Post your questions about the game here!

I think once people realise the depths of the academy any misgivings over lack of licenses will disappear in an instant

Maybe I'm missing what CA is? I thought it's where you create players and tournaments? So my point is if I'm someone whos not a die hard cricket game fan when Ross announces and releases CA I'll just think "ok w/e" I wouldn't imagine myself sitting there creating players if I'm not some die hard fan see what I mean?

Maybe I'm missing what CA is? I thought it's where you create players and tournaments? So my point is if I'm someone whos not a die hard cricket game fan when Ross announces and releases CA I'll just think "ok w/e" I wouldn't imagine myself sitting there creating players if I'm not some die hard fan see what I mean?

its not just for creating players but you will be able to gather any teams or players that anyone has created, instantly giving you a massive library of ready to go real life, historic or fantasy teams..

That's what I'm trying to understand, what will the broad audience do with CA? People who aren't from this forum aren't going to sit and create players as that won't interest them so thats why I don't understand why CA is so important for the start of the marketing campaign?

To counter the "Official Ashes Licenses" would be my guess ;) CA editors's purpose wouldn't be to make the casual gamers sit through for hours and make realistic player models. It would be showcased to impress upon Joe Public that you can play with realistic looking players right from Day 1 with the push of a button.

Let's face it two biggest asks from gamers are for licenses and career mode. BAC has career mode covered but can't show realistic looking player models without infringing licensing agreements and getting into legal tangles, and that's where CA will come in. Realistic looking players can be shown and highlighted without any issues or stepping n anyone's toes.

Last edited:
He'll be fine - you can bat with one stick - just means that without the footwork you won't do as well as you could.

----------

If thousands of people download it - and they will - then it must work 100%

I think you underestimate the audience.

I think I misunderstood what CA is as I never really used it so just assumed it's merely a player creator so found it odd as to why so many people would be excited about this. But now I (sort of) understand that you can share teams, players etc?

I think I misunderstood what CA is as I never really used it so just assumed it's merely a player creator so found it odd as to why so many people would be excited about this. But now I (sort of) understand that you can share teams, players etc?

yeah, if you have played nba2k or mlb the show or the like, it seems very similar.
Its more about sharing. There are already thousands of players and teams up.

Best thing about it is that they can let the public create the realistic player models which would save the time which they would have wasted in creating generic player models.

People who aren't from this forum aren't going to sit and create players as that won't interest them so thats why I don't understand why CA is so important for the start of the marketing campaign?
That's a complete misjudgment. People who are going to buy the game largely fall into the bracket of liking cricket. I'm sure those who like cricket would want to create a player they like in a "Be a pro" sort of mode or even to recreate other players. Heck, I didn't know about this forum for a long time yet on EA/Ashes games I created actual players to the best of my ability. It's also a team sharer, tournament creater and a hub for downloading players (avoiding licenses)
So please don't state this ridiculous generalisations in a desperate attempt to give some credibility to your already flawed argument. It's in short, integral to the marketing campaign.

Edit: saw you came to your senses. Sorry for the pointless post

Last edited:
Ross.... will the bowler bowl to the weakness of the batsman? Also will the AI bowler bowl bad deliveries like short outside off so that I can hit over cover. Dont want the AI to bowl like Mcgrath with consistent line and length.

The fielders are a bit static though.... ;)

If you look at the video they are always bobbing around, clapping hands, cheering, etc... and if you "bump" the table the player move - you have fielding! More fielding than the "other game" anyways :P

I'm waiting for a 'BIG' announcement not just screenshots...

Don't get me wrong, its great to see the detail, quality, etc, but... seeing ingame footage, menu screens, release date and official name, MUCH more important at this stage... :yes

Users who are viewing this thread