Post your questions about the game here!

I know it seems bizarre, but it would be a great feature if you'd be able to have a "pad down" control in game. Is there any way this is possible?

With the mechanics BA have implemented this is not only possible but also much more user controlled!! As you may be aware of, you use the Left Stick for feet movement and Right Stick for shots. If you just move the left stick to the line of the ball and do not move the Right one, you would be padding up!!! I am pretty sure this is how it will work in the game :cheers

Though it would be interesting to know whether we can pad up, with the bat tucked behind the pad or not in this game :D!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we will have more information regarding a release date? Also, what about a demo or an official trailer? Any news on that?

Though it would be interesting to know whether we can pad up, with the bat tucked behind the pad or not in this game :D!

Like what Dravid did and was wrongly given out by Bucknor for caught behind? 2nd Test at SCG, Jan 2008. :p

But seriously Ross, can we indeed do this? The separate bat & feet controls would make a lot of sense then. Imagine padding a spinner in a Test match. *drools*

Does anyone know when we will have more information regarding a release date? Also, what about a demo or an official trailer? Any news on that?

Release date would be announced max by August end! There is no demo scheduled, but BA has planned some play sessions in Australia. Trailer, gameplay vid etc would be released after the release date has been revealed.

Yeah padding makes sense as the pad and bat controls are separate.....:yes

Ross,
are there any indicators for showing that you bowled a good ball etc (like fielder around the bat shouting well bowled, maybe the batsman nodding to acknowledge it was a good ball etc)

Ross,
are there any indicators for showing that you bowled a good ball etc (like fielder around the bat shouting well bowled, maybe the batsman nodding to acknowledge it was a good ball etc)

There should surely be such things to boost up the bowler..Imagine in a game where even sledging is a part, there surely would be such details....:thumbs

Ross,

I love that idea, a change in commentary, crowd, fielders and batsman's tone. You hear the "ooohhhh" from the crowd.
Would also be awesome if you could assess the pitch inbetween balls. Tap the ground, make sense of the pitch etc. Understand potential seam movement.
EA did a nice feature as well where you got a timing guage for a leave, so it had some rewarding values, you were knowing when to move your feet into position and you get a better understanding of the bowler and the ground.

Thanks,

Nate!

As there is the option of using the crease for bowling,will there be back leg no ball?

padding the ball feature is a "By default" one , we can tell that with the way the controllers are explained

Yesterday's Q&A made me ask this question: Will the AI create randomness by bowling a spinner for the first over ?And will the AI change sides of bowling?:)

I once posted it to the General Discussion Thread! It seems this thread is more effective for my questions! So if you know, please answer this :)

1) But do anyone know who will do the commentary?

2) I posted this earlier but no one answered! Will there be any controls for Aggressive or Defensive shots! By Aggressive I don't mean Lofted! Some thrashings shots along the ground which may nick a edge and where some defensive drives would be safer

3) Will there be any different type of players, as if Gayle would use his footwork rarely and will try to hit the ball (So we can score quick with him but will be out soon). And someone like Rahul Dravid (Who will score less quickly but will stay at the crease). So we can make strategies with whom to give the bat first when the Target is more or less! As i would try to give Rahul Dravid to bat before any agg. batsman in a low chase, where I when I need quick score, I will appoint Agg. Batsman to do the job!

3) Will there be any different type of players, as if Gayle would use his footwork rarely and will try to hit the ball (So we can score quick with him but will be out soon). And someone like Rahul Dravid (Who will score less quickly but will stay at the crease). So we can make strategies with whom to give the bat first when the Target is more or less! As i would try to give Rahul Dravid to bat before any agg. batsman in a low chase, where I when I need quick score, I will appoint Agg. Batsman to do the job!

So you asking if there is aggressive,defensive and moderate(in between)? If that is the case then even Cricket 07 has that. But if you asking about more signatures styles like Malinga round arm then ROSSSSSSSSSSS

Users who are viewing this thread