Post your questions about the game here!

Haha my bad! He was going on about something strongly suggesting it would come out earlier!

I just couldnt see it!

Ross is waiting for ashes 2013 to reveal it's full features and well the look of the game, i bet we will have so much imformation soon things on here will go a little crazy, i'm going to have my kitten's if both games get trailers in the same week.:D

----------

Ashes Cricket 2013 due June 21st on PS3, 360, Wii U and PC

Post number 3 and 6. Maybe it's just the way I interpreted his posts. You can judge for yourself. You are welcome ;)

Don't read to much into it, we know ashes 2013 has just 9 weeks till release, where as bigant could do anything.

Just looking at an old post about Fielding:

It won't be fully automated, there's no fun in that, but we have to remember that we could throw a ball back and forward all day without dropping it - if it's a regulation catch then it's a regulation catch (hope this makes sense).

It is more about field position and getting to position after a shot than anything else.

So, slip/short catches may be automatic if they are 'regulation'? I would like to see it go from bat to hand very quickly.
I hope regulation catches can still be dropped if it it's automatic.

For diving/jumping catches you should have to time the jump or the dive and that will determine if you catch it or not. (obviously at real-time speed). Same with low catches, a tap of the analog stick in the direction you want to position your hands at the crucial time would be a simplified but realistic system, and take a bit to master.

Has any more info been shed on this?

Last edited:
IMO Big Ant game should release early to mid June. If they are releasing their player editor on April 22nd, they wouldn't wait more than a month and a half to release the game. They want folks to give enough time to create their squads/players on Big Ant and then release the game coz folks who have spent enough time playing around with editors will more than likely buy the game. I say Big Ant's game is released around Champions Trophy :cheers

Also, Big Ant have recently gone through the certification process for the editor, and IMO they would have done so along with the entire game. Certification process with Microsoft and Sony is a time intensive process and maybe costs money as well, so Big Ant is unlikely to do it in 2 pats - one for editor and then for the game. I know I wouldn't. Releasing the editor is just a way to get folks locked in to the game as folks who have invested enough time in creating players/squads or importing the same will defo buy the game.

This might be negative thinking but if I were Ross I would definitely think about delaying the game until next year to let the Ashes storm pass. No matter how special the game is and what it deserves, the other game is going to attract a lot of people specially from England because of its name, I feel the name does not matter so much for the Australian fans.

Just looking at an old post about Fielding:

So, slip/short catches may be automatic if they are 'regulation'? I would like to see it go from bat to hand very quickly.
I hope regulation catches can still be dropped if it it's automatic.

For diving/jumping catches you should have to time the jump or the dive and that will determine if you catch it or not. (obviously at real-time speed). Same with low catches, a tap of the analog stick in the direction you want to position your hands at the crucial time would be a simplified but realistic system, and take a bit to master.

Has any more info been shed on this?

There are no "automatic" catches. Leaving your hands where they are is a decision, if the ball is going to hit you square in the guts and that's where your hands are then I would not expect you to drop it - however if you don't move your hands or your timing is bad and the ball is high/low/left/right then there might be an issue.

Last edited:
There are no "automatic" catches. Leaving your hands where they are is a decision, if the ball is going to hit you square in the guts and that's where your hands are then I would expect you to drop it - however if you don't move your hands or your timing is bad and the ball is high/low/left/right then there might be an issue.

Sound great but hard at the same time, will time slow down and if the answer is no then will we drop a lot at the start. A edge to the slips at 145km a hour sound tough.

Sound great but hard at the same time, will time slow down and if the answer is no then will we drop a lot at the start. A edge to the slips at 145km a hour sound tough.

It should be difficult, especially on the higher difficulties. There is no 'slowtime' events, I want to catch it from the normal cameras perspective like you see on TV. Like batting, catching is about reaction, you should have to learn that - it shouldn't be instant. Margin of errors will obviously alter greatly with difficulty.

Thanks Ross.

Last edited:
It should be difficult, especially on the higher difficulties. There is no 'slowtime' events, I want to catch it from the normal cameras perspective like you see on TV. Like batting, catching is about reaction, you should have to learn that - it shouldn't be instant.

Yes.

Ok...so i have been fighting this question in my head for some time so hopefully someone can help. How is the release of the player editor on PC going to help me, who owns a PS3? How do i transfer players created? I know there is a player share system but i would have thought this was between pc to pc, or PS3 to PS3? Confused. Sorry for the stupid question! :facepalm

Ok...so i have been fighting this question in my head for some time so hopefully someone can help. How is the release of the player editor on PC going to help me, who owns a PS3? How do i transfer players created? I know there is a palyer share system but i would have thought this was between pc to pc, or PS3 to PS3? Confused. Sorry for the stupid question! :facepalm

it will have cross platform sharing system. whatever you create on a PC can be downloaded on the ps3 and xbox 360 as long as you upload your created players.

it will have cross platform sharing system. whatever you create on a PC can be downloaded on the ps3 and xbox 360 as long as you upload your created players.

Correct.

If you create players/teams on the PC you will be able to browse/share them on whichever console you have.

You will also have access to the teams and players that others have created.

----------

Does that mean you can get hit by the ball, like on the back, leg so on.
If yes that's new, never seen that in a cricket game.
P.s also so you can move your hands while catching.

One would think that if you don't move your hands then it is more than likely you will get hit - and it might hurt - a lot! :p

ps: I don't think you can get hit on the back though as you are generally facing the ball.

Last edited:
Correct.

If you create players/teams on the PC you will be able to browse/share them on whichever console you have.

----------

One would think that if you don't move your hands then it is more than likely you will get hit - and it might hurt - a lot! :p

ps: I don't think you can get hit on the back though as you are generally facing the ball.

Well yeah but the real thing and a game is a very different story.:p
Sorry for so many questions, so if you do not want to give to many more secrets away i understand. Still love the idea of hurt players from a ball to the guts.:D
p.s what about silly mid off and on and silly point,short leg, sometimes they get hit hard very hard, when they are turning away from the ball.
----------

Correct.

You will also have access to the teams and players that others have created.

----------

So you share players though the browser\internet that's how you can go from pc,xbox,ps ?

Last edited:
Well yeah but the real thing and a game is a very different story.:p
Sorry for so many questions, so if you do not want to give to many more secrets away i understand. Still love the idea of hurt players from a ball to the guts.:D

----------

So you share players though the browser\internet that's how you can go from pc,xbox,ps ?

Not through a browser, the Cricket Academy is a standalone application for the PC. You use the game itself on the PC, Xbox360, PlayStation3 to browse/save teams and players for play.

Users who are viewing this thread