Post your questions about the game here!

I noticed how fast the ball comes at Those MLB videos and it looks AWESOME. The speed feels just right without being too quick or slow, giving us enough time to react. Will the ball speed for a fast bowler feel similar in DBC14 ross?

----------

As hinted in a response to an earlier post of mine, the camera likely will not be very close behind the batsman. That's what they did in Cricket 2007 and IC 2010 and it wasn't great. It's also what they have in the baseball games.

I think the default of Bradman 14 will be behind and elevated, pretty much a 180 deg rotation of the traditional broadcast camera.

It is much more natural to have the camera behind. If you want to play a front foot shot you move the joysticks forward. It'd be in reverse if you looked at the front of the batsman.

Kind of doubt the camera will be in that kind of an angle. That just reminds me of old matches which had cameras in one end only. I believe the max height will in the same level as the batsman's eyes.

^ I saw the thread pinned an hour ago. No idea why it was removed.

A bat-pad BARS review.

I thought we were getting the big announcement? if not then it's safe to say the game is releasing for mid/end of september

I thought we were getting the big announcement? if not then it's safe to say the game is releasing for mid/end of september

Ross confirmed in another forum it will definitely NOT release in august. So september is also my bet. Probably the end of september.

Ross confirmed in another forum it will definitely NOT release in august. So september is also my bet. Probably the end of september.

Yeah I know it won't be august, but it will be end of sept if the marketing doesn't start this friday or whenever they said it will start. Because doesn't it take a month or two submission for consoles?

Yeah I know it won't be august, but it will be end of sept if the marketing doesn't start this friday or whenever they said it will start. Because doesn't it take a month or two submission for consoles?

I believe they already got that done beforehand. He is just sitting with the game on his lap now :p well that and doing bug testing on it. Something he said ages ago indicated towards the submission process being done.

Have to say I'm intrigued and encouraged by the batting cam info. This is, after all, meant to be a simulation of cricket not a simulation of watching cricket on tv. Change is good! :thumbs

The default camera angle doesn't necessarily have to include all of the ring fielders, you just need the ability to be able to scan the field yourself. Really, when playing you're only looking straight ahead. You only look at the fielders between balls.

cool idea would be hold a button and the camera will zoom out to give a majestic view of the whole field from the sky . rather than players tuning head

cool idea would be hold a button and the camera will zoom out to give a majestic view of the whole field from the sky . rather than players tuning head

Would love something on those lines.

I really feel the a much awaited change has finally occurred in cricket video games. We aren't watching a match for heaven's sake, we are playing it virtually! The behind the batsman cam would certainly make every ball more interesting to play if its coupled with the perfect ambient noise, the wicket keeper talking and stuff. Would make for a perfect recipe to send shivers down your spine when you face the likes of Lee or Akhtar. Lovin' it! :cheers

Possibly but that's not how a player would realistically see things.

In terms of predicting where the ball is coming and timing etc, I think the idea is it will just come naturally. It may take a while, but that is the plan.

Anyone know if there would be a HUD showing field setting? I think it won't be there though.
Ideally imo you would have a HUD showing where the batsman thinks the fielders are, based on their confidence/ability/judgement - perhaps you might have a radar showing 8 fielders because you can't see some of them, or didn't see them move.

----------

When will have announcement which supposed to happen few weeks back?(revealing the licenses)
It happened a few weeks back.

I think it would be more along the lines of player rotating his head.

Ideally imo you would have a HUD showing where the batsman thinks the fielders are, based on their confidence/ability/judgement - perhaps you might have a radar showing 8 fielders because you can't see some of them, or didn't see them move.

Not sure about not being able to see 11 fielders on the field, but I think the batsman's perception of thinking a fielder is at a particular location sounds interesting. Could result in unexpected catches.

Just checking: Every time you sneer/spit at the way all massively successful Cricket games have done things for the last 20 years, you know that you ratchet that expectation up yet another little notch, AS WELL as go sliding down my Xmas card list? :)

Well no, no official release date, but we're still on the guarantee that it would be xx/0x/13 at the latest aren't we?

To be absolutely clear I was saying that for me this is a GOOD thing: I hope they do something completely innovative and brilliant!
It's just every time Ross disses the games I worked on (which were, on the whole, very successful) it makes me cry, and why would you want to do that Ross? Why?

I wanted to respond earlier but was driving, for literally ages... obviously the reason for my remarks would be that my competitor is remaking a very similar styled game to the previous ones (or so it would seem).

Mostly I was just pointing out that there hasn't been enough variety in gameplay in my opinion, it's been very "safe", however, as I said earlier people might think our idea of "fun" just isn't.

----------

To clarify batting camera's - there are many different camera distances from the pitch, you will have plenty of options.

Importantly, MikeM has corrected me in that you can bat from the bowling camera - I thought it had been removed - embarrassing, sorry. I still think you shouldn't do it and should stick to the MLB type cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread