Post your questions about the game here!

You cannot bat in the broadcast camera. We are keeping the gameplay video close to our chest for now :spy

We have some big reveals ahead.

This does not surprise me given that you said there will be some indication of the ball position yet no pitch markers.

Does this make local multiplayer difficult with batting and bowling at the same time?

I hope it's not like the NHL games where local competitive multiplayer is tough because the camera angle shooting up or down makes a huge difference.

Whow, thats a big bombshell, I wasnt a fan of batsman veiw in IC10, have always prefered to bat in broadcast view, but I trust you and your team Ross. I'm sure we'll get used to it.

If you have understood the batting controls and hints that have been revealed so far, you would realize its impossible to bat using the broadcast camera, infact any camera that is behind the bowler's arm. The game mechanics are such that there are no markers on the pitch, thus you need to concentrate on the ball to understand the type of delivery...and then watch the ball closely to comprehend the line and length. As I said before, for this game we would need to unlearn everything we have learnt in all the previous cricket games. The controls are such that you actually feel you are controlling almost everything.....its not just about timing the ball anymore :cheers!

As for IC2010, I think we all agreed that that behind the batsman camera was a revelation, but the biggest problem in that game was that you had to play the shot either before or as soon as the ball left the hand to be able to time it. It was due to this reason that it was impossible to play without the marker, and even if you played with the marker, you would still be focused on that marker on the pitch than the actual ball itself, thus it really didnt make much of a difference in gameplay or the thinking process.

:spy
The recent games have been nothing more than a cash grab, especially the patch that was released as a game then not supported.

It is what drove us to the sport, we were pissed off about how people were being treated but also saw an opportunity as well.

This is very brave move Ross but I like your style and how it's personal for you and bigant.

I can see it now, at work at bigant studios and you see the release of ic2010.
You play it would be my guess and say to yourselves what is this, it's the same game over and over again with the same mistakes over and over again. We can do so much better, 4 years later and here we are ross. How is that for a guess ross.

Still like other have said we trust you but no batting in broadcast view will feel different at the start, I bet you tried it when you were making the game and without pitch markers no way it could work. PS for nets.:thumbs

As for IC2010, I think we all agreed that that behind the batsman camera was a revelation, but the biggest problem in that game was that you had to play the shot either before or as soon as the ball left the hand to be able to time it. It was due to this reason that it was impossible to play without the marker, and even if you played with the marker, you would still be focused on that marker on the pitch than the actual ball itself, thus it really didnt make much of a difference in gameplay or the thinking process.

100% Agree. IC 2010 and Ashes 09 felt like they were made by people who did not understand cricket.

The worst bit was how monotonous they made the bowling. They completely removed all strategy by saying that "these three green zones are the only good places to bowl, if you bowl elsewhere the chances of being hit are higher". Bowling then turned into an elaborate game of darts.

You could bowl what would be an amazing ball in real life, say a leg cutter that pitches outside leg to take off stump, but it would be smashed for six because it wasn't in the green zone.

The earlier games had pitch markers but they didn't have this ridiculous system at least.

Biggest challenge from batting view is to see fielding gaps & execute correctly

And thats what real cricket is all about. The batsman has an 'idea' of where the fielders are and can only see a few fielders in front of him. The batsman plays the ball on its merit and 'tries' to find gaps....that is exactly how, I feel, batting will feel in this game. Also since bat movement is assigned to the RAS, you will have a full 360 degree range to play your shots. Whether you find the gap or not will depend on how correct your memory is regarding the field setup, how well you time the ball (e.g. if you are aiming at cover, you would need to play the ball slightly late to be able to hit on the left side of cover fielder....or hit a little early to get the ball to the right of covers), and how precise you are with the Right Stick movement (am assuming this is how batting is implemented)!!

Last edited:
At last a cricket game that will make us earn our runs!

screenshot8_01.png

I wouldn't mind if the batsman camera is something similar to this. However, I still think it's nearly impossible to bat in a video-game without pitch-markers unless the ball speed is slowed down to a level that it makes facing fast bowling non-challenging. Of course, I am hoping to be proven wrong though.

Behind the batsman thing?

The first thing that came to my mind too. Let's see how it will turn out to be. Frankly speaking, batting in broadcast view without markers is really difficult. You would need amazing reflexes in broadcast view to even connect bat to ball.

I'm very curious to see how they do this. Ross is VERY against HUDs and mini-games and cursors.

For example, all previous AFL games when shooting for goal you had a bar moving side to side which you had to press when in the middle. You'd then shoot for goal. FIFA has something like that for their penalties.

In the BA football game for set-shots at goal you had to aim your player but if you were a right footer you had to aim to the right, knowing that in real life players kick with a bit of an arch, so the ball would go a bit to the left.

The level of arch was a bit exaggerated for some players so you could argue that a bit of realism was removed for the sake of a game mechanic, but it was a VERY GOOD game mechanic. Kicking goals was like it should be. Shots from the boundary were difficult. Shots from a distance were difficult because there was a lot of arch. Easy shots could still be missed, which is definitely like real life.

For cricket games, many people here have played Stick Cricket? Sure, the batting is very simple, but that's all done without any bowling marker and it doesn't exactly come slowly.

100% Agree. IC 2010 and Ashes 09 felt like they were made by people who did not understand cricket.

The worst bit was how monotonous they made the bowling. They completely removed all strategy by saying that "these three green zones are the only good places to bowl, if you bowl elsewhere the chances of being hit are higher". Bowling then turned into an elaborate game of darts.

You could bowl what would be an amazing ball in real life, say a leg cutter that pitches outside leg to take off stump, but it would be smashed for six because it wasn't in the green zone.

The earlier games had pitch markers but they didn't have this ridiculous system at least.

I think they understand cricket but like ross said earlier they did not want to take a risk in the end. BLIC has been the same for 15 years just tweak there, new feature there. PS Still not all of that was bad, we will see if bigant still have some of what made them games fun but let's be honest none of them were realistic in almost no way.

PS Let's hope no more 4 for 1000 scores of say 65 overs or something stupid like that.:spy

Am I the only one disappointed by this? I will of course give it a try, but I hated the action cam on ic2010. :noway

The action cam was a nice idea but poorly implemented. As people said, you had to play your shot before release of the ball.

I love the risks taken with this game. The only concern I have is for competitive local multiplayer, although tvs are so big these days...why not have split-screen?

He's talked about co-op local multiplayer before but not competitive.

Users who are viewing this thread