Post your questions about the game here!

I can't see anything else apart from ICC Champions Trophy as being licenced! I could be wrong, but if that is the only thing which is licenced I still don't mind as the player sharing would just keep this game alive for long time.

License or no license, I am just excited by the prospect of this game releasing max in june :D

BigAnt wouldnt be having the ICC license, thats how they have maintained. Probably Ross meant they might be using a particular player or commentator like Brian Lara's cricket or Ian Chappel's cricket.

And Ross, the only part Ashes 13 seems to have an upperhand is the analog power control. Do we get to play something similar in BigAnt or left for the next iteration?

BigAnt wouldnt be having the ICC license, thats how they have maintained. Probably Ross meant they might be using a particular player or commentator like Brian Lara's cricket or Ian Chappel's cricket.

And Ross, the only part Ashes 13 seems to have an upperhand is the analog power control. Do we get to play something similar in BigAnt or left for the next iteration?

I guess we will get to know more about batting and bowling in the next one month :D

Naming it would perhaps do more than naming it :)

That is some cryptic message!!

Maybe they have certain team's license...or got certain player to endorse it...

If it is the indian team (would be nearly impossible but BA seem to have a knack of pulling things off like that so far) or some high profile indian player, that would be a marketting master stroke and a coup of sort. Even though i wouldnt care about the indian team or the player, people in india, potentially the biggest untapped market for cricket gaming would go bat sh*t crazy for the game. I hear FIFA 13 sale skyrocketed in india after people found out team india is included and licensed in the game and football isnt even the 2nd most popular sports there. I hope that is the case because i want this game to do well.

Last edited:
I guess we will get to know more about batting and bowling in the next one month :D

Bowling and Fielding mechanics have been sort of revealed. Batting is the only thing left. But we still do have a LOT to discuss...Career mode, player progression, Injuries, coaching, crowds, commentators, stadiums...the list goes on.
If I remember Ross once during the first screen reveals mentioned about TV ratings for matches and retirements , and I thought he was crazy :p

Bowling and Fielding mechanics have been sort of revealed. Batting is the only thing left. But we still do have a LOT to discuss...Career mode, player progression, Injuries, coaching, crowds, commentators, stadiums...the list goes on.
If I remember Ross once during the first screen reveals mentioned about TV ratings for matches and retirements , and I thought he was crazy :p

could you possibly guide me to that post where ross has mentioned about TV ratings and retirements?

Games are always about doing the right things at the right time. The time you have to do them is the issue. The time you have to do them in our game is based on a combination of factors, some of which relate to difficulty, some to the player being controlled, fatigue, attributes, etc..

It's only slips where you might have an issue - I would suggest you load up with good slips guys there to balance it out appropriately.

Wow, so fatigue and player stats play a role in fielding. And there are players who specializes in certain fielding positions like slips, point, outfield and maybe silly mid ons and off (i am guessing). And all these were in my "i want in a cricket game by 2020" list. RESPECT for all the efforts you have put in to give depth to the gameplay. Lets see how it all connects together.

What is your opinion on the AI, ross? Was AI a big focus point for you guys? I remember you mentioned we will have the most fun in local and online multiplayer and I do play games with my brother most and dont enjoy playing against a computer but certain modes like career mode needs to be played against AI and a broken/stupid AI can make the whole career mode useless.

It's not always hard to catch the ball... just that you have to actually do it, not just stand there looking at it.

There won't be an AI option for fielding.

I think it will be very similar to catching in RLL2.

----------

Naming it would perhaps do more than naming it :)

It ain't gonna be BA Cricket 13, it's gonna be a <Superstar Australian Player name> Cricket 13.

Two things are pretty clear now
1)The game is releasing well before 21st June.
2)They are most likely having ICC Champions Trophy licensed

But one thing is not clear why they are not started marketing the game heavily yet , Even if they have a much superior game compare to AC13 (And its looks they have atleast on paper so far) It will still have trouble beating AC13 in terms of sales because of the Ashes license , The only way out of this is to release the game with Champions trophy license and as early as possible (i-e well before AC13) and secondly if they dont have a license then they should start a heavy marketing campaign to promote the game ,
Currently I am unsure what kind of strategy they are opting for in order to beat their competition.

Two things are pretty clear now
1)The game is releasing well before 21st June.
2)They are most likely having ICC Champions Trophy licensed

I would describe both those things as unlikely rather than clear.
I don't believe there would be no name in place or marketing campaign underway for a release as early as June.

I would describe both those things as unlikely rather than clear.
I don't believe there would be no name in place or marketing campaign underway for a release as early as June.

Then It would be a disaster to release the game after 21st June . I am pretty sure BA dont wanna lose sales to AC13 but I am bamboozle by their strategy so far , no name , no active marketing campaign yet and the competitor's game release is around the corner. Perhaps Ross would like to shed some light on this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread