Post your questions about the game here!

But didnt Ross already confirm that we can use the bowling camera for batting as well. He also said that the bowling camera is the one that looks like you are watching it on TV. Thats what is called the 'broadcast' camera!!! So, Ross has actually confirmed that the broadcast camera is available for batting. Why are people still cribbing about it? Also based on what Ross mentioned, it seems we would hardly be using it.

Do you really not know the answer why people are still complaining anout the lack of broadcast view? Look around my young apprentice...the answer is right infront of you...all around you.

But didnt Ross already confirm that we can use the bowling camera for batting as well. He also said that the bowling camera is the one that looks like you are watching it on TV. Thats what is called the 'broadcast' camera!!! So, Ross has actually confirmed that the broadcast camera is available for batting. Why are people still cribbing about it? Also based on what Ross mentioned, it seems we would hardly be using it.

Well shut my mouth. Missed the description of the bowling camera. Sorry for spamming should have known better really.

Commentary always adds so much spice to the game..Ross any idea when you might reveal the commentary names to us please?

PS: My fav was Tony Greig.. RIP Tony..!!

@Ross/BigAnt: Thanks for at least having the courage to stand up and do something unique. Secondly, I'm glad to hear that you now have all the camera options and it is up to the end-user to decide which one he is going to use. This is the ideal thing to do - not making anyone angry!

Two small suggestions: (Even if you can't implement these, it is always good to have a couple of things under your radar for future updates and releases)

1. If you are batting from behind-the-batsman-cam or the 1st person view, it would be a good idea to hear the keeper's sledging and chatter all the time. (Additional tip: you can consider including this chatter and sledging thing as the keeper's traits/abilities. Moreover, if a player is playing his career as a wicket-keeper, he will have the added responsibility of keep confusing the bastmen - of course, with different consequences)

2. In the 1st person view, the angle/view of the batsman should be directly aligned with his height. So one should 'feel' and have the added advantages and disadvantages of playing with a player like Sachin and S. Broad or M. Irfan. I'm sure you would have my point!

Would be glad to see a reply :)

Wow, i have never heard about the game MLB till now :eek:
my one question has triggered :D off this many replies wow great!!!
good news on the cam options as well...

So now the broadcast view is in for batting, ross with no pitch markers how will this work with this view. This game sounds so interesting, just a couple more weeks and most of are questions will be answered.:thumbs

ross with no pitch markers how will this work with this view.

Its just an option provided to the players. Ross has already mentioned that he would recommend that no one uses it though, as obviously without the markers, it is not a camera that you would enjoy a lot!

Wow, i have never heard about the game MLB till now :eek:
my one question has triggered :D off this many replies wow great!!!
good news on the cam options as well...

MLB The Show is an extraordinarily good interpretation of how a sport (in this case, baseball) can be converted to video-game format.

As baseball mimics cricket in so many ways you should try it. Demos are available if you create a US account on PSNetwork. or you can import the gme as I do.

The fielding aspect of the game is absolutely superb. If DBC14 can replicate this then the whole fielding department will be a tactical, fun, immersive game in itself.

Last edited:
Its just an option provided to the players. Ross has already mentioned that he would recommend that no one uses it though, as obviously without the markers, it is not a camera that you would enjoy a lot!

For us on this forum that is fine just to have a look at sometimes, for a casual fan who picks the game up and has no idea about the changers this game is bringing to cricket games. PS Like ross said a little trust is needed and I do trust him for us lot but the casual fans are the ones with a big ? against them for the time being.

Still this is just a guess, can I just freeze myself like cartman did for like 2 weeks.:D

----------

MLB The Show is an extraordinarily good interpretation of how a sport (in this case, baseball) can be converted to video-game format.

As baseball mimics cricket in so many ways you should try it. Demos are available if you create a US account on PSNetwork. or you can import the gme as I do.

The fielding aspect of the game is absolutely superb. If DBC14 can replicate this then the whole fielding department will be a tactical, fun, immersive game in itself.

I have no doubt about the outfield fielding in this game will be good, the slip fielding now that's a different story. How much will the ai help us, soon we will know.:spy

@Ross/BigAnt: Thanks for at least having the courage to stand up and do something unique. Secondly, I'm glad to hear that you now have all the camera options and it is up to the end-user to decide which one he is going to use. This is the ideal thing to do - not making anyone angry!

Two small suggestions: (Even if you can't implement these, it is always good to have a couple of things under your radar for future updates and releases)

1. If you are batting from behind-the-batsman-cam or the 1st person view, it would be a good idea to hear the keeper's sledging and chatter all the time. (Additional tip: you can consider including this chatter and sledging thing as the keeper's traits/abilities. Moreover, if a player is playing his career as a wicket-keeper, he will have the added responsibility of keep confusing the bastmen - of course, with different consequences)

2. In the 1st person view, the angle/view of the batsman should be directly aligned with his height. So one should 'feel' and have the added advantages and disadvantages of playing with a player like Sachin and S. Broad or M. Irfan. I'm sure you would have my point!

Would be glad to see a reply :)

No 2 is a great idea. Way to use height as an advantage/disadvantage

Is the wicket keeper able to communicate in the field it would be really cool like keepers saying "comeon boys "

For me most importantly pakistan keeper communicating in urdu
"Shaba boys"
"Koi baat nahi lalaa "

Etc

Is it possible
And some sounds like Oh well bowled when a spinner bowls a dot ball etc..

Last edited:
I prefer my wicket keepers to communicate in Latin from behind the stumps; "Ad praesens ova cras pullis sunt meliora" he sledged... or perhaps the Captain rousing the team... " Ubi concordia, ibi victoria!"

Users who are viewing this thread