FOOTBALL PES 2010-- Discussion Thread

Some good news about the 'game over' thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesfan
Eurogamer: What has changed in the champions league?

Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka: The Master League has visually changed. But this is not the most important. The most important changes stuck in the end. Some in the financial system: If you won a game's predecessors, you got a certain amount of points that were needed to guide the club. This time it's even income from sponsors. If your team goes on a tour that takes you to one more example, just like in real football.

In addition, it was then game over, if you had arrived in the red. This time, we thought, in reality this is not always the case. Even if one falls into the red, you can buy, for example, one player who is so popular, for example, that you get more viewers and thus deserves more money again. I believe this gives the game a larger management component. But there are so many other new things.

We have also integrated the true European league and the Champions League in the real Champions League. We wanted it in the Champions League comes to build, not just the players but also the association. To sum up: It's just become more interesting.

That's it from the the mouth of the Seabass himself.

Edit: Zavvi are at it again, undercutting everyone:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010

RRP: ?34.99

You Save: 49%

Gameplay: PES 2010 focuses on enhancing the excitement of matches between players, making for a truly challenging experience that will ... More

PC ?17.80 Free Delivery

Last edited:
I'll be definately downloading the demo. Already played the fifa demo so it all comes down to what one I prefer.

Adam's been talking about the review code on WENB.

Adam said:
First of all, the review code is not final code. I think I incorrectly stated this in the past. It seems its around 90%, with the bulk of what will be in the final game. The only thing left to do is polish.

Embargo's are in place, thats why you haven't seen people who have code shout about it and start to detail gameplay details. Luckily, me and Suff can talk about it on the podcast. But this means no videos or screenshots as yet from the code. Don't worry though, as A) you have the demo tomorrow, and B) we will get final retail code early October.

I'm going to be brief and try to do all my explaining in the podcast. So, we'll have some bullet points:

- Response times improved immensely! So happy about this
- Defending and collisions with players more realistic than previous code
- No excessive use of side foot shot animation, much more variety
- Fake teams now licensed, list to follow after embargo lifted
- Graphics have been touched up some more, really is incredible
- Loads of new faces (Balotelli, Santon etc)
- Still 22 stadiums
- Edit mode same as 75% version
- Penalties still not implemented
- More transfers done, but still some left (Sneider to Inter etc)
- New subtle animations. Nothing massive, but plenty of little animations to improve the flow of the game
- Quite a few licensed bands

Apparently the demo will be the Gamescom version... in other words, shite...

It's been confirmed that this isn't the case. Where did you hear that?

PESFAN -

Hi Guys,

Richie here, just to confirm with The Boss, the demo is NOT the Gamescom version.

It is based on a more recent version of the code which I hope you all enjoy tomorrow!

Can't wait, master league is gonna be amazing. Can't wait to try out the youth team feature.

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been confirmed that this isn't the case. Where did you hear that?

Hopefully it'll include the 360 degree movement controls.

Thanks, should be worth a go then :).
It was just speculation on another forum that it was an old build, glad to hear that's wrong though.

Hopefully i'm impressed by it, would love to have two god football games that are different, but I still doubt they will reach the heights of PES5... Not even the FIFA 10 demo which I think is great has done that imo.

The only things stopping me playing PES5 regularly again are no lower leagues, the lack of online play (especially) and restrictive long passing, it has almost everything else i'd want and looks acceptable with kitserver/patches (I don't really care about graphics though tbh)... Even playing it now, 4 years after release it's not repetitive...

I'm right there with you. However, have you heard of this:

RMEngine - Management Engine for PES (In Development) - Evo-Web Forums

It looks massively ambitious, but if they can pull it off, then we'll have the Holy Grail of PES' football gameplay married with a deep football world that includes lower league teams.

Either way, PES 10's ML improvements are a big step in the right direction.

Can't wait, master league is gonna be amazing. Can't wait to try out the youth team feature.

Ditto. Nice to get in to some more PC gaming again! Not bought PES since #6, didn't like it. #5 was good.

Tomorrow is "do or die" day for PES then - if it's rubbish then i'll be deleting the demo in the few following days, if it's as good as PES5 then i'll be putting in a pre-order...

@MB76 - It will have 360 degree movement, it's one of the main features of the game (and works fantastically well in FIFA 10) :).

I've heard about that RMEngine thing, but it won't be ready for quite a while yet and it's not being made for PES5... there will be a PES6 version I think, but i'm not really a fan of 6... thought it was the start of the arcadey PES revolution.

Cheers Madman. When you say it works fantastically well in Fifa 10, you do of course mean the consoles' version, yes? :D

PES 10 is supposed to be more focused on returning the game to it's sim roots and encouraging more passing play. If that's the case, then it truly will be 'Return of the King'!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread