Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, its getting clearer that your game has the potential to take out Ashes 13 easy but don't you think you must release the game earlier then Ashes 13 to insure market dominance over your competitor !!! at-lest maybe give a release date for people :D

It's easy on "easy" and "very hard" on hard... not all slips catches are caught - we cater for the possibility that a ball is hit too hard or too fast and you don't get the catch unless you get it right.
Is there something more to easy and hard besides timing windows?

Otherwise I'm back to wanting different difficulty levels for the different parts of the game, because I'm just not good enough at the quick reaction button presses to make them at full speed without a lot of forgiveness, but don't want to have to put the whole game on easy just to be able to take catches.

Is there something more to easy and hard besides timing windows?

Otherwise I'm back to wanting different difficulty levels for the different parts of the game, because I'm just not good enough at the quick reaction button presses to make them at full speed without a lot of forgiveness, but don't want to have to put the whole game on easy just to be able to take catches.

Games are always about doing the right things at the right time. The time you have to do them is the issue. The time you have to do them in our game is based on a combination of factors, some of which relate to difficulty, some to the player being controlled, fatigue, attributes, etc..

It's only slips where you might have an issue - I would suggest you load up with good slips guys there to balance it out appropriately.

Games are always about doing the right things at the right time. The time you have to do them is the issue. The time you have to do them in our game is based on a combination of factors, some of which relate to difficulty, some to the player being controlled, fatigue, attributes, etc..

It's only slips where you might have an issue - I would suggest you load up with good slips guys there to balance it out appropriately.

I was damn good at BLIC 07 slip catching , plz make it that way :D

----------

Naming it would perhaps do more than naming it :)

Exactly! ,there has to be some sort of press release before the Cricket Academy beta release otherwise I dont think many ppl outside Planetcricket will know about the game.

I was damn good at BLIC 07 slip catching , plz make it that way :D

----------

Exactly! ,there has to be some sort of press release before the Cricket Academy beta release otherwise I dont think many ppl outside Planetcricket will know about the game.

Don't worry - the main retail players know it's coming :D

The time you have to do them in our game is based on a combination of factors, some of which relate to difficulty, some to the player being controlled, fatigue, attributes, etc..

Is it possible for you to add an option for automatic ai catching, atleast in the offline modes?

Hey Ross
You might have missed my question. I asked if the edges would really fly to the slip and keeper and not loop up as has been the case forever.

We really can't add any options now.

No worries. But is it patch-able incase there are a lots of complaints against it? Can an option be added later?

----------

This is a huge hint that the name corresponds to an event. Naming it would then also reveal release date!!

OMG!!!! Is it this:

ICC Champions Trophy | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

Makes sense as well.....AC13 got the ashes license.....BigAnt might have gone with the ICC license :D!!! Even the tournament date (6 june) coincides with a possible release date seeing that the game is already complete!!!

----------

So in all probability, the release date would be 22 May 2013??? i.e. exactly one month after the cricket academy beta release :D

I somewhere posted earlier that I do have strong feeling that BA do have ICC champions trophy's licence at least, and that is the reason why they are moving ahead and releasing the CA so that we can get rest of the game complete by the Cricket Academy. I do hope that is the case.

----------

No worries. But is it patch-able incase there are a lots of complaints against it? Can an option be added later?

----------

OMG!!!! Is it this:

ICC Champions Trophy | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

Makes sense as well.....AC13 got the ashes license.....BigAnt might have gone with the ICC license :D!!! Even the tournament date (6 june) coincides with a possible release date seeing that the game is already complete!!!

----------

So in all probability, the release date would be 22 May 2013??? i.e. exactly one month after the cricket academy beta release :D

Any what am I looking at on the cricinfo page that suggests anything about BA cricket or anything related? may be I am missing a point?

http://forum.bigant.com/thread-616-page-4.html, Read the answer given by Ross here as to why the game is till yet not shown to us. Pretty good answer here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread