Post your questions about the game here!

As we have seen in videos that wicket keeper moves towards legside when ball is angled towards legstump to make some ground if a chance of catch is there(no game has ever featured this) but we are yet to see the reflexes of fielders for catching and fielding and how real they are.

I want to see LB down to legside after missing a leg glance, never seen that to.
Also when the ball hits us can we run ross unlike all other cricket games that locks the cutscreen in.:spy

Hi,

I wanted to ask about custom sponsors on the field and stumps?
Is it possible to add sponsors on the stumps - like Natwest, VB, Pepsi etc? (for custom tours and tournaments)

Thanks! :)

Correct, we could... but not every time it happened. Sometimes the game would let you and other times it would cut-scene it to a replay. Always depended on how far off the pitch the ball deflected.

Looking at the video, looks like leg byes are in. So i am guessing ball hitting body and stealing a single should be in too. Unless of course the batsman got injured in the process

Yeah I guess your half right and I was half wrong or wrote it wrong like always.:facepalm

PS What I mean is when the ball hits us hard like on the arm or off the helmet I would love to run a few runs or score a 4 now and then.
After watching the video way to many times I do think if the ball just hits the pad or body just a little then yeah just like the game.

PS Would love to hear what ross says about this little detail for the game.:spy

A question about future modding....to ross/mikey or anyone who understands this better than me.

Since cricket academy has a pc version and the xbox and ps3 version shares the same thing from a common server, if we change a bat sticker in cricket academy pc version (replace a default one or add as a new one) shouldn't it also be visible in the ps3 and 360 version?

I am thinking this way because the cricket academy version shipping with the game wont be as up to date as the cricket academy we have now. But ross/mikey confirmed long ago ps3/360 versions will still be able to show the new hairstyles or whatever that gets added to CA pc version.

Any graphical mods we make will be local to your machine [PC] after downloading and modding, they can't be shared with the server for practical and legal reasons. Given the kits (for example) are a layer-based module, I imagine modding will be quite a different process to the way it's been done in the past... Mods can't be made to the XBOX or PS3 versions.

But does not the server contain the physical models of everything? for example the bat sticker. Or does the server just contain the ID/reference of that model? Hope i am being clear about my question.

ross can you post some of the scorecards of matches played with game AI.. will give us a idea of how realistic is the game AI :spy

Yeah, totally clear. The server can't contain any changes you make locally on your own PC. So say, if you mod a kit for a particular team, it'll only show as changed on YOUR system - nobody will see the edited kit on the server, it'll just show the default one... in fact, you may not even able to "share" modded teams once changing them, the server might just boot you because you've (technically) done something a bit dodgy to a licensed/copyright product.

We won't know until the game is out, but I suspect it's just a simple case of whatever changes you make locally are just that: local based changes.

Yeah, totally clear. The server can't contain any changes you make locally on your own PC. So say, if you mod a kit for a particular team, it'll only show as changed on YOUR system - nobody will see the edited kit on the server, it'll just show the default one... in fact, you may not even able to "share" modded teams once changing them, the server might just boot you because you've (technically) done something a bit dodgy to a licensed/copyright product.

We won't know until the game is out, but I suspect it's just a simple case of whatever changes you make locally are just that: local based changes.

Uhh...makes sense. Thanks.

Will there be kit selection? It'd be really cool if you can chose what kit you want to use or just for this version have kits for t20/50/tests like PES/FIFA style.

Also furthermore I think in a future version or as DLC it'd be really sweet if we can have multiple designs for kits so if someone creates a 1999WC kit they can use that if they please in one dayers and t20's, like a whole catalogue of kits if you know what I mean? not the most important thing but would be a nice touch :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread