Post your questions about the game here!

1)will there be realistic test shots and run rates by the A.I?
2)realistic play and miss by cpu and edges to slip off spin bowling which never happened in EA crick 07?
3) rough for spinners to aim at during day 3,4 and 5?

1) Shots would be real, as told by Ross many times. Run rates also are supposed to be better.

2) Play and miss is based on ball physics which Ross recently said would be very real. The physics would also look after the edges. In fact, if I remember correctly, Ross clearly said genuine bat-pad catches would also materialize by the physics.

3) Yes

Looking at table too cricket trailer makes me very hopeful about shot animations. The straight drives in that game are pure class!!

1)will there be realistic test shots and run rates by the A.I?
2)realistic play and miss by cpu and edges to slip off spin bowling which never happened in EA crick 07?
3) rough for spinners to aim at during day 3,4 and 5?

1) The A.I. is smarter and will play realistic
3) Yes the edges will take place, and the Ball Physics play a great role here
4) Pitch plays it's part

Thanks for the replies guys. All sounds very promising.

Just downloaded the cricket academy file the ability to create your own tour is amazing and brings limitless variety to the game it is just as impressive as having career mode in the game in my opinion.

Ross, will there be two paced wickets? Some balls zipping through and others staying low due to different moisture content on the pitch.

Don't really know if this has been asked. It's just something that came into my mind while playing cricket 07. Is the game going to be intelligent enough to change field around and rotate the bowlers given the situation of the game? I mean will we see bowling changes if the bowler is going for plenty or say will the bowler get an extra over if he has taken a wicket or two and is in the 'zone'? Will we see teams opening with a spinner in an OD game?

Don't really know if this has been asked. It's just something that came into my mind while playing cricket 07. Is the game going to be intelligent enough to change field around and rotate the bowlers given the situation of the game? I mean will we see bowling changes if the bowler is going for plenty or say will the bowler get an extra over if he has taken a wicket or two and is in the 'zone'? Will we see teams opening with a spinner in an OD game?

Ross mentioned that the Ai will always keep you on your toes!! Infact there are 'plays' that would be very rare as well.....so that you are always on your toes :D!

Hopefully one day we would have an evolving AI.....i,e AI that analyses your gameplay style and modifies its own accordingly :D!

Ross mentioned that the Ai will always keep you on your toes!! Infact there are 'plays' that would be very rare as well.....so that you are always on your toes :D!

Hopefully one day we would have an evolving AI.....i,e AI that analyses your gameplay style and modifies its own accordingly :D!

We already have that but not for cricket. In Madden if you run the same play, or show tendencies like going up the middle on 3rd downs, the AI/defense will adjust and pick you off. It's just a matter of cricket evoving into a dependable money maker for publishers & developers, and you will be surprised what can happen in a cricket game.

ok a couple of questions ....

1. When making a player the different catorgeries will t be like cricket 07, like back foot front foot etc etc etc or will it be like icc10 where there was like 5 catorgeries if i remember correctly ?!

2. I also read somewhere that umpires wouldn't make mistakes despite there being a drs system is this true .... or will the umpires make mistakes ... probably a stupid question but would love to know !????? anoyone ?

2. I also read somewhere that umpires wouldn't make mistakes despite there being a drs system is this true .... or will the umpires make mistakes ... probably a stupid question but would love to know !????? anoyone ?

Not sure about the first one but here is the answer to your second question;

The umpire will not always get it right, there is DRS in place to appeal.

We know umpires are not meant to be persuaded by the environment, however we all know that they are and that is reflected that in the game.

thank youany one know the answer to this on! When making a player the different catorgeries will t be like cricket 07, like back foot front foot etc etc etc or will it be like icc10 where there was like 5 catorgeries if i remember correctly ?!

thank youany one know the answer to this on! When making a player the different catorgeries will t be like cricket 07, like back foot front foot etc etc etc or will it be like icc10 where there was like 5 catorgeries if i remember correctly ?!

This is the only thing I can think of;

BP-A4ztCUAARbF6.png:large

Considering I have about 900 players on my Cricket Academy on various teams ready for the game, how will the real-life stats and skills be implemented onto these players? I imagine it would be very time consuming for everyone, so do you have a system to work this out and get accurate skills for players?
Everything about the game looks great, so minor concerns are all I have.

^^ the player/team creator will probably have to do it and you will just have to update your teams to get the latest versions. if they do not do it they you will have to do it yourself.

that would be my guess. about someone making a player a superhuman, I believe while playing online you will be put against someone else's team whose team rating/total player rating is around your team. unless ofcourse you specify to play against superhumans or some shitty team.

There should be an option for you to choose if you want to compete with a team comparable to your in terms of rating. In case of tournaments however, it may not be implementable.

Users who are viewing this thread