Post your questions about the game here!

Hi, this has probably been answered, but im just wondering will the grounds be of different sizes and shapes (eg: Adelaide's tiny square boundaries v MCG round and huge outfield)?

Thanks

Also, at a long shot, will Lords have a slope? Its really pronounced in real life

I THINK that the grounds are different sizes. I know though that Ross answered that there is no slope at Lords. It's like too much work for just one ground and they don't have a licensed Lords ground anyway.

Hi, this has probably been answered, but im just wondering will the grounds be of different sizes and shapes (eg: Adelaide's tiny square boundaries v MCG round and huge outfield)?

International cricket 10 did this quite well (except some normally tiny grounds were made huge, like Auckland), yet Cricket 07 had the same size boundaries regardless.

Thanks
Yeah.
Also, at a long shot, will Lords have a slope? Its really pronounced in real life
Nope, atlast for this edition. This feature will be considered for sequel.

Is there an in game option to disable depth of field ?

Maybe on the PC version. I think this effect is normally turned on for the console versions to blur the backgrounds a bit because they don't have the processing power to fully render them. GTA IV does this a lot on consoles.

The ball certainly bounces as it should, as you would expect in real life.

Demo's cost a lot to do, Cricket Academy has actually cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce and have out there in the market. Behind the scenes there is a full QA dept backing every release. There is no good data showing that a console game sells any better with a demo than without.

Ah I see and nice to hear that about the ball I think it looks really nice too when the ball bounces off like that :p

Also one thing I'm really confused about, CA is a player builder/match/tournie builder right and you've said your announcement will release it to the wider audience? But this is where I'm missing something what will console users do? download CA on their consoles and create characters? I can't see that hooking in the wider audience?

But as I said can you explain that to me as I'm 110% sure I'm missing something about CA or what you mean by releasing it to the wider audience with the announcement, thanks for the replies! :thumbs

Ah I see and nice to hear that about the ball I think it looks really nice too when the ball bounces off like that :p

Also one thing I'm really confused about, CA is a player builder/match/tournie builder right and you've said your announcement will release it to the wider audience? But this is where I'm missing something what will console users do? download CA on their consoles and create characters? I can't see that hooking in the wider audience?

But as I said can you explain that to me as I'm 110% sure I'm missing something about CA or what you mean by releasing it to the wider audience with the announcement, thanks for the replies! :thumbs

CA will be available on consoles out of the box. Console users can use it on their PC instead if they prefer or want to get in early.

CA will be available on consoles out of the box. Console users can use it on their PC instead if they prefer or want to get in early.

Yes but Ross has said they need to release CA with their announcement as it's an important part of their marketing, but what I'm asking is why is CA an important part of their marketing? it's not like people are going to sit on their console just creating characters? Thats what I'm confused about

Ross,
Just read your post again about two of your team members playing BAC 14. Am curious to know.....is it really difficult to play fast bowling in this game?? I mean are there moments when its almost unplayable and you are just praying you survive it?? Or were the two guys playing this game just bad at it???

----------

Will there be an update today of cricket academy?

Nope! The BigAnt team ran into some bugs which has delayed its release. We got some cool screenshots today instead :cheers!

Ross,
Just read your post again about two of your team members playing BAC 14. Am curious to know.....is it really difficult to play fast bowling in this game?? I mean are there moments when its almost unplayable and you are just praying you survive it?? Or were the two guys playing this game just bad at it???

I would think if the batsman playing is out of form and the pitch is favourable for bowlers then it would be difficult for sure.....[Bowler in full swing also can cause a problem]....:cheers

Yes but Ross has said they need to release CA with their announcement as it's an important part of their marketing, but what I'm asking is why is CA an important part of their marketing? it's not like people are going to sit on their console just creating characters? Thats what I'm confused about

By wider audience, he means people outside planet cricket needs to be aware of it as mostly PC (planet cricket) people are currently using it now. It is important for their marketting because license is a big part in a sport game and a lot of people will stay away from the game due to lack of licenses if they are not familiar with cricket academy.

By wider audience, he means people outside planet cricket needs to be aware of it as mostly PC (planet cricket) people are currently using it now. It is important for their marketting because license is a big part in a sport game and a lot of people will stay away from the game due to lack of licenses if they are not familiar with cricket academy.

Yeah I gathered the wider audience will be people outside PC but what I don't get is why does CA need to be ready/released with the announcement to this wider audience, I can't see people outside PC just sitting on CA creating a player or making a tournament, why would that be exciting for people who aren't big crazy cricket fans? that's what I mean

Damn you Ross :P, Thanks to you my daily routine after coming back from college, before going to sleep and after waking up is this :
1) Open BigAnt General Discussion,Q&A,Screenshots,Announcement in 4 tabs.
2) Read each new page.
3) Press refresh at the last page.
4) Repeat the 4th step after every 15 mins.
:p

Yeah I gathered the wider audience will be people outside PC but what I don't get is why does CA need to be ready/released with the announcement to this wider audience, I can't see people outside PC just sitting on CA creating a player or making a tournament, why would that be exciting for people who aren't big crazy cricket fans? that's what I mean

Cricket Academy will be available to all - it must be bullet proof or it will cost me a fortune in support.

Users who are viewing this thread