Post your questions about the game here!

I still think it's nearly impossible to bat in a video-game without pitch-markers unless the ball speed is slowed down to a level that it makes facing fast bowling non-challenging. Of course, I am hoping to be proven wrong though.

Lets hold off with what's impossible until we've tried it.
My worry all along is even though this game sounds great for a cricket fan, it seems much to hardcore for an average player. The casual fans may be put off buying this game due to needing a deep understanding of cricket to be able to enjoy it.

Am I the only one disappointed by this? I will of course give it a try, but I hated the action cam on ic2010. :noway

Nope...Am looking forward to it infact :cheers! You need to understand that in IC2010, that behind the batsman cam was an additional option while the batting mechanics were developed around the broadcast camera, thus making it inconvenient to some. In this game though, the batting mechanics have been developed around the first person/behind batsman view only!!!

Also, expect almost everyone of us to suck at this game atleast for a few weeks!!! New controls, new strategies, new thinking process, new mechanics......everything will take time!

Why not give the gamers at least an option to play in a different view!. I trust this game will be super amazing but that's a really big blow for me! :noway

My worry all along is even though this game sounds great for a cricket fan, it seems much to hardcore for an average player. The casual fans may be put off buying this game due to needing a deep understanding of cricket to be able to enjoy it.

The easier modes do not require you to use your feet etc. so I think the casual gamers would be fine as all they need to do is use the bat and time the ball ;).

----------

Why not give the gamers at least an option to play in a different view!. I trust this game will be super amazing but that's a really big blow for me! :noway

Maybe the answer to that lies in the batting mechanics that have been implemented. Lets just wait for the details to be revealed....then we would know if its even possible to play with another view ;)! I think all concerns with respect to the camera are quite normal.....any change brings along with itself the fear of the unknown...and then once people get used to it, they realize it is how things should have been from the very first day :cheers!

The easier modes do not require you to use your feet etc. so I think the casual gamers would be fine as all they need to do is use the bat and time the ball ;).

Good to hear. I would hate big ant to announce there will be no follow up titles due to low sales. I'm looking forward to my xbox one version!

This is similar with the controller vs keyboard debate.

BA made a new control system that simply was not possible with the keyboard. Instead of including a poor, dumbed down alternative set of controls for the keyboard, they made the brave decision of saying you needed a gamepad.

This is similar. We don't know what the system is yet exactly but if it isn't possible to implement with the broadcast camera then fair enough.

As everyone has said, it's about time cricket games evolve!

So we only gonna be playing behind batsman view!??

No one would be able to answer that except Ross and/or his team. And since he mentioned that he wants to keep that under wraps for some time, I guess all we can do is wait for the moment to arrive.

As everyone has said, it's about time cricket games evolve!

amen1.jpg

----------

Maybe the answer to that lies in the batting mechanics that have been implemented. Lets just wait for the details to be revealed....then we would know if its even possible to play with another view ;)! I think all concerns with respect to the camera are quite normal.....any change brings along with itself the fear of the unknown...and then once people get used to it, they realize it is how things should have been from the very first day :cheers!

Very true, but seeing yourself play a nice drive or late cut will just never be the same

Am I the only one disappointed by this? I will of course give it a try, but I hated the action cam on ic2010. :noway

Same, excited to see what its about, but i do love the whole looking its on tv thing for batting and bowling, seeing my own edge fly to the slips!

Same, excited to see what its about, but i do love the whole looking its on tv thing for batting and bowling, seeing my own edge fly to the slips!

You would see edges flying towards the slip when bowling :cheers!! Am sure that will be even more satisfying!!

While batting, you will get a different perspective of the ball flying to slips ;)!

----------

but seeing yourself play a nice drive or late cut will just never be the same

Maybe...but Im all for the 'feel' of playing cricket over viewing it ;)! Also, for a change, we would (finally) no longer skip replays all the time, as that will be our only source to see how sweetly we played that perfect drive :cheers! So even the replays would have some meaning in this game :cheers!!!

Good day, I would like to ask how to make teams in groups for example make 4 groups of 16 teams or 2 groups of 8 teams or 2 groups of 14 teams etc because there is no option in "Don Bradman Cricket Academy" competition designer to make groups of teams.. why is that so ?????? it is dissapointing to see a game which has covered every aspect of the game but you can not make groups of teams because all tyhe major ICC tournaments is based upon groups ???? i need feedback, thanks

Also, for a change, we would (finally) no longer skip replays all the time, as that will be our only source to see how sweetly we played that perfect drive :cheers! So even the replays would have some meaning in this game :cheers!!!

I agree to this as replays will have a new point of view and will have some meaning looking at them.....And will boost our confidence as the player controlling the batsman.....:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread