Post your questions about the game here!

Nothing, I mean nothing will be given to the other game with regard to this info until I know they are missing November past the point of no return.

I've always delivered beyond expectation so far on this game, I am going to need a little trust, and I say a little because soon enough you will see it for yourself.

The easy thing for us to do would put a camera behind the bowler and draw some lines on the pitch - that's not cricket, that's a quick time event.

I really liked the actioncam view in IC10 for batting but hated it for bowling. Took a bit of getting used to in terms of picking length but I've been saying for years that I want a game where you watch the ball out of the bowler's hand and not a graphic overlaid onto the pitch.

Might be worth some folks having a look at this video if you haven't played any of the MLB stuff, this video is from the 2011 game, but gives you an idea of how all the camera angles work together to create the "experience".

What I'm thinking is we're used to a static-camera style of gameplay in cricket games and perhaps the DBC14 stuff will be vastly more dynamic and not relying on "cameras around the ground" for the visual style but a more "floating immersion" style of presentation, intercut with the "broadcast" feel. Cutting from "in-action" as the MLB stuff does, out to a broadcast presentation view, then back "into the action" again. I sense this could be quite a departure from what we're used to be could be visually more appealing and feel a bit slicker, if done in a similar fashion.

I really liked the actioncam view in IC10 for batting but hated it for bowling. Took a bit of getting used to in terms of picking length but I've been saying for years that I want a game where you watch the ball out of the bowler's hand and not a graphic overlaid onto the pitch.

I liked it for bowling because otherwise it was too easy to just hit the the green spots. The whole bowling mechanic was incredibly flawed though.

What I'd like to know is with the foot placement control, are you picking the direction of the foot or the exact placement?

For example facing Swann on a day 5 pitch as a RH you would want to get your pad outside the line of off stump as much as possible, not just 'off side' or 'leg side'.

I really want to feel challenged facing a spinner on day 5 just to survive each ball, and I know this is your aim Ross but it will be bloody hard to achieve it in a first iteration of a game.

Bowling is a different story, very much like TV.

----------

Might be worth some folks having a look at this video if you haven't played any of the MLB stuff, this video is from the 2011 game, but gives you an idea of how all the camera angles work together to create the "experience".

What I'm thinking is we're used to a static-camera style of gameplay in cricket games and perhaps the DBC14 stuff will be vastly more dynamic and not relying on "cameras around the ground" for the visual style but a more "floating immersion" style of presentation, intercut with the "broadcast" feel. Cutting from "in-action" as the MLB stuff does, out to a broadcast presentation view, then back "into the action" again. I sense this could be quite a departure from what we're used to be could be visually more appealing and feel a bit slicker, if done in a similar fashion.

Bingo!

Yep, watch this video - or play MLB - it's where we are heading.

Bowling is a different story, very much like TV.

My suspicion now is that the bowling and batting cameras will be from the same inclination but rotated by 180 degrees. That would add a certain consistency. Of course, as said previously, there are multiple options.

Split screen should be possible like this. You'd cut off the wider view of the fielders for the batsman (does the bowler really need to see the fielders? probably not) but it'd still work well I think.

It's amazing that we had tiny TVs in the late 90s yet plenty of split screen games. Now we have televisions which are four times bigger (so 16 times bigger than the split-screen quarters of the past) yet no split screen! Of course this is largely due to the internet but nothing beats playing a game with or against your mate who is sitting right next to you.

Nothing, I mean nothing will be given to the other game with regard to this info until I know they are missing November past the point of no return.

Tbh I think they aready are past the point of no return. Even if they try to implement more features it would definitely take time. Means the game will have to be pushed even further which I am sure they won't as it has to be released during or before the Ashes series.

Hi Ross,
If it would be great there is an option for creating own team emblem(shape) also uniform pattern.so that we can match the real life uniforms else we will get disappointed by using the existing emblems and uniform pattern(in cricket academy)(uniform does not match the real life uniform but we need to think it is the same team.)

The idea of batting from the bowlers view is just not right... It's what you have been fed so far, sure, but why would you go on about "reality" and then want to cry if you don't have an unearthly "god mode" view of the game when batting?
I don't think it's that different than realistic racing games having an overhead view of the car - an unrealistic camera angle to make up for what games can't realistically reproduce of normal senses or natural movements.

Above that - I think most people are used to sports games as a representation of how you see them presented on TV. I understand the need to basically shock people out of their ways with older games by not just giving an option to turn the game into the older style, but broadcast presentation is in my view one of those familiarity things that would ease the other changes.

But, happy to be proven wrong. Those MLB videos do make me a bit less worried if that's the model that Big Ant are following.

Fair enough. I hope others understand Ross's situation.

Bingo!

Yep, watch this video - or play MLB - it's where we are heading.

The correct term is 'this guy gets it' ...but we'll accept 'Bingo'.

If you're a cricket or sports game fan, check out 2K's MLB stuff because it's well worth the investment, Baseball might not be everyone's cup of tea but the presentation and 'experience' it really does put you right in the middle. Both the pitcher and hitter have totally different "feels" to how you play them in-game, gives each a unique visual gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread