, earn in Pounds/Euros and spend in Dollars. However in my part of the world you have to earn in Rupees and for every Rs.100 you get only US$1. Yes our economy is weak. We are not proud of that. But that's how it is. It forces people to go the piracy way which is stealing and plain wrong. It is very easy to sit on a high ground and tell others that they don't deserve it because they can't afford it. One can only understand the problems of the 3rd world if they have to live it... :)

I'm not going to get into a war here but I'd remind you that I pay wages to build the game in those expensive dollars you talk of. You make NO sense. No one is FORCING you to do anything.

You have to acknowledge mathematics. If I sell a product at a loss, I lose MORE money every copy I sell. PLUS people can export cheap copies from there and I lose MORE money because people in countries that *would* have paid a fair price for it can now buy it at somewhere near my break-even.

I'd be a whole lot better off just not selling it there at all.

I understand. I am also not arguing. My first post was in jest and I am actually waiting for my salary to come through (hopefully today or tomorrow) so I can buy the game. It is just that I wanted to highlight a problem which a large majority of people from Sub continent may face and sub-continent is a very large market for Cricket games... :)
One example I would like to quote is of Microsoft. I bought an original OS for US$13 only. It was an IP based promotion for Pakistan. I am not asking anyone to start giving the game as free (the pirates have done that already). I just highlighted an issue

sub-continent is a very large market for Cricket games... :)
One example I would like to quote is of Microsoft. I bought an original OS for US$13 only. It was an IP based promotion for Pakistan. I am not asking anyone to start giving the game as free (the pirates have done that already). I just highlighted an issue

But... the larger the market, the more money I am losing if I sell at a loss.

The example you use is an example of a "loss-leader": you sell something at a loss in order to build user-base and customer loyalty. Microsoft have a huge range of different products to sell, so they let you have one cheap and that gets paid for through you buying others.

I understand. I am also not arguing. My first post was in jest and I am actually waiting for my salary to come through (hopefully today or tomorrow) so I can buy the game. It is just that I wanted to highlight a problem which a large majority of people from Sub continent may face and sub-continent is a very large market for Cricket games... :)

You ll be happy to share your steam id then? I dont get this thirld world rubbish ....Third world issues do not centre around not affording computer games; they have to do with food, clean water, sanitation. To suggest Anything of the kind is an affront to the dignity of those who actually deal with those things on a day to day issue; you should be doubly ashamed!!! Disgraceful....

You ll be happy to share your steam id then? I dont get this thirld world rubbish ....Third world issues do not centre around not affording computer games; they have to do with food, clean water, sanitation. To suggest Anything of the kind is an affront to the dignity of those who actually deal with those things on a day to day issue; you should be doubly ashamed!!! Disgraceful....

it would make an interesting twitter feed...

"hospital had a powercut during my caesarean and my child died #thirdworldproblems "
"really thirsty but Umar's cow just did a shit in the well #thirdworldproblems "
"exit hang on my pirated PC cricket game #thirdworldproblems "

Absolutely! :facepalm

Ali and other people, don't post here and look for advice/solutions.

Constructive discussions can lead to solutions is a myth is today's world. To deal with things, you need to first understand where these guys are coming from which i am sure the site admins understand from the last 2 pages

Users who are viewing this thread