Post your questions about the game here!

I wouldn't mind if the batsman camera is something similar to this. However, I still think it's nearly impossible to bat in a video-game without pitch-markers unless the ball speed is slowed down to a level that it makes facing fast bowling non-challenging. Of course, I am hoping to be proven wrong though.

This isn't the actual camera angle but it's in that direction.

This non broadcast batting view really troubles me and for that matter worries me. It will be interesting to see how batting is achieved.

I can't see how it's possible to make any view other than the batsman stance or behind the batsman view work. As its been mentioned seeing the gaps in the field and the field placement layout is crucial to a cricket game, I can't imagine how else this is achieved. I hope it's not too first person positioned as I haven't liked any cricket game to date from that batting angle. Has the risk of becoming too WII like....

I'm a little disappointed as seeing the aesthetics of the batsman (e.g his stance, likeness and the result of the shot or a wicket is all part of the appeal).....remains to be seen how BA achieve it without totally losing the nice touches!

How does a real batsman cope at the crease.... I mean if only he had the bowlers view... a little like football - much easier from the stands.

You can look around, you know where the field is and you react appropriately.

I'll leave dance-dance cricket for the other guys :yes

All I know is that Big Ant have put in a lot of work and won't produce something unplayable or not fun. Cricket is more complex than what meets the eye and needs to be appropriately done in a game

How does a real batsman cope at the crease.... I mean if only he had the bowlers view... a little like football - much easier from the stands.

I'll leave dance-dance cricket for the other guys :yes

Music to my ears.

One of the things I felt was odd in IC2010's camera was that it seemed to completely ignore the peripheral vision - manually looking around for fielders as a control got a bit annoying when you'd usually have some idea where they all were.

Anyway, as I said in my first impressions of IC2010, I really liked the action cam for bringing a new dimension to the game compared to other attempts at behind the batsmen - but when I played for longer I found myself going back to the broadcast camera.

Action cam implemented well would be perfect, though I agree with the others who suggest they are used to playing cricket games from the broadcast camera and wish it was an option.

How would you do multiplayer on a single screen without batting from the broadcast camera?

You guys have played or seen MLB, right?

The idea of batting from the bowlers view is just not right... It's what you have been fed so far, sure, but why would you go on about "reality" and then want to cry if you don't have an unearthly "god mode" view of the game when batting?

This non broadcast batting view really troubles me and for that matter worries me. It will be interesting to see how batting is achieved.

I can't see how it's possible to make any view other than the batsman stance or behind the batsman view work. As its been mentioned seeing the gaps in the field and the field placement layout is crucial to a cricket game, I can't imagine how else this is achieved. I hope it's not too first person positioned as I haven't liked any cricket game to date from that batting angle. Has the risk of becoming too WII like....

I'm a little disappointed as seeing the aesthetics of the batsman (e.g his stance, likeness and the result of the shot or a wicket is all part of the appeal).....remains to be seen how BA achieve it without totally losing the nice touches!

Ross's latest post hints that it won't be like the "action cam" of recent games but higher up, behind the batsman. With that you will get to fully see your strokes and the fielders in front of you. If you want to see the shot from front on (or the side, overhead etc) then watch a replay :D

Recent games have been like this:

Cricket 2007
cricket2_qjgenth.jpg

IC 2010
IC2010_5.jpg

I think it will be more like this, but with a wider view so you can see the fielders from mid wicket around to cover, like in real life. Probably zoomed out a bit too.
7lz2.png

You can play multiplayer on the one PC or Console.

@whiteninness you are on the right track, and there is more than one camera option.

Hmmmmmmm... Not sure about this no "broadcast" view, since that is the standard of how cricket is visualized on television.

Cat amongst pigeons...

I like change though. So I'm up for something new...

The main benefit of this behind batsman / first person camera is that it actually puts you in the game. There are a lot of things that the devs can do using this camera that just isnt possible using any other camera. This camera gives you the 'feel' of batting in the middle. e.g. it puts fear in your heart when you see an express bowler running hard towards you and then hurling a tornado aimed at your head! That feeling is just not possible with the broadcast camera, as having a ball come 'towards' you is completely different than a ball going 'away' from you!!

Cricket, like any other sport, is more about the mental strength than physical. That aspect of the game was totally missing from all previous cricket games

Last edited:
I really like the way we bat in MLB by 2k. It tells me all I need to know about a pitch (ball) without any markers or similar stuff.

I hope that we have variety of cam angles in the game so as the Ea cricket 2004 like close view Broadcast mode....it is fun seriously it is awesome...What do you say about that ross

cricket2004pic6.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread