FOOTBALL PES 2010-- Discussion Thread

^Doesn't want to know.

First PES I've played in about 4-5 years. Very enjoyable, took a while to get used to it again. Much better than PES5, which was my favourite. Works well on my PC, I'll probably get it, as it's quite cheap anyway!

^Doesn't want to know.

First PES I've played in about 4-5 years. Very enjoyable, took a while to get used to it again. Much better than PES5, which was my favourite. Works well on my PC, I'll probably get it, as it's quite cheap anyway!

Excellent news, this means i can beat you at pes and ashes cricket.:banana2

Good luck with that Mr Gas!

Feels a lot smoother, it was a very quick and basic impression from one match. Player movement is less "blocky" (that's a rubbish word to use, but I can't think how else to explain it)

Oh and crosses in to the box felt so much better.

In what way? Apart from graphics obviously.

I can't see a single thing gameplay wise which beats PES5...

The shooting, ball physics, dribbling, and heading I'd personally say. PES5 is the benchmark, but I've played this all day, and it's a massive grower. There's new animations and moves still appearing that I hadn't yet seen, and I'm back in that PES groove where you're suddenly ripping teams apart and pulling off some great team moves.

The first hour, playing it like FIFA, I hated it. The longer I've played, the better its got. It feels like the PES of old, but enhanced in such a way that it trumps it. This is basically what PES2008, PES7, whichever way you want to look at it, should of been.

Good luck with that Mr Gas!

Feels a lot smoother, it was a very quick and basic impression from one match. Player movement is less "blocky" (that's a rubbish word to use, but I can't think how else to explain it)

Oh and crosses in to the box felt so much better.

robotic? :p

The shooting, ball physics, dribbling, and heading I'd personally say. PES5 is the benchmark, but I've played this all day, and it's a massive grower. There's new animations and moves still appearing that I hadn't yet seen, and I'm back in that PES groove where you're suddenly ripping teams apart and pulling off some great team moves.

The first hour, playing it like FIFA, I hated it. The longer I've played, the better its got. It feels like the PES of old, but enhanced in such a way that it trumps it. This is basically what PES2008, PES7, whichever way you want to look at it, should of been.

So far, I agree with that. The heading is back to the standard of PES 6 - aerial battles happen again, and defensive headers actually clear the danger and there are a wide variety of headers as well. The pace seems perfect to me, the passing is crisp (no sign of 360 anything, but this is supposed to be an older build), but for me the main problem is the keepers. They are absolutely awful and I really do hope this is an older build, because those keepers in their present form need work and a lot of it. The sound of the ball being kicked is improved, but when it's loud, it sounds like a damned gunshot! Chants are the same PES rubbish - but that can be sorted with chantspacks.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Having spent a good couple of hours more on the game now I retract my previous statements. It is an improvement on 09 and I actually am really enjoying playing it. The animations still feel dated but some of the new little tweaks involved make it a definite improvement.

In short, I was rash in my assumption before. It's not perfect, but it's still a good game. I'm hoping it is very early code as well. The advantage of PES is that it's only out late October/early November so i'll probably be bored of FIFA by the time it comes out anyway.

According to some people from various forums, the build is from around July/August. If that's true, then we should be in for a real treat come the final release.

Edit: OK, I am really loving this game now! Some absolutely beautiful play is possible, the passing is possibly the slickest I've seen in any football game, including 'NG' Fifa. If only EA gave as much a damn about the PC version as Konami clearly do...

I found this over in EA Land:

http://downloads.gamingaccess.com/index.php?file_id=44985

It's a chantspack for the teams in the PES 10 demo, apparently. Damn, that was quick!

It's a smashing chantpack, the only thing I'm a little concerned about is I can't hear any away fans. At all. Now, that might be down to the demo having no away fans (they don't even cheer when they score), but it also might be a hangover from PES 09, where there were no away fans chants in the full game! You could only ever hear the home fans, so bang went any atmosphere...

This:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdmnmrl2kmd

is supposed to be a demo-expander, but I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Yep, really liking this version of PES. Been ages since I played PES, I played a couple of FIFA demos on PSN, and it felt too arcadey for me, as FIFA always did. Nice to come back to the football game which never felt or feels arcadey. Definitely going to get it, went in to the settings and found I could up the screen res, which was nice. Now at 1280 x 960. Want to find out what the limit of this card is for res. I was concerned that it said my GFX and VRAM was good, yet my CPU was ok. It's duo core @ 2.4Ghz, I know it's not mega recent, but it's not that out-dated! Thinking of overclocking it anyway, pretty safe to do with most of 'em, just need to find out info on it! :D

I tried the demo expander, it's made by Master Juce (Kitserver, Stadiumserver etc) and works fine! Also, Juce made it just the other day, so maybe he'll bring back kit/stadiumserver for PES 10...

Something has to be done about these penalties though, not only is the camera angle crap, but no matter where I aim or how much power I use, they always miss! And I'm usually very good at penalties.

I tried the demo expander, it's made by Master Juce (Kitserver, Stadiumserver etc) and works fine! Also, Juce made it just the other day, so maybe he'll bring back kit/stadiumserver for PES 10...

Something has to be done about these penalties though, not only is the camera angle crap, but no matter where I aim or how much power I use, they always miss! And I'm usually very good at penalties.

With the penalties, just touch slightly to the side with the analogue to choose a side, then with the D pad, press up or down to adjust the height.

Don't hold left or right though, otherwise it's an embarassing miss!

You're right though, it's a crap system. Needs to be sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread