Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, for online multiplayer, how are the pauses going to work? I mean like, can you pause anytime? And how many times, for how long?
I hope there's no way to exploit that feature in multiplayer.

In Madden there are 5 pauses at max (or maybe 3?) with each pause no more than 30 seconds or so. Once you go over that limit, pause is taken as a Quit. These are pretty standard things in online gameplay and I'm sure Big Ant have handled them appropriately in the game.

Ross; On average (guestimate) how many times a day when you're on the forum do you crack open DBC14 on your work 'puter and play a 10 over match in-between answering questions in this thread?

I imagine every time someone asks about the release date, you double-click the icon, answer "nothing confirmed yet" alt-tab over to the DBC14 window, ask the receptionist to hold your calls ...and cackle hysterically as your bowler runs for the first delivery of the day...

It's a pity that those ignored can still be seen when quoted. I wish I could completely remove posts from usher08 as they are very amateur at best.

Bit immature... Was simply asking a question. why did you feel the need to implement the red blur following the ball in a game ? Especially if you are going for realism and gameplay !

Bit immature... Was simply asking a question. why did you feel the need to implement the red blur following the ball in a game ? Especially if you are going for realism and gameplay !

It wasn't the fact you were asking a question, it was how you asked it. This has been answered so many times, but hey, I'll bite.

It is to assist with manual fielding so you can actually see the ball. In previous games, the autonomy and pre-determination of events meant no need for such a mechanic.

Haha thank you finally someone answers question from a newbie and doesn't just snap at them! There was nothing wrong with the way I asked the question now when's the release date ... Jk

Next time to save everyone a bit of pain, have a search around the forum - you'd be surprised at how easy it is to find the answers you need. And if you don't want Ross to ignore you, perhaps don't hurl unwarranted insults at the game he is working on.

Last edited:
No doubt pearls of wisdom that I am the poorer for not being able to see, maybe someone could summarise it for me, shouldn't take more than one word.

He doesn't like the red comet.

He doesn't deserve one, ball should hit him in the head.

I guess he loves discs and red dots on the pitch and yellow debug lines though.... because one thing that I got from that guy is how even handed and level headed he was.

Last edited:
...annnnnnd [/Thread]

EDIT:

Oh, you edited yours so now my joke doesn't work... guess the thread will go on past 458 insufferable pages...

Last edited:
Haha thank you finally someone answers question from a newbie and doesn't just snap at them! There was nothing wrong with the way I asked the question now when's the release date ... Jk

Well you were directed a number of times to the thread concerning the video and why the comet is there. The drift of your post suggests you have already pre judged, i.e it is ruining realism and gameplay, which makes it hard for people to approach the question as it is unclear whether it is a real question wanting an answer or just stating your opinion on the game......

He doesn't deserve one, ball should hit him in the head.

:lol:lol:lol , time for MikeM to implement newer techs/animations maybe? generic butthead fielder orders 'no comet', then gets hit in the head, and the head is replaced by a comet in its place, finally ending all the tantrum, and all the other fielders, annoyed of this teammate, kicks him to the ground to get their ball back... :D:D:lol

Last edited:
"This message is hidden because usher08 is on your ignore list."

That's they way I like it - please do not quote the racist troll.

Users who are viewing this thread