Post your questions about the game here!

Well i was watching a highlights game, I just wanted to ask weather there is different keeper stands or not ? Eg- Gilly stands up to med pace bowlers at times is it possibel in Ba's cricket (life 14)

I think that Ross did mention that this would be possible in the game!! Not sure though!

I think that Ross did mention that this would be possible in the game!! Not sure though!

Ross or Mikeymerren can confirm whether its there in the game or not...But love this feature in the game....:yes

@funnyadit and angad thanks guys. And if its really there its usefull only if we play in the team as a keeper i guess. In general i hope Bigant comes up with a trailer on the day Ashes 2013 will miss once again on 21st July.

@funnyadit and angad thanks guys. And if its really there its usefull only if we play in the team as a keeper i guess. In general i hope Bigant comes up with a trailer on the day Ashes 2013 will miss once again on 21st July.

You can play as the keeper in the game!!! Thats confirmed by Mike....though only for the career mode as of now!

I believe you have to control the wicketkeeper too while fielding in a normal game mode. Wonder if we have to catch the balls with the wicketkeeper which the batsmen just let go without hitting. What i am most excited about is I get to do stumping now and i get to dive in the boundary or pull in the ball in the last second. This is gonna be awesome if done correctly.

Last edited:
God:eek: Where is Biggs/Ricky 87 I think that was his name and martyn, three big posters all gone away away. PS Ross you say you saw ashes 2013 in motion, could you tell us the plus and minus for the game. Go AUSSIES KICK THE POMMIES BUTTS HARD.:clap

God:eek: Where is Biggs/Ricky 87 I think that was his name and martyn, three big posters all gone away away. PS Ross you say you saw ashes 2013 in motion, could you tell us the plus and minus for the game. Go AUSSIES KICK THE POMMIES BUTTS HARD.:clap

Lurking currently as Bigant was becoming mad about me...

The aussies are playing English blockers and South Africans...too stodgy for you.

im sorry i havnt really been following this thread thoroughly so a couple of questions and i am really sorry if people have already asked them ! :)

1. When creating a player will we have to play with our player to improve them or can we pick there skills as we wish so our player could be the best level on every attribute?

2. When creating a player what will the attributes be will there be a lot like on side off side front foot, etc etc like cricket 07 or will it be like icc 2010 where ther are only 5 options for each discipline of the game?

3. will edges be more realistic then previous games like will they carry to the boundary or drop short sometimes will they bounce awkwardly in front of the slips and bounce away for a couple? will the fielders dive around trying to stop boundaries and sliding on the boundaries? im just asking because i think fielding especially has been seriously lacking on previous games

im sorry i havnt really been following this thread thoroughly so a couple of questions and i am really sorry if people have already asked them ! :)

1. When creating a player will we have to play with our player to improve them or can we pick there skills as we wish so our player could be the best level on every attribute?

2. When creating a player what will the attributes be will there be a lot like on side off side front foot, etc etc like cricket 07 or will it be like icc 2010 where ther are only 5 options for each discipline of the game?

3. will edges be more realistic then previous games like will they carry to the boundary or drop short sometimes will they bounce awkwardly in front of the slips and bounce away for a couple? will the fielders dive around trying to stop boundaries and sliding on the boundaries? im just asking because i think fielding especially has been seriously lacking on previous games

1. You can give attributes as you please i believe. But for career mode your player will start with a default attributes that will improve depending on the way you play. If you are good in the off side, your player's off side skill would get better.

2. Have no idea about different types of attributes. Maybe you would want to check the cricket academy file breakdown thread. That might have infos there.

3. Yes to all. You would be able to pull in the ball from the boundary rope also.

Is there a sort of normalisation process for the created teams?

Say that I download an England from one person and an Australia from another. For example, both people think that Cook and Clarke are equally the best batsmen in cricket. One person therefore rates Clarke as 99/100 whereas the other rates Cook as 85/100, thinking that whilst he's the best at the moment he's far from the best of all time so there should be some room to move.

Both people rate the players equally in a general sense but their number rating schemes are different. Also, what is average? Is a poor batsman like Glenn McGrath a 10/100 or is he a 50/100 because he's poor for test level but at least has made it to test level.

These are the things I worry about.

Say that I download an England from one person and an Australia from another. For example, both people think that Cook and Clarke are equally the best batsmen in cricket. One person therefore rates Clarke as 99/100 whereas the other rates Cook as 85/100, thinking that whilst he's the best at the moment he's far from the best of all time so there should be some room to move.

Both people rate the players equally in a general sense but their number rating schemes are different. Also, what is average? Is a poor batsman like Glenn McGrath a 10/100 or is he a 50/100 because he's poor for test level but at least has made it to test level.

I don't know if Glenn McGrath would make a first class side if it wasn't for his excellent bowling ability.

Yes, very unfortunate that Biggs had to go on his "holiday" when there are lots of things being released that need to have circles and lines drawn all over them!

PS: I seriously think when he gets back he'd be glad he wasn't here for the Q&A and video...

----------

We have methods to balance things. More on that later.

Ross, does age plays any role in loss of skills or fatigue/stamina in late stage of career mode??

Users who are viewing this thread