Post your questions about the game here!

Ross posts more in Ashes'13 forum than here. Where are we heading to? :(

I've got more than a thousand posts in here...

I would probably be pretty mad if all I see on 26 July is couple of screenshots and the title of the game. We all are eagerly waiting to see some gameplay because we all want to see how fluent the animations are. Please show atleast a 30 second video of the gameplay :)

Can we assign commentary names to players from Cricket Academy ? At the moment i can only see the nicknames that can be assigned to create player ?

Mikeymerren:Can we set the type of pitch we want in a match and wear the pitch?:)
And if yes will the same apply for career mode as well? If I am a spinner in career mode will I get pitches where its challenging to get any spin out of the ball?

Last edited:
You've hit upon a good idea - ask Mike - you're more likely to get an answer sooner :yes

Asking me at this point is pretty random :)

He will, I know he is already celebrating the Pom's keeping the Ashes so he's got nothing else to do this weekend... surprised his Avatar isn't a British flag!

It's unlikely, batting and bowling animation is pretty core to the gameplay and wouldn't normally be DLC unless there was a bug or another issue with the game.

On our list for the sequel is certainly the ability to assign animations to particular players, including player actions and celebrations.

Out of interest, is there any possibility of adding new bowling actions or other animations later? :D

Why would you want that when the game itself is providing animations based on their heights....:)

----------

It's unlikely, batting and bowling animation is pretty core to the gameplay and wouldn't normally be DLC unless there was a bug or another issue with the game.

On our list for the sequel is certainly the ability to assign animations to particular players, including player actions and celebrations.

You mean like the WWE game where we can assign the player's style and kicks...:)

There is physics based alteration of animation in the game and variations, but I think the point is about totally different actions that can be specific to certain players.

Ross will we be able to do a bit of what they call 'gardening' with the bat in between deliveries?

PS: Is it just me or does Mikeymerren sound like Mike and his merry men?

Can we assign commentary names to players from Cricket Academy ? At the moment i can only see the nicknames that can be assigned to create player ?

The way it works is that if the Surname of a player exists as a commentary name it will be used - if not it'll use the nickname set.

----------

Mikeymerren:Can we set the type of pitch we want in a match and wear the pitch?:)
And if yes will the same apply for career mode as well? If I am a spinner in career mode will I get pitches where its challenging to get any spin out of the ball?

In Casual mode you can set your pitch up with a number of options (not going to list them - I think some things should be a surprise when you get the game) - but in Casual you can pretty much decide whatever you want for the match.

Comps they are set for you and the same for Career mode, you aren't the groundsman, so you'll need to deal with what's given.

Users who are viewing this thread