Post your questions about the game here!

Sometimes I feel, you don't reply at all to the questions just because they feature in the game. Eg. the guy above who talked about d/l method.

We have a plan that relates to the release of the feature list... as we've discussed in here before, some things should be left until you've got the game in your hands - there need to be some surprises left.

Ross, you need to get some marketing on for CA Beta, I reckon. Like post a bit on the fb page & tweet. Wonder if anyone other than the PC guys & a few from the BigAnt forum know about it at all.

^^^^
Of course he knows, knows a hell lot more than all of us, but nothing's wrong about suggesting something, right?
What else have we been doing these 120 pages? Suggesting things & responding to his posts!

Well I think suggestions to do with cricket are one thing but suggestions about how to market games to the CEO of a studio is probably stretching it. He'll have a PR agency/department for that!

Well I think suggestions to do with cricket are one thing but suggestions about how to market games to the CEO of a studio is probably stretching it. He'll have a PR agency/department for that!

I mentioned about Facebook & Twitter, right? Guess the choice of word 'Marketing' wasn't good. My bad. 'Spread Awareness' sounds more appropriate. I meant that there must be awareness about CA releasing on Apr22, which isn't to be seen. So maybe they must use those social networking platforms to get the ppl aware & excited about it.

I mentioned about Facebook & Twitter, right? Guess the choice of word 'Marketing' wasn't good. My bad. 'Spread Awareness' sounds more appropriate. I meant that there must be awareness about CA releasing on Apr22, which isn't to be seen. So maybe they must use those social networking platforms to get the ppl aware & excited about it.
The Cricket Academy is the marketing tool for the game, people generating their own marketing for the game is far better than trying to pay for the equivalent exposure. A few people start making and sharing players and then it will build from there.

It's otherwise hard to promote a game with no name.

Have you worked on the stadiums so they are not simply a setting for a cricket match, but have an effect on weather and pitch conditions? Maybe home advantage too? Actually, home advantage might be asking too much.

^^^^
Uhmm.. Quite true, actually. Yea, sharing player cards would take care of the 'awareness' thing.

This is a Beta and we are keeping it low key at first and only releasing info on Planet Cricket and our own forum while we make sure that it is all working well.

That said, I expect that once some players are created and then shared on FaceBook and tweeted using the in-built functions from within Cricket Academy then they might go viral - hopefully you guys will go wild with your creations!

We also have a great advantage over previous games in that even after the game ships we can update the Cricket Academy to add elements to the players and make changes that flow through to the PC and console versions of the game.

This is a Beta and we are keeping it low key at first and only releasing info on Planet Cricket and our own forum while we make sure that it is all working well.

That said, I expect that once some players are created and then shared on FaceBook and tweeted using the in-built functions from within Cricket Academy then they might go viral - hopefully you guys will go wild with your creations!

We also have a great advantage over previous games in that even after the game ships we can update the Cricket Academy to add elements to the players and make changes that flow through to the PC and console versions of the game.

Out of interest, in the other threads where you showed the version of Bruce Willis and your son-in-law that you made, how long did they take you to do?

Out of interest, in the other threads where you showed the version of Bruce Willis and your son-in-law that you made, how long did they take you to do?

The average at the moment is 25 minutes to create a character with hair.

Ross, don't know if I missed it, but do we also add the player attributes (the skills I mean) in this Beta version, or is that for the full version?
And yeah, the players cards are soon going viral for sure! :D

commentators?

This game sounds too good to be believed.:noway
what about the commentators?
and a probable date for gameplay video to be released?

Users who are viewing this thread